Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Emoticons

I'm going to risk looking very idiotic and asking this one, cause it's been bugging me for ages.

With the emoticons, you can write the work they represent between a pair of colons, so:

If you write 'wine' you get :wine:

If you write 'eat' you get :eat:

If you write 'tearful' you get :tearful:

If you write 'fight' you get :fight:

Etc.

Etc.

So, why, to get :ph34r: are the letters/numbers 'ph34r' used?

Also, can we have a chocolate cake eating emoticon like the wine one - maybe with Mr smiley manically chomping his way through a slice and cake crumbs flying everywhere?

threw me too -

I used to stick it in all over the place (fnar fnar) thinking it meant something like this : :star:

And then I was told it actually meant something like this: :tearful:

Peeps must have thought me a right ol' wuss! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

threw me too -

I used to stick it in all over the place (fnar fnar) thinking it meant something like this : :star:

And then I was told it actually meant something like this: :tearful:

Peeps must have thought me a right ol' wuss! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

Tis a hard emoticon to describe - more like this :tearful: combined with this :devil: to me.

Well I've been completely wrong - I never knew it was anything to do with :tearful:

I thought it was a person in disguise - more like a :devil: in disguise.

Still - whatever it means, why ph34r?

I didn't think it was fear - to me it looks like a long hard stare and that's how I've been using it ! :lol:

And Mumble, I don't know why it's called ph34r either. :rolleyes:

K x

Not the rectangular jaffa cakes you have recently moved on to. I was standing next to them in the checkout line today and I saw them, thought of you and giggled. The other customers must have thought I was totally barmy. :wacko: No change there then! :lol:

Mumble - i can go one better.......

I spotted them whilst wandering around the *posh* supermarket with a friend. I turned to her and said - Oh look - Jaffa cakes! :bounce::D Thankfully, she's used to me.......... :rolleyes::lol:

I always thought :ph34r: meant sneaky! :wacko::blink::D

Not the rectangular jaffa cakes you have recently moved on to. I was standing next to them in the checkout line today and I saw them, thought of you and giggled. The other customers must have thought I was totally barmy. :wacko: No change there then! :lol:

The M&S ones are for special occasions, the :ph34r: ones for daily consumption. I'm glad I made you giggle!

Pearl have you had those Lime flavoured jaffa cakes? :sick:

Yuss, they are yummy.

The blackcurrant ones though .... :sick: too sweet & sickly & no tanginess.

Sorry....boring I know....I am not going to mention jaffa cakes, but going back to the orginal thread the letter/numbers ph34r... actually spell out FEAR in text/street talk ie ph is pronounced "F" 3 = E , 4 = A and r well that just r !!! bit like car number plates that spell out things ! Guess we should be fearful of the man in the mask ?

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63

Sorry....boring I know....I am not going to mention jaffa cakes, but going back to the orginal thread the letter/numbers ph34r... actually spell out FEAR in text/street talk ie ph is pronounced "F" 3 = E , 4 = A and r well that just r !!! bit like car number plates that spell out things ! Guess we should be fearful of the man in the mask ?

Thanks Clare - well I'm going to start a campaign to have it changed to :fear: - you know how us Aspies like things to say what they mean and mean what they say!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

I still don't see this as a "fear" smiley at all - to me it suggests aggression and defiance - quite the opposite!

Will I now have to go back through all my 4000 + posts and change :ph34r: to :ninja: or :fight:.?? I may be gone some time... :lol:

K x

You Brits worry me :lol: you are all joking right. :unsure: I hope you are. :tearful:

In Aussie :ninja: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle :ninja: means Go kick ######!! Put your boxing gloves on and be prepared for a fight - in an assertive manner, not in an aggressive manner - because 'aggression and victims' go together - whereas assertive knows their rights and knows how to seek justice.

Forgive me - its almost midnight just enjoyed my favourite wine with a superb dinner.

Hey my son gave me a compliment do you watch 'Everybody Loves Raymond' he said I cook like Marie but act like Deborah :lol: if thats a compliment :rolleyes: wow :whistle::shame::P

:ninja::thumbs: one of my favourite emoticon :ninja: that me a inja :lol:

:devil:

You Brits worry me :lol: you are all joking right. :unsure: I hope you are. :tearful:

In Aussie :ninja: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle :ninja: means Go kick ######!! Put your boxing gloves on and be prepared for a fight - in an assertive manner, not in an aggressive manner - because 'aggression and victims' go together - whereas assertive knows their rights and knows how to seek justice.

Forgive me - its almost midnight just enjoyed my favourite wine with a superb dinner.

Hey my son gave me a compliment do you watch 'Everybody Loves Raymond' he said I am an excellent cook like Marie but act like Deborah - female mentality - :lol: if thats a compliment :rolleyes: wow :whistle::shame::P

:ninja::thumbs: one of my favourite emoticons :ninja: that me a ninja :lol: no I prefer this one >:D<<'>

:devil:

I thought it meant the same as you Fran.

I love Everybody loves Raymond :thumbs: . We do get it here, but on normal tele it's on at 7.30 in the morning :o . On satellite tele, it's at a much respectable time.

Ooooo, even Kath & Kim are on at the moment. Memories of Oz come flooding back :)

Annie

xx

I thought it meant the same as you Fran.

I love Everybody loves Raymond :thumbs: . We do get it here, but on normal tele it's on at 7.30 in the morning :o . On satellite tele, it's at a much respectable time.

Ooooo, even Kath & Kim are on at the moment. Memories of Oz come flooding back :)

Annie

xx

Pheww...I am not loosing the plot.. :D

Kath & Kim - Gosh I find it so hard to get into Kath and Kim - sometimes I could wring their necks -they thrive on being annoying yet so is Deborah - note to self - what is son saying - I am annoying :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: awesome :lol: its working :thumbs:

Pass the jaffa cakes pleeeaaassse! :eat:

>:D<<'>

I LOVE Kath & Kim - those women have no vanity! :lol:

I wish I had a clue who Kath & Kim were - I thought you were talking about Kim & Aggie the cleaning people!! Now they'd have a thing or two to say about this jaffa cake hugging thing Pearl - murder trying to get those chocolate stains out if the clothes (although probably done with diluted vinegar if their show's anything to go by :lol:)

Kath & Kim - Australian mother/daughter sitcom.

I'd be ver, ver scared if Kim & Aggie came round our house. When we were decorating the living room a few weeks ago, we moved a cupboard & found a tin of fish food behind it.

We havent had a goldfish for 10 years :o