Mumble

My Aspie Radar

:oops: Well that didn't work did it!!! :lol:

Think I've freaked him out (makes a change from me doing the freaking out :whistle:)

Think I may give him a break to recover for a while!!! :devil:

or he's gone into hiding? :)

I think I should go into hiding :devil: But I would like it noted here that whoever gave him the small electric shock and made his hair all frizzy wasn't me!!!! :lol:

I'm better off sticking with watching Friends on E4 rather than trying to make any of my own :rolleyes::lol:

I think you should continue to be friendly....he's probably very very shy and maybe particularly so around young ladies :) - note I gave you the benefit of 'young' then :):whistle: I spose........ :devil:

I practically had to trick my hubby into speaking to me and then asking me out....trust me he's glad now - honest! :)

But seriously....keep up with the trying, I'm sure he will converse etc at some point :thumbs:

HELP!!!!

I'm really not feeling myself at the moment :tearful: so definately abondoned any hope of doing something with Mr Possible Aspie. I had a bit of an 'episode' yesterday evening at dinner after being shouted at and to anyone who has any knowledge of ASDs, it would have been clear that that was the behaviour I was exhibiting - let's just say the salt and pepper pots haven't been so neatly tidied up in a long time :whistle: - and I caught Mr Possible watching me :unsure:

Anyhow, just been to dinner, sat myself in the corner by myself - there were only 5 students in when I went in - place seats around 400 so lots and lots of empty tables. Mr Possible comes in, gets the same slightly weird food combination as me, and sits down next to me :unsure: :unsure: He doesn't say anything (although he did laugh when someone knocked the bin over and I jumped quite high :() and we sat right next to each other (with lots of empty tables) and ate in silence then he got up and left. Weird?? I didn't say anything - I wasn't really feeling up for company/talking and wouldn't know what to say even if I was.

What do I do now? I feel a bit uncomfortable about how things are now. :(

Guest Lya of the Nox

hunny he chose to sit next to you

he feels there is some sort of connection

if you cant verbalise try and make some wrinkles and smile??

x

I agree with Pearl.

Try not to worry about it and see what happens at dinner tomorrow, don't feel obliged to make the first move or say anything, he obviously felt very comfortable sat next to you.

Clare x x x

If he has spotted someone on the same wavelength as himself then your silence probs wouldnt bother him. Remember, he was silent too!

That's a good point :)

Ditto tonight - sat next to me in silence (in front of my nicely arranged pepper pots!! :lol:)

Mumble, I cant wait for the next instalment.

I'm afraid to say it may be ditto, ditto, ditto, for many evenings to come :D I don't think he's going to say/do anything, and I'm too scared :rolleyes:

I dont mind that, its a start.

I can already imagine the excitement from all of us when we hear what his first words are.

nic

thats such a good sign that he sat next to you mumble,loads of empty seats and he sits next to YOU.take no notice of the fact he didnt speak to you,his actions say hes noticed you,actions speak louder than words

i reckon tomorrow you should say something like can you pass the salt/pepper please? i know its a big thing to do but once you say it you might find it easy to strike up a chat, i cant wait for tomorrows installment,i dont care if nothing happens for weeks,i like the build up to it al,keep me posted!!! love hev

Hi mumble I think its great!! You've hopefully found someone who accepts you for who you are by the sound of things.I'll be eagerly awaiting his first words too hope all goes well Dee XX

i reckon tomorrow you should say something like can you pass the salt/pepper please?

Brilliant idea! Just make sure they're out of your reach before you sit down.. :rolleyes:

K x

Brilliant idea! Just make sure they're out of your reach before you sit down.. :rolleyes:

Aha - the missing link!!! I was thinking, well I've lined them up so beautifully (the question would have to be "which pepper"!!! :lol:) on the table, that would seem a silly request. I'll get there super early tonight and realign them further down the table :lol: Or maybe I'll wait to the weekend to do that actually - he goes home every weekend so wouldn't notice my antics :rolleyes:

I think it's really nice that you've connected and if you can sit together in companionable silence then there might not be any need for words at the moment. I know Jay is quite happy to sit with people and just not talk, he doesn't know what to say and is happier just 'being' with people sometimes. If you were to go into the canteen a bit later one day and you were to see him sitting alone, then maybe you could make a point of going and sitting with him. Actions speak louder than words sometimes. Have fun with it. :D>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Ditto :lol: (expect many more dittos - this story isn't going to be as fast-paced as EastEnders!! :lol:). However, he clearly trusts me as today before getting his dinner he came and put his bag by the chair next to me and left it there whilst he got his grub. I could have easily nicked all his stuff if I'd wanted to (don't worry I don't want to and didn't :rolleyes:)

Slightly annoyed though - some 'helpful' dinner lady has repositioned all the salt and pepper pots so my nice row has gone :(

I love it, he is now saving his seat beside you to let you know he is going to sit there.

you now have an official canteen buddy!

go mumble.

nic

Great......I love it, first post I look for now when I log onto the forum.

Shame he goes home at the weekends, wonder if he stays for supper on fridays !!!!

Keep us posted Mumble.

Clare x x x

Well, are you starting to feel like a small creature starring in a David Attenborough extravaganza then?

It sounds as if you are doing very well, if he's choosing your company, even in silence, then that's great.

As others have said, he obviously feels comfortable with you, and doesn't want noise and chit-chat, seems good.

hunny he chose to sit next to you

he feels there is some sort of connection

if you cant verbalise try and make some wrinkles and smile??

x

If he has spotted someone on the same wavelength as himself then your silence probs wouldnt bother him. Remember, he was silent too!

What they said! :clap::clap:

Sounds really good hun - think you could manage a 'Bye' when you, or he is leaving? That way you won't have to have a conversation throughout your meal.

:D

Aw Mumble don't get disheartened >:D<<'> He may have studies to get finished? Do you have half term in Uni ? Could he have gone home early for a break do you think?

I'm sure he'll be back :D

Hi mumble, just found these new revelations with canteen man :thumbs: .I think to seek you out and sit beside you , even though the canteen has many empty seats is a very brave and bold thing for him to do.(NT OR asd)...........try not to worry too much about how things will develop, just a smile, thumbs or a wave will be a nice start.best of luck suzex :thumbs:

BIG Development!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :D

My sister came back to halls with me this evening and we went to dinner together. We were a little later than I usually go so possibly AS guy was already there, so I went and sat next to him with my sister opposite me. I was feeling a bit stressed/stroppy about my meeting tomorrow so was talking it through and general stuff about people not accepting anything other than the drunk/stay out late version of being a student and various other things about social skills, things I find difficult, autism-research centre at Cambridge, appalling university 'support' etc. etc. and on that final point, he suddenly just joined in with the conversation! :thumbs: :thumbs: and my sister picked up on things and helped us have a conversation :notworthy: :notworthy:

I really hope I can continue it myself. Unfortunately I'm on late suppers for the next 3 days as I have evening lectures/seminars so won't be able to try till Thursday.

Afterwards my sis said to me, well, he seems weird like you, you could make a friend there :D

Wow, fantastic! :dance::thumbs:

Maybe when you see him next it'll be easier to say "hello" now you've actually had a conversation.

Good luck!

K x