Flora

'It's not terminal'

Been out tonight (got my babystitter back... ie.. mum's leg has healed from her broken femur).

Had a few drinks and a giggle with some lovely girls.. then got talking to others who I hadn't seen for a while. A guy I know who used to work for a LEA was asking how things were going with Bill, and I started talking about it. Then this couple I know came into the conversation and started saying 'well we've all got our worries, at least it's not terminal'. I was really nice and totally agreed with them, then changed the subject and asked them how things were with them. The next hour was spent with them telling me exactly how bad things were (financial, not happy with house, blah blah). But I came home and started really thinking about things. I'd talked for all of 5 minutes about the ###### my family our going through and how awful life is for poor Bill.. then was basically told to thank my lucky starts that nobody is dying. Then was subject to their genuinly trivial problems for over an hour.

Why are people so selfish and brutal in their views? I ensure not to bore people with our life, and only ever talk about it when asked directly.

I feel quite upset that I caved in to their attitude about it all.

And I'm a bit tipsy!

Flozza

Hmmm -

thing is, what you experience is outside of their little world view so 'doesn't count'...

Now property prices, the fact that someone else got that promotion and the world shattering news that Max Factor have stopped doing 'Perfect Peach' lipgloss are real issues that deserve a good discussion... Oh, and it goes without saying: 'men - why they are useless' :whistle:

L&P

BD :D (tipsy - shame on you :shame: You'd never catch me............ ;) )

:lol::lol::lol: baddad you were so near exactly what they were talking about that it's bloomin' spooky!

Not exactly 'perfect peach' lipstick, but they were very upset that the roof tiles they have to get for the extension to their grade two listed house have to be handmade clay, so are going to cost them a bit more than they'd budgeted for. I mean, hey, these are real problems aren't they? ? I was close to suggesting that a bit of tarpaulin or a big ground sheet would do fine, but I couldn't find the words at the time! I always think of the best responses about two hours too late!

Anyway, I'm happy at the moment and I'm doing well with my preventative hangover plan (tea, water, bananas and ibuprofen)... :unsure:

flozza :lol:

Grade two listed house.... I would have been tempted to say "What, couldn't you afford a new one then?"... but that's probably why I'm a Billy-No-Mates! :lol::lol:

:lol::clap::lol:

See what I mean? Why the heck can't I think of a fab reposte like that??? Instead I'm sat there nodding and smiling and thinking about what I might have to eat when I get home.

flozza

:lol::clap::lol:

Instead I'm sat there nodding and smiling and thinking about what I might have to eat when I get home.

flozza

Tell you what's really frightening? How tempting is a fried egg sandwich/kentucky fried chicken/deep-fried cat/fried anything-you-can-lay-your-hands-on when you've had a few beers? It's apparently a 'blood' thing - your body/brain demands the fat to help it detox or summat- but what a swizz! Wake up next morning, guilt-ridden and panicked and spent two hours walking up and down the stairs to burn the carbs off :(...

Still, there are worse ways of waking up guilt-ridden and panicked in the morning... ;):lol:

WHAAAAAAATTTTT??? Max Factor have stopped doing Perfect Peach lipgloss??? :crying::lol::lol::lol: What are you going to use now BD??? :whistle:;)

I am always quite surprised by the fact i am almost tempted to eat a kebab when i've had a few beers, and ireally hate them :unsure::sick:

Anyway, sorry you're night didn't end quite the way you'd have liked!

SERVES YOU RIGHT!! :lol: ..............GOING OUT ON THE TOWN!!...............hope you had a good night out , even if you did had to listen to those bores for a few hours.Hope your tummy is,nt churning too much!!

>:D<<'> Flora >:D<<'> You were v forbearing. Drink loosens my tongue & I'd have probs let rip!

The "terminal" remark reminded me of when S was about 13 & had to do a talk to her class at school. Her subject - "My Little Brother". She did much to raise awareness of AS in her 5 minute slot bless her, & then took questions from her audience. One lad put up his hand, & said, "No offence like, but is it terminal?" We thought that was really sweet as it was asked with genuine curiosity & concern, unlike your "friends" who clearly dont want to hear about anything that doesnt affect their cosy little life.

I hope all their handmade tiles arrive broken :devil:

Edited by pearl

My sympathies, Flora, it makes you feel rotten when people say things like that, doesn't it. :tearful:

My MIL goes to great lengths to tell me all about children who are 'a lot worse off' than J, in an attempt to somehow shock me out of feeling 'sorry for myself'. The trouble is, all it does it make me feel worse. :(

~ Mel ~

My sympathies, Flora, it makes you feel rotten when people say things like that, doesn't it. :tearful:

My MIL goes to great lengths to tell me all about children who are 'a lot worse off' than J, in an attempt to somehow shock me out of feeling 'sorry for myself'. The trouble is, all it does it make me feel worse. :(

Agree with that Mel. Knowing there are people out there in worse circumstances does nothing to lighten my load, and I end up just feeling guilty for having the audacity not to be jumping for joy.

Such is life.

Karen

x