ellisisamazing

100 Women get naked for Autism!

Just been reading more on this subject, They raised �17,000 to send their daughter to Florida to the Growing Minds Program for a second year which claims children can recover from ASD! Apparentely the little girl was non verbal and vacant a year ago and is able to count to ten and show love. Its a parent directed treatment to help interact wih your ASD child and fulfil their potential. This is a lovely idea, but also sad for those of us that simply cannot afford or even raise such a vast amount even by charity events. A lovely story nonetheless!

I don't believe in a cure, just those lovely moments of breakthrough!

Edited by ellisisamazing

Hi Pearl! >:D<<'>

*Covers Pearl up with a carefully placed bottle of sherry and a couple of glace cherries! :lol:

Lisa xx

Its ok I've already taped on the jaffa cakes :lol:

But everyone knows that it's the women of the household that buy the calendars.

'100 men get naked...' would sell so much better I feel.

And they might want recommendations...we could interview...shortlist...quality control...

Ooohhh I need to go and lie down with a jaffa cake or six now.

And they might want recommendations...we could interview...shortlist...quality control...

Urgh No!

Naked Men?????????!!!!!!!! :crying:

Well ok, but only if the pics are done in a hot climate, otherwise you might as well just photograph the sausage counter at Asda......all pale, pallid and a bit limp looking!!!! :lol:

I'd buy one with Tony on it :ph34r:

I'd prefer Swedish meatballs, suits a petite frame B)

I shall call my friend Bjorn Sven Svensonn then and call in a favour then! :lol:

He is very hands on!

Edited by ellisisamazing

Just been reading more on this subject, They raised �17,000 to send their daughter to Florida to the Growing Minds Program for a second year which claims children can recover from ASD!

I don't want to hijack the thread but alarm bells start ringing in my head when any organisation makes claims like this! Autism isn't something that can or should be 'cured' and is a lifelong condition. There are behavioural programs that can make a child pretend to be 'normal', but that has moral issues all of it's own.

It is a wonderful gesture to raise the money, but I am a little uncomfortable with how it is being spent!

Simon

I don't want to hijack the thread but alarm bells start ringing in my head when any organisation makes claims like this! Autism isn't something that can or should be 'cured' and is a lifelong condition. There are behavioural programs that can make a child pretend to be 'normal', but that has moral issues all of it's own.

It is a wonderful gesture to raise the money, but I am a little uncomfortable with how it is being spent!

Simon

I agree, I know someone who took their child to America to "get them cured", what a load of nonsense! I wouldn't change my son for the world now.

For the record, Simon and Cariad...I don't believe in this organisation either having read more and more about them!

The way I see it is, �17, 000 was spent to see this lovely little girl learn to count to ten.........I believe you can do this with education, books, stimulus......reading and learning about and with my son is good enough for us!

This child is extremely lucky to have people raise so much money for her, it sounds harsh but I would prefer to give my money to a life saving treatment or operation for somebody with cancer or transplant.

I wouldn't change El either, whatever happens and whatever progressions take place and the ones that don't. well some things are meant to be and some aren't!

Lisa xx

Lisa

I agree

Between H's 3rd and 4th Birthday he progressed from being non-verbal to a boy that had some speech and became much more interactive with those around him.

Apart from weekly portage and attending a private day nursery a couple of days a week he wasn't on any kind of a program. Had we sent him away to America during that time they would have taken the credit.

It is a myth that our children do not make progress, they just make it an their own pace and in their own way. That's why I get very cynical when tales of an Autistic child making progress are cited as proof that an expensive program works, in many cases that progress would have happened anyway.

Simon

I agree with you both (Lisa and mossgrove). I think the right schooling and handling and a whole lot of patience and love will bring an autistic child on, for instance the DS attended the wrong school from 7-11. Now he is placed in the right school in one week he is changing into a polite boy who will even dress himself and having a conversation.