Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Deleating passwords and visited sites

My sister's laptop has broken - great timing in that as I have a new one my old one's going spare for her to use whilst she gets her fixed/demands a loan from Mr Bank Manager for a new one.

However, on my old puter are stored somewhere all my passwords to ebay, amazon email etc etc inc. credit card details - now I trust her totally and know she wouldn't do anything with these, but the other thing that's stored is this site and my log-in details. Is there any way I can remove them from that computer (I don't want to get rid of everything - I want to keep my work for instance as a backup in case this new puter fails) but so that on this new computer it still remembers all my details?

Sorry if that's a stupid question btw - I'm not very technically minded!!! :rolleyes:

Don't take this as gospel, but I THINK if you 'delete all cookies' they'll all go... you could check after by trying to log in and see if you get the dialogue request up rather than logging in automatically...

Hopefully someone who really knows will bne along soon

L&P

BD :D

Hi mumble - thinking about it, you'd probably need to delete 'history' too:

To delete AutoComplete entries from the Address bar list

AutoComplete stores entries you've made for web addresses, forms, and passwords and remembers them if you begin to type them again later. To delete web address entries from the Address bar, you have to clear the History folder. Here's how:

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  2. Click the General tab.
  3. Under Browsing history, click Delete.
  4. Click Delete history, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the history.
  5. Click Close, and then click OK.
Note
  • To delete a single address from the list of suggestions provided when you're typing a web address, highlight the address, and then press
Deleting cookies is done through 'start>programmes>accessories>system tools>disc clean up... if you empty temporary internet files you should clear your cookies (?) I hope...

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

Thanks BD - I'll give it a go tomorrow. And if it doesn't work I'll warn you before you get strange 'Mumble' posts. Perhaps that should be stranger :rolleyes::lol:

I always have to log in on here, it doesnt do it automatically. I thought we all had to :unsure:

That'll be because you're into jaffa cakes rather than cookies. Only cookies, like elephants, remember!

Mind you, my new puter just needs 'the finger' to get me in!! :lol: