TheNeil

One Is Pleased To Announce...

...Miss Emily Badonkadonk and Mr Neil TheNeil are officially engaged to be married :wub:

Yes it's true, I asked Emily and she said yes (making me the happiest person in the world >:D<<'> ). I then asked Emily's dad but he pointed out that I was already engaged to Emily and that he wouldn't marry me (he later admitted that he thought I was going to ask how to wire a plug or something when I phoned him up)(the cheeky <insert rude word here> - like I wouldn't know how to wire a plug :shame: )

I shall now open the bidding as to who wants to attend. Shall we start at �50 per seat... :devil:

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm at work & I want to tell everyone ... but they wouldnt have a clue what I'm talking about... :lol:

:wub::wub: Soooooo pleased & happy for you both!

:groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's ###### fantastic news Neil. :) I am SO pleased for you and Emily :thumbs:

There's hope for us Aspies yet, then? :lol::P

Hearty Congrats dudes!

Boho :dance:

I think you should have all the Lipstick Aspies as bridesmaids :devil::devil:

Edited by bid

Ooh, how exciting! Congratulations! :bounce:

As well as the real wedding, you will have to have a forum wedding.

Edited by Tally

I take it we're all invited? :devil:;)

I reckon we should all turn up and claim aspie-misunderstanding that it wasn't an open invitation!!! :devil::whistle::devil:

:balloon::balloon::balloon::clap::clap::groupwave::clap::clap::balloon::balloon::balloon:

CONGRATULATIONS - NEIL & EMILY,

THATS SUCH WONDERFUL & EXCITING NEWS, I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH, ITS ALL JUST SOOOO ROMANTIC :wub::wub::wub:

WIH VERY BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE

CLARE X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Thanks for all the congratulations and well wishes :thumbs:

Wish I could have replied to this thread a bit sooner but I've been non-stop at work. It also explains why I've gone from sometimes around on the board to virtually disappeared, but I wouldn't change things, I finally have a full-time job up here and it's great.

I have something else that's great as well and that is my lovely hubby-to-be :lol: God that seems so strange to write that, I can't think of Neil as my husband just yet!!!

Sorry to disappoint some of you but we've decided on a long engagement, on the basis that we feel (and have felt pretty much from the get go) that we are more to each other than just boyfriend and girlfriend, but we also feel that it's not right to get married any time soon. We've only been together seven months still and while it feels absolutely right to get engaged and make that extra commitment, I wouldn't go shopping for hats for another couple of years if I were you :D

Besides which my big bro only got married at the end of March this year, my dad would kill me if he had to pay money towards another wedding :lol::shame:

Still we're back off down to Birminghamshire (as Neil insists on calling it) this weekend to visit the fantastic Jewellery Quarter to go shopping for a ring :clap::dance:

Oooooh I'm so excited! Though I'm dragging my mum with us (dragging, yeah right) so that we two Aspies don't get suckered in and ripped off, given our somewhat gullible nature :)

It's been a pretty interesting year this year. It started out pretty pants what with my previous relationship heading slowly downwards, me dreading doing my reading at my brother's wedding and being fed up about my health and the doctor's not being bothered about me.

But 11 months later and I'm totally, utterly, head over in heels in love with the most amazing man I've ever ever met (and never ever expected to meet). I'm living in Herrrrrgate, away from my folks, established in a proper routine for the first time in my entire life. I've sorted out (kinda) my health and while it's not 100% at least the tablets I'm on are allowing me to work full-time and have a life for once. I have a full-time job now and it's only just a rubbish wage as well (thought I would be lucky if someone offered to pay me at all!!!), not bad going for someone who hadn't worked since Feb 06 due to being poorly. And to top it all off the man I love wants to marry me :wub:

Don't get me wrong, I never considered myself one of the hard done by people in the world. I've have a tendency to have bad luck but it's not all been bad. But for the first time in an awfully long time it seems like the cloud is finally beginning to lift, things are working for me for once and it feels overwhelmingly good.

I'm not being a show off, rather I just want to make it clear that no matter what your situation is things can change, things can and will happen and eventually it will get better. I've been fighting for things to get better since I was about 13 so sometimes it might take a while, but eventually it will happen :D

Right off to get changed, we're going out for a meal to celebrate :wub:

Emily

xxx

I just want to make it clear that no matter what your situation is things can change, things can and will happen and eventually it will get better. I've been fighting for things to get better since I was about 13 so sometimes it might take a while, but eventually it will happen :D

Oh, you are absolutely right. Everything falls into place eventually. I never thought it would, but it did for me too - not finding myself a man I mean, that would be nothing short of a miracle! But the rest of it. And there's nothing wrong with a minimum wage job. It's better than a poke in the eye!

no matter what your situation is things can change

You're volunteering to come and do my presentation for me :thumbs: :thumbs: Fantastic :rolleyes::lol:

I'm so, so, pleased for you Emily - make sure you choose a MASSIVE "will drown you if you go swimming" ring or alternatively one that's just a little too tight and won't come off, and you "can't possibly do the washing up with it on because it might get damaged . . . :whistle:"

Now I reckon with a few years of plannin' time, 'us lot here' could come up with a great wedding plan for the two of you . . . :whistle: I saw a company in Scotland offerring services whilst free-falling out of a plane. Interested? :devil: It would be interesting to see how you incorporate the GPs as ring-bearers into that service :o:lol:

Fabulous news, i would like to add my congratulations to the many well wishers you both have, i hope you are both very happy and continue to be for your new life together.

Nicola x

I have been smiling all day at your news.

Gives me hope there may be a soulmate for JP out there.

Enjoy married life, when you get round to it ... the first 30 years are the hardest! :lol:

It would be interesting to see how you incorporate the GPs as ring-bearers into that service :o:lol:

In 'The Magician's nephew' by CS Lewis, there is a lovely illustration of a guinea pig as ring bearer.

You could make them little cushions to ride on, and the lipstick Aspies could be cushion carriers.

Otherwise, if they're anything like my two piggies, it could take a while for them to get to the altar.

Especially with any interesting vegetation and flowers and stuff in the way. :eat:

Seriously, congratulations!

Oh that is the best news I've heard this week!

CONGRATULATIONS to you both.

How have the GP's taken the news of a stepmummy? :lol:

A x

But 11 months later and I'm totally, utterly, head over in heels in love with the most amazing man I've ever ever met

Have you met someone else then? :huh: (:devil:)

And as for the GPs. They're not overly bothered (the news didn't include broccoli so they didn't really show much interest) but they have both been assigned roles in the next couple of years and it will involve (yet more) guinea hats

As Emily said though, she's started a new job which has kept her off the forum and I've started a new job which has kept me off the forum too :( . Rest assured though, we're still confusing, baffling and disturbing people as per usual...only now we get to do it to people's faces. Bwuhahahahahaha :devil: