Siadwell

What time is it Eccles?

I didn't laugh. I didn't get it. If you write the time on a piece of paper it will only be correct at the time it is written and every 24 hours subsequent to that. :unsure:

Baddad has a soulmate!

I though from the title that it was a thread he'd started. :lol:

Speak of the :devil: up he pops as if in a Mystery play. Hi BD :clap:

Edited by Bard

One of my favourite bits of goonery... right up there with the 'mirage' house in the desert... :notworthy:

John Cleese often talks about all the 'threads' coming together perfectly in fawlty towers... Spike did it naturally & effortlessly on a good day :)

Thanks Siadwell - Eccles always cheers me up!

L&P

BD :D

I was an Army brat, and BFBS must have the entire output of the Goon Show archived.

They were on the radio every Sunday and Wednesday when I lived in Malta in the '70s. One of the few things that the entire family agreed on!

Goon humour is almost impossible to explain Mumble, I'd just let this one go!

Edited by Bard

Oh just a thought Siadwell...

Do you remember John Spark's 'Siadwell' on Absolutely? Very underrated comedy show - you only ever hear of Morweena Banks from it these days but everyone on it was excellent.

If you can dig up a bit of John sparks doing his brick ventriloquism on the same site you found the goons I for one would appreciate it!

I'm off now to see if absolutely is available on DVD! :lol:

L&P

I didn't laugh. I didn't get it. If you write the time on a piece of paper it will only be correct at the time it is written and every 24 hours subsequent to that. :unsure:

And that is the whole joke - he doesn't realise that the time changes, and we laugh at his stupidity.

I've never found the Goons wildly funny either, although this clip made me smile. :rolleyes:

K x

And that is the whole joke - he doesn't realise that the time changes, and we laugh at his stupidity.

Why would anyone want to laugh at someone not understanding something? :unsure:

Oh just a thought Siadwell...

Do you remember John Spark's 'Siadwell' on Absolutely? Very underrated comedy show - you only ever hear of Morweena Banks from it these days but everyone on it was excellent.

If you can dig up a bit of John sparks doing his brick ventriloquism on the same site you found the goons I for one would appreciate it!

I'm off now to see if absolutely is available on DVD! :lol:

L&P

Remember it? That's where my nickname came from, superb. Couldn't find the brick ventriloquist but there is this Absolutely, and as for the mirage sketch, well that had me crying with laughter, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I was upstairs...

Edited by Siadwell

Remember it? That's where my nickname came from, superb. Couldn't find the brick ventriloquist but there is this Absolutely, and as for the mirage sketch, well that had me crying with laughter, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I was upstairs...

Thanks for that Siadwell... I have been enjoying Gwyneth up the oooover, but will have to revisit as I'm out of time :)

Frank Hovis, it was, what did the Brick Ventriloquism, and he had a wasp in a matchbox :)

Denzil? Why does the ooooooover suck?

Because it have no teeth, Gwyneth

BTW, I still say 'Seen Canary' instead of, and peeps look at me like i'm off my gourd!

L&P

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I just dont get it!