Mumble

My Aspie Radar

Great news!

Sounds like he's been looking for a way to have a conversation too, and suddenly hit on something he could talk about.

Is he trying to get support as well? You could always ask him about that. Try to remember the things he talked about. Asking questions about those things could be a good way to start another conversation. You could also ask him about what he's studying and how it's going. I don't think you need to worry too much about "starting" a conversation, I would just dive right in - he did!

I don't think you need to worry too much about "starting" a conversation, I would just dive right in - he did!

That is actually very true :D

Don't think he wants support - just wants to be him - but he had an interesting theory about not getting so much stick for being him as he's a scientist, whereas my degree comes under the broad heading of social science.

Don't forget to ask his name!

That's very true - I was thinking after today that I don't know his name :oops: I may have to get my sis back next Sunday to help!!! :lol:

i haven't been posting for long but i love this thread it gives me that happy feelin can't wait for the next instalment :thumbs::clap:

Have you got an idea of what he looks like?

You'll know what i mean...unless you've been wearing your specs! ;)

I've been wearing my specs, so yes, sort of (I'm still finding this seeing faces thing weird - can't quite get my brain to comprehend and hold all of this new information it's getting :lol:)

About what he looks like! :rolleyes:

Oops, sorry - slightly alcohol fuzzled brain. I'll get a better look at Thursday and report back :thumbs: Right now I have alcohol that needs sleeping off :drunk:

Oops, sorry - slightly alcohol fuzzled brain. I'll get a better look at Thursday and report back :thumbs: Right now I have alcohol that needs sleeping off :drunk:

Shame on you! :shame:

Bid ;)

Oh Mumble thats wonderful news :thumbs: I am so pleased for you (and well done sis!)

It seems like you may have found a real friend there.I can't wait for the next instalment *this has made my day* :clap:

Oh Mumble - how exciting!! :thumbs: Poor guy would probably keel over if he knew the interest he was generating amongst all us lot :lol: , can't wait for next instalment

Luv Witsend.

**Progress - by myself this time :rolleyes:** (clearly it helps to be so stressed out about other stuff I forget to think about this)

Let me set the scene:

I'm about 3/4 hour late for dinner as I'd forgotten to do my laundry in the morning and had to rush to get it done. I went to dinner and it was really really busy. I couldn't get to my usual seat without having to squish past lots of people, so went to the other side of the table opposite where aspie guy usually sits. He wasn't there and I assumed he'd already had dinner.

About 5 minutes later however, he did come in, in a 3-piece-suit (clearly dressed for dinner with me :wub::lol:). Unlike me, he decided to squish past people to get to his usual seat, so ended up sitting opposite me.

As it's Friday it was chip night - now I do not do chips without salt and vinegar because otherwise they don't taste 'right'. Cue Mumble wandering around the dining hall for 5 minutes whilst dinner gets cold to find the elusive salt and vinegar - I'm sure the students must steal the salt cellars. Anyway, got back, sat down, shook salt, nothing came out. Cue walking round dining hall to find another one. Repeat three times.

So eventually I get on with eating my (now cold, but correct tasting) meal. Then, another student comes over and asks to borrow the salt. I (being helpful, but I didn't explain this at first so probably came across strangely :rolleyes:) directed them as to which of my collection to take (the only non-bunged up one). I then as an after-thought explained that the others didn't work.

At which point, P.A.G. (possibly aspie guy) says to me - "they don't work?", me "no, they're bunged up". He then unscrewed and mended them all (how aspie!) whilst I played the helpless female.

OK, not very riveting, I'm thinking of getting a World Record Book entry for the slowest developed conversation . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

**Progress - by myself this time :rolleyes:** (clearly it helps to be so stressed out about other stuff I forget to think about this)

Let me set the scene:

I'm about 3/4 hour late for dinner as I'd forgotten to do my laundry in the morning and had to rush to get it done. I went to dinner and it was really really busy. I couldn't get to my usual seat without having to squish past lots of people, so went to the other side of the table opposite where aspie guy usually sits. He wasn't there and I assumed he'd already had dinner.

About 5 minutes later however, he did come in, in a 3-piece-suit (clearly dressed for dinner with me :wub::lol:). Unlike me, he decided to squish past people to get to his usual seat, so ended up sitting opposite me.

As it's Friday it was chip night - now I do not do chips without salt and vinegar because otherwise they don't taste 'right'. Cue Mumble wandering around the dining hall for 5 minutes whilst dinner gets cold to find the elusive salt and vinegar - I'm sure the students must steal the salt cellars. Anyway, got back, sat down, shook salt, nothing came out. Cue walking round dining hall to find another one. Repeat three times.

So eventually I get on with eating my (now cold, but correct tasting) meal. Then, another student comes over and asks to borrow the salt. I (being helpful, but I didn't explain this at first so probably came across strangely :rolleyes:) directed them as to which of my collection to take (the only non-bunged up one). I then as an after-thought explained that the others didn't work.

At which point, P.A.G. (possibly aspie guy) says to me - "they don't work?", me "no, they're bunged up". He then unscrewed and mended them all (how aspie!) whilst I played the helpless female.

OK, not very riveting, I'm thinking of getting a World Record Book entry for the slowest developed conversation . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

i find it riveting mumble,when i saw you had written a new post about it i was all excited :thumbs: im thinking he put thesuit onto impress you mumbles,i just love romance

Edited by hev

:thumbs: an added bonus is that all the salt cellars are now fully operational :thumbs:

Oooh oooh I know, you could bung one up on purpose for next time, & hand it to him looking all helpless :lol:

Edited by pearl

Ooh, Mumble- we haven't 'met' here yet, I don't think, but Ihave got to say,

I am eager to find out what happens next!!

This is so great, you've got a 'fan-base'! :thumbs:

My backside is all numb from sitting here reading it- I couldn't leave without knowing the story so far!!!

Pearl's idea's great- that'd be an ice-breaker alright!!

Good luck!

Esther x