Sign in to follow this  
fruit cake

have you seen change

my son has been on ritalin for three weeks now and the school said they have seen a change in him but to be honest i have not seen any change at all.he still talks fast still dont sit still for a miniute and dont know when to give over. he is doing my head in can anyone let me know if they know if you have any advice for me :wallbash::wallbash:

Hi Fruit Cake.I Do not know the answer to your question but noticed that you are new here so welcome to the Forum.

I am sure somone will be along soon that can offer advice.Karen.

Hi Fruit Cake >:D<<'>

My son started off on Ritalin, only had him on it for a few days, didn't like the dramatic effect it had on him & how fast it took! So we took him off it as he was very withdrawn & not at all like the Hayden we all know & love. He was on Strattera for seven weeks, calmed the ADHD but brought out his Autism a lot more (the paed said this could happen) anyway to cut a long story short the paed has upped his dose, we haven't tried him on the higer does yet as the CAMHS team want to see how he without for a while so they can properly asses him as regards to the Conners Score sheet myself & the school are currently filling in & sending back to them.

Sorry i couldn't offer any solid advice to you, just letting you know my experience RE meds

Edited by Caroline-

Treating ADHD with medication often tends to make the person seem "more autistic," because ADHD can mask the extent of the autistic traits.

Fruit Cake, I'm afraid I don't know how quickly Ritalin normally starts to work, but there are still other options like a higher dose or a different medication.