tmf

I've just got married.....

Well after 11 years togther we have finally got married.....

We kept DS informed everystep of the way and what would be happening on the day itself and the 2 weeks after (he was staying with grandparents while we went on honeymoon).

With normal anxieties being alot to bear, the added worries on how DS would actually cope were playing on my mind. Needless to say my worries were for nothing, he coped so well with the day, in fact he took my nerves away just before going into the church, he turned around and asked ' Mummy are you really sure you want to marry Daddy'? We all fell about laughing and i said to him of course i do because i love daddy...he replied that's ok then because you must love each other if you are going to get married.......don't you just love them! >:D<<'>

He handled us being away really well, i phoned every night (much to hubby's annoyance as we were some what far away) at the time i said i would. The only problem was when we were due to come home, our flight was delayed by 17 hrs and he got angry because we werent home when we said we would be. It took a while, but after explaing that the plane was broke (that was a picture seeing at 1 point 16 men under the wing trying to c what the prob was) and why it was not safe to fly he finally understood.

Anyway, we have just received our pictures back and you should see DS, he looks as proud as punch in them all. I have also had letters and phone calls saying how beautifully behaved both my children were on the day :crying:

He now has pleasure going round telling everybody we have just got married and what my new name is. His school had an exciting week on our return, he was over excited and disrupted a few of the lessons, but his teachers were fab as they knew what had happened and didn't 'discipline' him in the normal way

Well it finally gets me to what i originally came on to ask, how do i change my picture, i can't remember how i did it, and those initials represent my old name, and naturally i would like my new name.

Anyway probably bored you to death with wedding and what an overly proud mother i feel (takes away the feeling when most of the time i feel like the worst)

so just enjoying a rare happy moment and thought i would share with you all!

:wub::dance:>:D<<'>

How lovely, thanks so much for sharing your wedding experience and how wonderfully proud you are of your children, your thread certainly was not boring but a joy to read. We have to make the most of these special moments.

Sorry can't remember how to change picture, but am sure someone will come along who does.

Congratulation

Clare x x x

Congratulations tmf, & well done your lad for coping so well!

To change your pic you go to avatar settings in my controls. I dont know how you change your name though.

That's wonderful, congratulations.

We did the same thing last year after being together 17 years. The only difference was that we told nobody, even the kids as the youngest (ASD) was not happy about any changes and that included us getting married.

Today is our first anniversay so I wish you both many more years together as I'm sure we will have too.

Congratulations, you must be very proud! We got married when ds was 2, it was the week before Christmas and we had a Christmas lunch afterwards. Ds spent the next few years telling everybody not to get married 'cos they made you eat mashed potato!! Blees 'em! Anyway heres to many years of married bliss :wine:

loobylou2

Congratulations! Glad you had a lovely day, and your little fella did too :)

Here's to many more years together :cheers:

Not sure on the policy for changing names, but theoretically it can be done by an administrator. PM one and ask :)

Congratulations tmf - or whoever you are now!

:):groupwave:

Drop Lufty or Kris a pm - I'm sure one of them will be happy to change your identity for you. :)

K x

That's wonderful, congratulations.

We did the same thing last year after being together 17 years. The only difference was that we told nobody, even the kids as the youngest (ASD) was not happy about any changes and that included us getting married.

Today is our first anniversay so I wish you both many more years together as I'm sure we will have too.

Thank you pixie and Happy Anniversary to you! :wine:

Thank you 2 everyone else for your kind words >:D<<'> >:D<<'>