baddad

musical fun :)

Hi all - was browsing a music site when i found a link to a vid of one of my all time fave punk-era tracks (from one of my all time fave punk era albums!)

Given the amount of sterf on U -tube these days, i thought we could all play...

NOWT WITH EXPLICIT LYRICS, OBVIOUSLY......

So this one was one of my fave getting ready to go out songs from when i was but a babe in arms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvcuaJy9OwI

and this one from about a decade later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me8aQA0VlI8...feature=related

L&P

BD :D

:sick:

OMG baddad, you have just plummeted in my opinion. How can you have those boytoys singing a track from the glorious Stones as your first choice?

I can't bear to contemplate what the second track might be? Steps?

ooooooo PJ, good choice! The no explicit lyrics rule is causing problems for me choosing for this :D:oops: But as you mentioned Ms Harvey I shall contribute with this collaboration she did with the gorgeously wonderful singer of Queens of the Stone Age :wub::wub::wub:

:sick:

OMG baddad, you have just plummeted in my opinion. How can you have those boytoys singing a track from the glorious Stones as your first choice?

I can't bear to contemplate what the second track might be? Steps?

DEVO??? BOYTOYS??? You've gotta be kidding! :lol::lol::lol:

Devo were just...... DEVO! A one off

Q: Are we not men?

A: We are DEVO!

Incidentally - a bit of 'triv' - MM (the lead singer) reappeared a decade or so later providing soundtracks for The Rug Rats... Now that's DEVOLUTION...

Strolling Bones? Mah gawd - someone drag this woman into the 21st Century! I've got them AND Devo in my record collection, and Devo certainly see's daylight more than any of the Bones stuff... Whatever next? Status freaking Quo????? (hands on hips, elbows out, let's do it, boys!) :devil:

HA

i was going put that music on....while i did hoovering upstairs -to try and attack the fleas................turned my speakers on and they are not workin.......... :rolleyes: thing its just the leads..............will try later x

DEVO??? BOYTOYS??? You've gotta be kidding! :lol::lol::lol:

Devo were just...... DEVO! A one off

Q: Are we not men?

A: We are DEVO!

Incidentally - a bit of 'triv' - MM (the lead singer) reappeared a decade or so later providing soundtracks for The Rug Rats... Now that's DEVOLUTION...

Strolling Bones? Mah gawd - someone drag this woman into the 21st Century! I've got them AND Devo in my record collection, and Devo certainly see's daylight more than any of the Bones stuff... Whatever next? Status freaking Quo????? (hands on hips, elbows out, let's do it, boys!) :devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't remember Status Quo.

I do remember the Rats, saw them when they were still not famous enough to fill a small theatre. Aren't you a bit young for punk?

You still have a record collection? My daughter and her friends were talking about records the other day, as if they were describing a manticore. Heard of but unsure what they look like or what they did.

I'm still peering worriedly at the 20th Century from the safety of the 14th. I don't like covers, seems like cheating.

p.s. rainbowqueen, you could try hoovering the cat..quick, whilst Tally's asleep.

Edited by Bard

ooooooo PJ, good choice! The no explicit lyrics rule is causing problems for me choosing for this :D:oops: But as you mentioned Ms Harvey I shall contribute with this collaboration she did with the gorgeously wonderful singer of Queens of the Stone Age :wub::wub::wub:

Did enjoy that... BUT:

For my money the best Harvey/QOTSA singer collaborations are all on 'Bubblegum' By Mark Lanegan... That guys voice - somewhere between Tom Waites and Joe Cocker... shiver me timbers!

Couldn't find Harvey/Lanegan, but here's Lanegan Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5KOT9Zh7Q

:)

Did enjoy that... BUT:

For my money the best Harvey/QOTSA singer collaborations are all on 'Bubblegum' By Mark Lanegan... That guys voice - somewhere between Tom Waites and Joe Cocker... shiver me timbers!

Couldn't find Harvey/Lanegan, but here's Lanegan Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ5KOT9Zh7Q

I totally agree, Mark Lanegan is a hero, I saw him sing with the Twilight Singers (Greg Dulli of Afghan Whigs' latest band), what a legend! Have you heard Lanegans version of 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night?' Nirvanas version pales into insignificance!

The Orb! Takes me back to my rave days :thumbs:

Sadly, 'Rave' came a little bit too late for me to join in... but The Orb's 'Auntie Aubrey' Remix projects are firm faves (part 2 even makes Robbie ******* Williams sound halfway decent!)

As for that ska based stuff... i was at my brothers on boxing day and my nephew (18) was wearing a tie (???) I said I liked the logo and he said it was a ska band he was into... Seems it's making ANOTHER come back - wot goes around, eh?

One of the first albums I ever owned was a Trojan compilation called 'Loch Ness Monster' (now available on CD heehee)... I owned it after borrowing it from my older brother to take to the sattelite yoof club. My bro never used to turn his inner sleeves around, and while I was waiting for the club to open it slipped out of the liner and bounced down a flight of concrete steps. Never got broken, but scratched to hell, and he made me buy/pay for it by babysitting for 6 weekends on the trot. Dunno what the average price of an album was then - but I was seriously taken advantage of...

Still 'African Jungle Meeting' makes it all worthwhile :) "I down't know yah!"

:unsure: ............is this thread for the most obscure music that no one has ever heard of from you/tube............????............or do I know nothin bout music :whistle: ................suze is off to find the most obscurist music ever!

Great thread idea BD :thumbs:

OK, I'll set the scene:

It is the very end of 1972.

I am 16.

Mr p is 17.

We are at the Catholic Club Disco.

And he is kissing me for the very first time, while Sylvia is playing.

I only have to hear the opening bars & my tummy does somersaults!

:clap::wub:

That is so lovely even the Big Bad Dad can't spoil it.

Childhood Sweethearts that worked out, beautiful!

Ooooooooooooooohhhhh yes he could......

(but he wouldn't ;) )

:lol::lol::lol:

Happy new year's Eve to you too :)

And getting back to music (what's all that fleetwood mac stuff?? Lost all credibility for me with that song with the line - 'I held your hand/on the way down to MFI'... Yeah right - Billionaire rockstars don't go to magnets? Who'd they think they were kidding?)...

Another one of my all time heroes, and a genuine song of protest...

Taken completely out of context and BANNED on release... it was a song by a disabled person objecting to the 'International Year Of The Disabled'... He felt (and I'm sure we'll find no one disagreeing here! :)) That inclusion/acceptance/recognition was something that should have been theirs by right EVERY YEAR, and not some artificial patronising contrivence...

great song, great wordsmith, sorely missed :( There ain't half been some...

L&P

I love all these songs above - I loved anything and everything

'Devo' ?? :lol: prefer 'Whip it' who could forget....... B52's Rock Lobster

I loved dancing to this at parties :thumbs::dance::dance::dance:

Rave? I loved dancing and working out at the gym to this style of music :lol: 'be afraid - very afraid'

:D

love skiing to this, it helped with the advanced runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnVdMpgQOk this my most favourite love all their songs

Enjoy :)

Fxx :thumbs:

Edited by Frangipani

:thumbs: We got lucky - so far! :lol:

My favourite track from She Who Cannot Be Equalled:

Blue

B52's Rock Lobster

I loved dancing to this at parties :thumbs::dance::dance::dance:

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Followed this link AND THEY'VE GOT A NEW ALBUM OUT IN MARCH!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Not just a compilation - but a NEW ALBUM - the first in 16 years!!!

Gawd, I'm made up, and excited already!

For anyone lucky enough to live nearby they're also doing a DJ stint in London later THIS month :crying:

... My names baddad, and I love curries and Kate Pierson...

... This is the space age... This is the space age... this is the space age... this is the space age...

Now - not their best, but among them. Will also appeal to Michel Gondry/Daft Punk fans:

LCD

L&P

BD

Oooo, just found this (tying in with Jools Holland's Tootenany too) Brilliant!

Takes me back to my yoof.

Prince Buster

Yeah! Thought about adding 'liquidator' or 'return of the d'jango' but then thought...

I could play this game all day but can't :(

A bit off the wall considering MOST of my music collection, but a real unexpected gem:

L&P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBmXEO3yUU

:dance::dance::clap:

Just bought a Daft Punk album i don't have with some christmas vouchers!

Never fails to get me wiggling :D

:D I saw Daft Punk at Wireless Festival in the summer, they were fantastic, amazing light show :thumbs:

Baddad, on the subject of songs about disability by people with disability, you might be interesting in this if you haven't seen it already:

Mat Fraser does Christmas