Sign in to follow this  
soraya

anxiety

Has anyone used a medication for anxiety that works, my son Nick is on setraline, but it dosent seem to be doing anything. We have tried respiridol, but it made him like a zombie and he put on 2 stone. He was on ritalin years ago but it made him worse. Any advice would be great :unsure::unsure:

I know a couple of young people that are on fluxotine (prozac)

I take it myself for OCD and it really has helped my anxieties. My son tried respiridol and it affected him in a similar way, hated it and stopped it at the first opportunity.

Is it possible to discover why he is anxious - then address cause

Hi Soraya,

My son is 11 and was prescribed Prozac just over a year ago for anxiety as part of OCB and Tourettes. He is still very over anxious a lot of the time but i have noticed that if we have stopped giving it to him, like on holiday, he becomes worse, his volume increases and he verbalises every thought he has, which I admit I had forgotten about until he started doing it again. He has no side effects from it and is quite happy to take it, calls it his worry medicine. He won't entertain any of the medications that might relieve his tics because he feels that that is part of who he is.

Stella xx

Is it possible to discover why he is anxious - then address cause

Nick is anxious about everything, school, home, the dog, his friends!! He just says he gets "funny feelings" and has to run away. In the past he has run from school, home, scouts, football match, if anyting upsets him he runs!! L have tried to get him to think before he runs off but he says his "feelings" are to strong and he cant. He is meant to be going for some CBT, but he just runs out of the therapists room. :wallbash::wallbash:

Nick is anxious about everything, school, home, the dog, his friends!! He just says he gets "funny feelings" and has to run away. In the past he has run from school, home, scouts, football match, if anyting upsets him he runs!! L have tried to get him to think before he runs off but he says his "feelings" are to strong and he cant. He is meant to be going for some CBT, but he just runs out of the therapists room. :wallbash::wallbash:

In our area some of the therapists that work for Camhs will see clients in places where the client feels more comfortable if the client won't or can't manage the clinic setting.You could see if they could see Nick elsewhere if it might help. >:D<<'> Karen.