643 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you based?

• England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Europe (non UK)
    • Other

Hello Sarah and Welcome >:D<<'>

I have a son whos 6 and has been diagnosed with Aspergers.

It is one hell of a shock, but this place definately helps :thumbs:

Mary xx

Hi Sarah and welcome

My son was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago - I really wish this forum has been here for me then. Take your time - it is a shock to get a diagnosis, and you have to pace yourself.

Use the Jargon Buster (top tight of the screen) for those pesky abbreviations.

Elanor

Thanks Elanor and Mary

Already in the jargon buster, it is like another language.

It has been a hard week for me taking things on board and so on, and I am just so grateful to have found this forum! Hubby is away at the moment, and you know what it is like, friends and family are great, but they really don't understand. If my lovely mother says 'he will grow out of it' one more time I am going to scream!

Thanks for being here, at this time, because I cannot explain how much of a relief it is just to know someone has reached out!

Regards

Sarah

Greetings. I am new to this board and decided to make an introduction before posting.

I am 18 years old, female, and I have a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome and OCD (made in 2001). I live with my parents in Scotland, and I'm at University.

Good morning everyone :P

My name's Samantha and I am mum to Kayleigh age 16 and Isaac age 8.

Isaac has Tourette's Syndrome, OCD, ADHD (although I am not too sure about that) and his doc recently dropped into the conversation "Oh that'll be his Aspergers!!" Hmmmm!!! She'd already said he was Autistic spectrum so it was no great shock I guess.

I have a feeling I may have signed up on here before but my old PC died and I lost everything. Anyway, I'm here now :lol:

Hope to learn some new stuff and try and stay sane :thumbs:

Sam x

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if I did that right. I wanted to reply to the new members thread but it kept quoting the previous person. I'm David, I'm 33 and am pretty sure I have Asperger's. I have been diagnosed in the past with first 'social problems' then depression then OCD, but AS would explain evertything. So I've come here to hopefully share some stories and experiences with other members.

Have other members here got it or is it just people's children?

Hi David,

Welcome >:D<<'>

This forum is not just for people with children, there are lots of great people on here willing to share

advice and experiences, I'm sure you will love it here.

Brook :)

Thanks for the swift replies, nice to know there's others out there! I have 2 children myself but they're only 3 and 1! The oldest, Dylan, is worryingly like me in a lot of respects but I'm not too concerned just yet.

Do you think my username is too long - seems to be the longest here!

David :)

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it useful. You will find lots of information and support here from people who understand.

Your user name is just great! :thumbs:

Nellie xx

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum. It is a brilliant forum. I have two sons with ASD. My eldest is also called David and his user name (although not on this forum) is 'theonlynamethatwasnottaken' :lol:

Carole

Hi David and welcome, were very much a mixed bag on here, parents of ASD kids, parents with ASD who also have ASDkids, husbands, wives and partners of people with ASD ..the lot I think :lol:

Hi David

Welcome to the forum.There are all sorts of people affected by A.S. on here.Take your time to browse through.It is a very welcoming and supportive forum with a wealth of knowledge.

Like you I too have ocd and also mild aspergers.My daughter had autistic encephalitus after an mmr vaccination but fortunately made a full recovery.

I have only just realised I have A.S. well in the last six months so am still learning new things all the time.take care :):)

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum ... I love the user name ... sounds very mysterious :ph34r:

Enjoy your new friends and when you're feeling down come here, when your feeling happy come here. That's what we're here for :thumbs:

Daisy

Hi David and welcome to the family.

My son (6yrs old) was recently dx with HFA and had it not been for the great guys here and thier support & advise, I doubt I'd be where I am today.

Everyone here is great!!

Hi everyone,

Terry is the name, raising awareness is my game!

I'm the husband of Carole, but the quieter of the 2. I'm the one who gets the mundane tasks, such as hob nobbing it with the powers that be in the corridoors of power (parliament), or travelling 2000 miles around the country to collect signatures (to be honest I'll do anything to get out of doing the dishes :lol: ). I also get invited to meetings with the local SHA, where I attempt to bring a touch of reality to the minds of those attempting to improve services for us (not always an easy task).

Despite getting my BA about 5 years ago, I decided to become a full time carer, hence the reason I am able to travel to meetings etc. This wasn't an easy decision, but neither was it an easy decision to home educate not one, but 2 kids on the spectrum (Matthew and David), in fact at times it can be a right pain in the :oops: I meant neck.

When I get the chance, I also like to seek out ASD groups from around the world to see what is happening internationally. I am already a member of groups from the USA, the Phillipeans (have I spelt that right?) and Singapore, although some of them are very quiet, it is still interesting to see what is happening elsewhere.

I'm sure I'll get to know you all a bit better now that Carole has allowed me to get the use of the PC (now she may have to struggle to get me off it ;) ). In the meantime, all the best for the coming festive season, be true to your wishes and hope your wishes come true.

Cheers,

TEMARU

Hi Terry,

Welcome >:D<<'>

Does this mean Carole can no longer share all the juicy gossip about you?

Only joking, no fights before christmas please. :P:lol:

Brook

Hello,

My name is Ben. I am 12 years old. I have been diagnosed with Aspergers. I have two sisters, one is 16 & the other nearly 15.

I am very interested in this website since my mum showed me.

It will be great to talk to other kids and adults and get to know everyone.

Hello Ben and welcome to the site.

I am Jill, mum to The Boy who is 4 in January and was diagnosed as mid spectrum autistic in September this year.

I look forward to reading your posts.