forbsay

M wants the christmas tree up!

Every year, he gets a little more interested/excited. He is now 7.5 years old and wants the tree up now.

I was also telling him that I was speaking to Santa and his eyes just about popped out of his head!

Forbsay

We got ours down from the loft this weekend, but won't put it up yet!

As for santa even though DS is 11........ he is still scared stiff of him mwahaaahaaaaa(evil mummy)

As for santa even though DS is 11........ he is still scared stiff of him mwahaaahaaaaa(evil mummy)

J's hanging on to the idea of Santa by his fingernails. He seems to think he'll get more swag if he believes, but we had a very interesting discussion a few days ago - he was wearing a very challenging look on his face, as though waiting for me to tell him it was us who bought all the presents. We shared a sort of knowing smile and I think there'll be a bit of a competition to see who cracks first.

I want my tree up too. I got a new one in the sales last year - 7ft covered in berries and cones for �20. They had the wrong price on, in addition to 75% sale price. Dont'cha just love days like that?!

Karen

x

I want my tree up too. I got a new one in the sales last year - 7ft covered in berries and cones for �20. They had the wrong price on, in addition to 75% sale price. Dont'cha just love days like that?!

Jammyness rules........ only thing i ever got was a ladder.........

Not that exciting :unsure:

The people in the flat across the road from me have had their tree up for a week already . . . :rolleyes:

The people who live near parents' in Stretford can beat that-they have had theirs up all year-they never even take them down.

it's a little like a mini version of the Blackpool lights display outside their house when they are all switched on.

On subject of trees,had a little one of own for bedroom and every year after getting used to it being out,had a fight over it with dad because didn't want to see it go.

This year,am going to get one of those trees that look like they've got frost on the tips,they look very nice.

Every year, he gets a little more interested/excited. He is now 7.5 years old and wants the tree up now.

I was also telling him that I was speaking to Santa and his eyes just about popped out of his head!

Forbsay

Last year it snowed in November ,we live in Inverness and P got excited because he thought snow mean't Santa was coming. :lol: he's interested a bit more this year,though his birthday comes first and i ask him what he would like for birthday and he repeats what older brother whispers in his ear a DS thingy.I think asking about Christmas wishes is to far ahead for him since its his birthday forst,so i'll ask again later after birthday. :wub:

I don't celebrate xmas (Jewish), but my girlfriend does. She is talking about putting up the tree already! I am determined to delay it until at least the beginning of december and if possible until after Hanukkah has finished :rolleyes:

ooh i love putting the tree up and the bit i hate is taking it down because the room looks bare withour it...i love it in the evening when its all lit up and sparkly :rolleyes:

i dont put it up though until about 12 days before xmas but i have just ordered a christmas hits cd so that me and the kids can get singing for the whole of dec :party::lol::lol:

Ahhh bless the excited wee beasties!

This is our first Xmas with C not believing :tearful: . He spoke to me about it in June, adopting a very serious attitude and the "Now that I'm getting older...." tactic and "Seriously though mum, you know how I hate lies...". He was very mature about it all and seemed to understand the need that adults seem to have to "lie" to NTs and make things magical for them... at least that's what he told me (although not quite in those words).

I made him promise me that he wouldn't tell the twins and spoil the magic for them... and amazingly (considering the fact that he can never keep anything to himself), he's managed so far.

We have a "tree-limit" of the second weekend in December - if I put it up too early, I'm itching to take it down by Xmas eve.

Edited by krystaltps