pearl

Chocolate Biofuel!

I'm here - I'm never far away when choccy's mentioned :eat::lol:

I saw the thing about waste choccy earlier in the week - I didn't understand it . . .

The trouble is it goes to landfill with all the other rubbish - so we'd have to pick it out from the fish heads and other such stuff that ends up there :sick:

Well, really, you haven't got your thinking heads on.

No landfill, landfill BAD!

We offer them recycling bins, especially for chocolate. We will organise a collection service.

I've got the SE, Pearl does the NW, Mumble covers London...Where do you live Clare63?

Where's Bard? Running the taxi service for G and her friend. They went to Chichester with the Theatre Studies lot to see another play. Now I'm trying to plan an exciting lesson about playscripts and stage directions, but I just can't resist dipping here to read what you lot are going on about.

OH is in bed with Man flu, and thanks to B's homework, I now know how to plot bearings and make a bookstand.

My life is just an exciting, never-ending thrillride!

:notworthy: Genius idea, Bard.

Back to the biofuel thingy - if you fill your petrol tank up with chocolate, will the exhaust fumes smell all chocolatey-ey? That would be sheer torture!

ooooo yes count me in, trouble is I am in SE too but Surrey.... so we get lots of expensive chocolate waste here ..... :eat::eat::eat:

Clare x x x

Back to the biofuel thingy - if you fill your petrol tank up with chocolate, will the exhaust fumes smell all chocolatey-ey? That would be sheer torture!

Well there was a similar thing where someone ran their van on waste chip-pan oil and their exhaust fumes smelt of chip shops, so probably!!! :lol:

Put me down for the Welsh branch! Throwing away chocolate! Isn't that against the laws of nature :shame:

Hummm, having read the report I'm hatching a plan involving clipboard, white coat and diversion sign....if anyone wants me I'll be in Preston! :ph34r:

A x

Edited by aro

Lots of supermarkets dump their unsold Easter eggs the day after Easter Sunday. It's something to do with the value of the shelf space is worth more than the value of the Easter eggs. Strange really that expensive shelf space is filled with Easter eggs as early as January but the supermarkets won't even offer them at reduced price for a few more days after Easter Sunday. Even the staff aren't allowed to have the Easter eggs because the managers demand that they destroy them. Some supermarket staff got sacked a few years ago for showing a video on YouTube of the destruction of unsold Easter eggs complete with chocolate bars and toys.

Lots of supermarkets dump their unsold Easter eggs the day after Easter Sunday. It's something to do with the value of the shelf space is worth more than the value of the Easter eggs. Strange really that expensive shelf space is filled with Easter eggs as early as January but the supermarkets won't even offer them at reduced price for a few more days after Easter Sunday. Even the staff aren't allowed to have the Easter eggs because the managers demand that they destroy them. Some supermarket staff got sacked a few years ago for showing a video on YouTube of the destruction of unsold Easter eggs complete with chocolate bars and toys.

:o That explains it, dh and I always used to go in after Easter and buy eggs for each other in the sale. The last few years the shelves have been empty! We thought they had sold out!!!

I can't believe how wasteful that is! Why don't they at least donate then to childrens homes/ hospitals etc :shame:

Actually, that makes me very angry :angry:

A x

This is what I should have told the careers woman at school, "I want to be a Chocolate Archaeologist", shall just have to pursue it alone.

Perry chie

Well there was a similar thing where someone ran their van on waste chip-pan oil and their exhaust fumes smelt of chip shops, so probably!!! :lol:

JP's ESW runs his car on chip fat - I thought JP was having me on til I checked with him. He also catches mice using humane mice traps & chocolate. He's a saint.

This is what I should have told the careers woman at school, "I want to be a Chocolate Archaeologist", shall just have to pursue it alone.

Perry chie

Ooooooh ..... Tony Robinson..... a trench full of chocolate....... :dance::dance::dance:

When I was a kid, you used to be able to go into the sweet shop and buy a quarter of 'bits'. They were all the broken up bits of your fav. bars of choc and all the misshapen bits. We used to buy them by the scoopful and share them out, they all tasted the same! Ah, them were the days, now they just bury them in holes!!

~ Mel ~

Edited by oxgirl