di30

Ist Nov

Wow, its the 1st of Nov already. :tearful:

Have many birthdays to cater for this month............just before xmas too :rolleyes: , my older son Jamie will be 19 on the 15th of this month, a mate of mine is on the 10th, have a further 5 in the family with birthdays this month too. :wacko:

Didn't October fly by ?

And I hate these early dark nights too...........don't mean to sound depressing but they always make me feel so down :crying: , but we got to get through it haven't we ? :unsure:

Now must start seriously think about starting my xmas shopping too. :rolleyes:

Di xxx

I don't mind the dark evenings in the weeks leading up to Christmas, it's in January and February that they feel dreary.

I hope you manage to get all the birthday presents sorted out - we have a similar month full of family birthdays - in December, so I sympathise!

K x

I feel the same, October just flew by in a blur. I was 50, my niece 21 (on the same day!) and my nephew 18.. At the same time we had the stage 3 complaint with social services to deal with.

Im off to New York in a few weeks (doesnt that sound posh), its my families birthday pressie to me. Mind you, I will have to organise food, clothes etc for hubby, son and dog for 5 days. By the time Ive done all of that I will need a holiday.

I don't mind the dark evenings in the weeks leading up to Christmas, it's in January and February that they feel dreary.

January, February and March. It's the longest and most boring time of the year! To avoid depression I try to start something new in January such as a hobby or volunteer work.

Curra

I'm going to be sickeningly cheerful here. I like seasons. I like drawing the curtains & lighting candles on dark nights. I like winter cooking. I like sunny cold days. I like it when everyone else's screaming kids can't stop out til 10 at night like they do in summer. I like winter clothes, lovely coats & boots.

Yes I like summer too, but not as much. I dont cope well in heat. And I dont do sunbathing. My ideal holiday is somewhere like Austria in the snow, with just the "apres" bit of ski, mulled wine & log fire.

I'm going to be sickeningly cheerful here. I like seasons. I like drawing the curtains & lighting candles on dark nights. I like winter cooking. I like sunny cold days. I like it when everyone else's screaming kids can't stop out til 10 at night like they do in summer. I like winter clothes, lovely coats & boots.

Clearly an old witch like me too, Pearl. I love the dark evenings - I'm not a vampire of anything but I really don't do bright sunlight - the dark is far more stabalising and comfortable to me, plus, as Pearl says, there are less people out making noise. :)

I have done a lot of shopping in the last few days so I feel pretty calm! I am normally all last minute, but decided to try and get it done early!

Have wrapped and noted down what I have purchased and will wrap as I buy, easier and less stressful than mass wrapping, for Adults, I simply wrap each gift (depending on size) in plain coloured tissue paper and then pop it in a gift bag. Cards will done in next two weeks!

Childrens Christmas Day outfits and mine too are ironed and in covers hanging up already! :thumbs:

Hope to do final stuff by end of November, then only food to worry about a few days before the big day!

OH birthday end of November, I haven't a clue what to buy! :rolleyes:

I tried to do some Christmas shopping yesterday, but only ended up with things for myself :oops:

The shops were already really busy! I need to get it sorted soon so I don't end up doing it in December.

I tried to do some Christmas shopping yesterday, but only ended up with things for myself :oops:

That sounds highly productive to me!! :thumbs::clap::lol:

It wasn't entirely wasted I suppose! I found some gift vouchers we were given as a wedding present, so spent �40 all on myself :)

I bought a cake-cooling rack, a muffin tin, a Pyrex dish and a special tiny pan for frying eggs! And an autobiography of Adam Ant, and some lacy knickers (sorry, no photo!).

Edited by Tally

I have done a lot of shopping in the last few days so I feel pretty calm! I am normally all last minute, but decided to try and get it done early!

Have wrapped and noted down what I have purchased and will wrap as I buy, easier and less stressful than mass wrapping, for Adults, I simply wrap each gift (depending on size) in plain coloured tissue paper and then pop it in a gift bag. Cards will done in next two weeks!

Childrens Christmas Day outfits and mine too are ironed and in covers hanging up already! :thumbs:

Hope to do final stuff by end of November, then only food to worry about a few days before the big day!

OH birthday end of November, I haven't a clue what to buy! :rolleyes:

Blimey Lisa, I'm really depressed now. I have stuff piled at the back of a cupboard & forget about it & end up buying twice! You should go into business as a life coach, I'd be first in the queue!

It wasn't entirely wasted I suppose! I found some gift vouchers we were given as a wedding present, so spent �40 all on myself :)

I bought a cake-cooling rack, a muffin tin, a Pyrex dish and a special tiny pan for frying eggs! And an autobiography of Adam Ant, and some lacy knickers (sorry, no photo!).

Oh that is soooo sweet :wub:

Sorry but I'm definitly a 'sun' girl. I find I always feel much more tired when its cold and dark!!!!

I can't believe we are talking about xmas shopping already, it feels like we only had it a couple of months ago! I promised myself I would be more organized this year as my youngests birthday is on 24 December!!!!

The problem is I always want to make sure thats sorted first and then start on Christmas - but with no days inbetween it doesn't work that way, only well, organisation will have to a priority :wacko:

Which is why there are probably so many birthdays in November! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Never worked for me I'm afraid. :rolleyes: My instincts on cold dark evenings are to cuddle up under a thick duvet with my fleecy pyjamas on and with a hot water bottle and horlicks to keep me company. :unsure:

Whereas in summer...

My children were born in March and June respectively. :lol:

k x