Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Had the fire brigade out!

Last night Martin set fire to the kitchen :wallbash: I'm not angry with him just despairing. :tearful:

Luckily no one was hurt just a bit of shock but the cooker will need replacing. Thankfully just smoke damage to extractor hood and nearby units which I've managed to clean up with Cillit Bang! :notworthy:

I was out but hubbs was at home so when he discovered the fire he sent all the kids over to the neighbour's house after getting Martin to phone the fire brigade! I'd love to have seen it, 2 fire engines, lots of burly firemen (with big smoke extractor machine) and Martin running up and down the street screaming that he was "the worst kid in the world". :rolleyes:

Ah well, life with autistics, never a dull moment. I guess that's why we get DLA.

Wierd thing is I remember posting not so long ago that I wondered if Martin would be able to live alone without setting fire to the house - guess that answers that concern. :unsure:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> this is just my woory too, my son is always putting things in the toaster and trying to put it on :o thank goodness you all ok

OMG Daisy,

Glad to hear everyone OK, shame about the cooker hope the insurance will pay for a new one and maybe a new kitchen to make up for missing the burly firemen :devil:

Clare x x x