Sign in to follow this  
baddad

safe online filesharing for PDF?

Hiya -

I've got a PDF file I want to share on the internet, but i don't want to go to the trouble of setting up my own webspace or anything like that...

Does anyone know of a SAFE & FREE document upload & storage facility that 'takes' PDF? Something like photobucket but for files?

I've checked out googledoc, which would have been fine except it doesn't take PDF (although stoopid or what, you can save & convert files from there as PDF! And before anyone asks - I can't upload as Word and convert online as I don't use word i use OO and OO doesn't always keep formatting when you convert it to word! :wacko: )

Basically what i'm looking for is a safe place to put a pdf doc where others can read/download it without it creating a load of spam (or worse) for me or them, that doesn't involve file sharing and that costs nix... you'd think in this day and age it would be a piece of cake, wouldn't you? :angry:

Any ideas?

L&P

BD :D

What are benefits of using something like this rather than just attaching the document to emails to send to peeps? I assume the files wouldn't come up in a normal internet search? :unsure:

I'm not sure what BD has in mind but they can easily be shared with a whole internet community in this way the same as photos can be shared via photobucket.

I'm involved with an educational forum and someone may have produced a worksheet, poster or some other kind of file they wish to share, its far easier to just post a link to an online file than to email it to everyone who wants to look at it especially with a large community base.

summer x

Hi summertime/all -

yep, seems to work fine... could have made accessing a little bit easier, but I suppose for a freebie... (or maybe i'm doing it wrong? i was hoping to just have a url that opened the file straight away, with a download option rather than having to enter a code etc?)

Mumble - what summertime said :)

Just an easier way of sharing files online, as you don't have to e-mail every recipient - you just post the link in (i.e.) a forum and anyone who's interested can click on it. Same as photobucket (or any photohosting prog), but with files instead of pics or videos...

Thanks for the link summertime, and the endorsement smiley... :thumbs::notworthy:

L&P

BD :D