Sign in to follow this  
Tally

I should not be allowed a computer

Oh, what have I done?

I just accidentally did something, although I'm not sure what. I think I clicked the mouse somewhere near the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

You know the blue bar at the bottom of the page that shows the Start button and what programs you've got running? Well, it moved to the right-hand side of the page. I somehow got it back to the bottom, but it's really fat and I can't make it thin again.

Move your mouse to the top of the thick blue bar (where it touches the rest of the screen). A double ended black arrow will come up. Press and hold the mouse button and drag it downwards then let go when it's the right size again.

I'll join you in not being allowed a computer - I've just found a file called 'print me' that has important info to read before installation (how???? you need to install to find the file??? :wallbash:) - it has a list of things not to do - I reckon I've done about half of them :oops: I am of course going to blame it all on DWitch - it was her fault actually cause she confuzzled me (and that's not hard!!)

Oh, what have I done?

I just accidentally did something, although I'm not sure what. I think I clicked the mouse somewhere near the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

You know the blue bar at the bottom of the page that shows the Start button and what programs you've got running? Well, it moved to the right-hand side of the page. I somehow got it back to the bottom, but it's really fat and I can't make it thin again.

Tally

Don't worry - it's very common!

What you should do now is right-click on the blue bar, and on the menu choose "Lock the taskbar" - that way you won't be able to move it accidentally, and it won't become all big and fat either.

Hope that helps.

Phil

Move your mouse to the top of the thick blue bar (where it touches the rest of the screen). A double ended black arrow will come up. Press and hold the mouse button and drag it downwards then let go when it's the right size again.

The arrow comes up, but when I click and hold and pull it down, the bar does not move down.

I've never figured out exactly under what circs it does that - if you play around with dragging corners and edges about it does eventually work.

I've decided to lock the taskbar as it is and put up with it before I #### it up any more. Am going to be reinstalling Windows at some point anyway (hopefully without blowing up the computer!!!), although by the time I get around to it, I'll be used to the fat taskbar I'll think, "ooh, the taskbar is thin, innit!"