Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Statutory assessment - update

Just found your update - have been wondering how it went on Tuesday. The trouble is we all pin our hopes on the next meeting/appointment and hope it will be "the" one. I guess in the real world no one is going to wave a magic wand and make everything OK. The truth is, as well you know, it's a huge ongoing task and even if you win a battle you haven't necessarily won the war.

Hope you're feeling better, there's certainly lots of nasty virus things going round at the moment.

Thanks sylvm Helen and nellie :)

I'm sure you're right!

Waiting for it to happen though, feels like being in labour. :wacko:

K

Edited by Kathryn

.... and still waiting. :wacko:

We were hopeful that L's case would go back to (yet another) panel a couple of days ago. They were just waiting for an update from the psychiatrist at Camhs. His secretary assured me that she had faxed it over on Friday afternoon. Yet it still didn't reach the required desk at the LEA till Tuesday afternoon - too late for the panel.

This means that we now have to wait till the next panel - in two weeks time. This is three days before the deadline for submitting our case statement to the tribunal. I was holding off doing anything about that in the hope that something was happening, and now l've got to do it after all.

I am angry, frustrated and weary. We had allowed ourselves to hope that everything would be resolved soon. Now it feels like we are back to square one. Everyone is saying how "positive" the multi agency meeting was last week, but it's done nothing to ease the immediate pressure on us. :angry:

K

Kathryn

Really sorry to hear your news - or should I say, lack of it.

All I can think to say is - wallow in misery today and then 'up and at them' tomorrow girl. The war isn't done 'til it's done.

We're all right behind you.

Barefoot

Everyone is saying how "positive" the multi agency meeting was last week, but it's done nothing to ease the immediate pressure on us. :angry: 

Kathryn, request an emergency panel meeting, ask for this meeting to be scheduled for just after this coming weekend.

Don't know what else to suggest to you... Helen >:D<<'>

Edited by Helen

Well, my daughter's case goes back to the third panel on Tuesday. I wonder what wonderful excuse they'll come up with not to assess this time? In the meantime the case statement for the tribunal has to be sent off on Wednesday, so I'm trying to get that finished in the next couple of days. :wacko:

As if that isn't enough, I start a new job on Tuesday as well - (I'm a glutton for punishment, aren't I. :rolleyes:) Actually, I'm looking forward to the last bit, it's something I really want to do, and I've worked there before and know all the people. I don't think it will be any more stressful than being at home, and it's only a couple of mornings a week. The job came to me, I would never have gone out looking for it at this stage in my life!

Oh and Social services are coming round on Thursday to do an assessment, at long last.

It's going to be a heck of a week. :o:huh::wacko::) By the weekend I'll definitely need some of this :wine: (if I have enough stamina to hold the glass).

Hi Kathryn,

Good luck for Tuesday. When will you know the outcome?

Also, enjoy your new job, i'm sure it will be good to have some time to yourself. I know i actually look forward to going to work, even though it's a stressful job, it's not as stressful as home sometimes!

All the best for Thursday too. Wow, what a busy week ! :wacko: I think wine will definately be on the menu. Make sure you have enough supplies in!

Loulou x