Sign in to follow this  
loulou

Read this in the paper

that just made me feel sick and that was after 1st little bit :sick:

how anyone could do that is just awful, disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kellyanne

I couldn't read it all either - made me feel sick and disgusted. I can't believe that is still happening, or that parents allow it to happen and condone it :sick:

Yes of course I am also sick and disgusted but not surprised. In America they want to 'cure' autism or 'Defeat Autism Now' they see it as something that needs wiping out and they are not alone. In Canada their government see autism as a plague - needs I say more.

The thing is we simply HAVE to read past the first paragraph because it is coming our way to. We already have 'Autism Speaks' here which is probably the biggest group now in the States and who scare me rigid. The BIGGEST Issue we have here is that so many of our children are being forced through an educational system which is leaving them so screwed up they to will be considered a threat to society - something wicked this way comes - unless we do read on and do something to stop it.

Cat

It's been news on the Aspies For Freedom website since June 2006, they've still got an active thread running about it.

Edited by Bard

OMG, I don't think I could attempt reading it, :tearful: by reading all your posts says it all. !! :wallbash:

Sweetheart, I know what you mean, but if you are going to fight evil, you have to be able to face it.

You need to find out and know and name what is happening in order to make any attacks effective.

By making it news in a national broadsheet the issue is no longer marginalised.

Sweetheart, I know what you mean, but if you are going to fight evil, you have to be able to face it.

You need to find out and know and name what is happening in order to make any attacks effective.

By making it news in a national broadsheet the issue is no longer marginalised.

:clap::clap::clap:

Well said Bard we really do need to wake up and smell the coffee here. OK we all have our individual battles but there is a much bigger issue growing ever bigger on a daily basis. This is not someone elses problem it is ours and we need to start fighting this before it arrives on our own doorstep. The new mental health bill is only the begining.

Cat

How awful. :tearful:

I read over half and gave up. They need to get with the times - 3/4 of way down they are pro counselling and meds but not at this organisation.

I can't believe this torture goes on as young as 9. Boy I would like to wire them up and give them a few hundred zaps.

They even do it for mild misdemeanors as yelling or cursing.

Rotten sods!!! In total disbelief.

:unsure:

And without even clicking the link, just the thread title and reading the responses, I know this has something to do with the Judge Rottenberg Center.

I have known about this shocking institution for many years. People used to talk about it at my residential school.

It's the sort of crazy institution the yanks would come up with. The US is very nasty when it comes to psychiatric hospitals and prisons compared with Europe.

That is horrendous :-( They talked briefly about this place and how barbaric it was at my uni residential weekend but I didn't know too much about it. Its terrifying that its seen as acceptable by so many.

Lynne x

It is absolutely despicable, there is no excuse for it :angry: .

it just proves what a barbaric country the Useless States of America really is, and they have the hypocrosey to complain about China and Iran's human rights records. Where is Amnesty International with this,why aren't they shouting at the Americans in the UN about it?I hope Britain isn't getting any ideas from this.

cant help wondering if the bloke is a sadist, how can anyone do that? institution run by a bunch of sadists by the sound of. if anyone did that to one of my kids they would have to sleep with their eyes open fer rest of their days. evil *******. and the parents arent much better for allowing them to do it.

If the place gets closed down, then the parents of those who are allowing their offspring into the place will just find something else equally as nasty. Really in this case the parents should be dealt with at exactly the same time the place is shut down. What scares me is this whole thing might also be happening underground.

disgusting how can "parents" send their kids to this hell hole-would love to stick electrodes on the parents in certain places to ensure that they do not breed again child abuse thats what it is.

:crying: :crying: :angry: :angry: Ah yes only in America could they get away with this legally

Electric shock machines for disciplining people are illegal in the UK under the 1968 firearms act. There was talk about using them at my residential school on some really bad kids if the government allowed it.

Oh gosh! I read it to the best I could and I was in tears! I shown it to mum and she said thats horrible, people like you dont need that in life to help!!

It was then it hit me! Its people like me, who are there and are getting that because there Ausitisic or other! How disgusting! I am soooo angry and upset!

Shocked and disgusted! very very sad that this sort of place is in existance.. even more shocked that there is a parent in this world that would think this place was ok for a rabid dog let alone a CHILD or ADULT!!!!! People who have committed terrible crimes would never be treated like this, so why oh why would anyone subject a person with any kind of difficulty to this torture :crying::wallbash::crying:

Hi,

It is a shocking story, and all the more painful if we remember that not so very long ago people with learning disabilities in this country were treated just as cruelly. Thank heavens we and our children are here and now.