baddad

musical fun :)

I'm saying nothing............t'was about the time my curly perm era :curlers::whistle:

*nods* I bore a passing resemblance to Noddy Holder.

Now, its a hot summers day, 1976 I think, & mr p & I are climbing the steep packhorse track from Hebden Bridge to Heptonstall, the sun beating down on our backs, when I'm not in love floats up from the open window of a nearby house. Every time I hear it I'm back there.

Hi everybody -

I hope you've had good christmasses :drunk: and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :first:

I wanted to play the music video game too. Couldn't find the one I really liked, but this is close enough :whistle: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwFcESERFg...feature=related

Love :wub:

100% Ben >:D<<'>

:whistle: ..........don,t know if I have zero taste but bads I ain,t feelin any of those tunes, this is proper!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_8q6HE8uI

......................just come back with a quick edit to say can,t do the link.....lol.................so you,ll all have to wonder what it was ha!

:rolleyes: All fixed... try leaving gaps between your links and your elipsis (elipsis = ...) next time!

Nowt wrong with that, hen, but you are REALLY missing the point if you don't like some of the other links... you've gotta widen your repertoire (fnar fnar!) as The Goodies once said :lol: And isn't it sad that Rod Stewert did all his good stuff before he was 'Rod Stewert'??

L&P

BD :D

Edited by baddad

Oh... and the bassline reminded me of this one :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=imrfo-uRjcE

L&P

Gorgeous tune! Seems we share great taste in music :thumbs:

I've seen these guys 3 times and they are fantastic fun, I spend the whole time grinning

Eagles of Death Metal

(not actually death metal music!)

Gorgeous tune! Seems we share great taste in music :thumbs:

I've seen these guys 3 times and they are fantastic fun, I spend the whole time grinning

Eagles of Death Metal

(not actually death metal music!)

Well I really like that one! I'd never heard of them, so checked out a couple of the other vids too... will definitely be making a trip to the record shop :thumbs:

That said, I can only take so much thrash/metal, but 100% ben is really getting into it!

Two more:

L&P

:notworthy: ....I like that one of mandys .....and I like the cannonball vid...very clever.Still have,nt heard of any of these bands!!!...........think I may be tooo tooo mainstream! :rolleyes: .............please can we have some Take That :pray:

:notworthy: ....I like that one of mandys .....and I like the cannonball vid...very clever.Still have,nt heard of any of these bands!!!...........think I may be tooo tooo mainstream! :rolleyes: .............please can we have some Take That :pray:

PLEASE.... can we NOT??? :pray::pray::pray:

(Suze - i have an overwhelming urge to find you some take that tunes - purely to annoy the BD man... :devil: )

Loving this thread - been ver, ver busy round these here parts in the past week - but i've been turning up the tunes :dance::clap::dance:

Someone help me...... :hypno:

My darling offspring is slaughtering the sing star PS2 thingy some idiot (yup, it was me..) got him for crimbo.

If i hear this song one more time.........

:rolleyes:

Well I really like that one! I'd never heard of them, so checked out a couple of the other vids too... will definitely be making a trip to the record shop :thumbs:

That said, I can only take so much thrash/metal, but 100% ben is really getting into it!

Two more:

L&P

Good stuff, the Breeders are great, and of course

, saw them at Leeds festival in '05 and they were amazing! :thumbs: Eagles of Death Metal aren't really metal at all but they are so much fun :D The singer, Jessie Hughes, cites Little Richard as his main influence and that reflects in a lot of the music, it's very camp and kitsch :D

If we're talking rock though, another couple of Leeds Festival top-marks bands were these guys:

Pearl Jam

Someone help me...... :hypno:

If i hear this song one more time.........

:rolleyes:

Try smashing the mic and scratching the disc.... sorted! :devil:

Hmmmm.... muse/pearl jam, fall into that 'okay' category for me, IYKWIM...

An old fave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI4d5stKyjM

And another old fave - but BE PATIENT while it gets going:

God - time for bed, zebedee - skool tomora :o

Can anyone join in? Oh boy oh boy....playtime :thumbs::thumbs:

I'm not a great fan of the female voice but here are two outstanding exceptions: -

Who can remember?? LOL dont deny it now :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5ZJgGdk0Y

and not so innocent...but ok on this song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-W3fCUok8

SV

Horray some new players!

Spookily, I was watching french and saunders DVD with the seekers take off last night!

Now I was expecting SV to post 'the shins'......

Anyways - I thought, as this is an ASD forum, we ought to have one from this fella:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmV1YAc0P48

and nowt 'official' about the next two, but certainly interesting personalities:

The first always puts a soppy smile on my face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZHjn3A-yk

and this one a HUUUUUGE GRIN :D Everybody should be this happy - always :tearful::thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUKzR9Kh-A

L&P

BD (grinning hugely/soppily)

Yes, I think he did marry a 'Numanoid'...

Just watched Bjork twice... :lol:

Blood makes noise - i own one SV album and that's the one on the strength of that track :)

:D

Yes, I think he did marry a 'Numanoid'...

Just watched Bjork twice... :lol:

Blood makes noise - i own one SV album and that's the one on the strength of that track :)

:D

There was an episode of Homicide once, it was the background music during an otherwise silent scene showing Detective Munsch :wub: et al frantically tracking down all the peeps some HIV guy had deliberately infected. Superb choice.

This is my fave though:

Left of Center

I MUST go to bed now, night night!

SV that song made me well up too :tearful:>:D<<'>

Its nice to see all these different styles of music - it all good. :)

Here is one of my favouites -

:D>:D<<'>

Edited by Frangipani

Talking of musicians with ASDs, Craig Nichol, the singer of the Vines was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years back.

The Vines

Heres one just for you BD: -

Actually your scaring me...i dont think i've mentioned the shins on this site. Have I? Well maybe :wacko: oh yeah, its all coming back now :lol: and i bet I've posted this link a few times too :lol:

Love them, love them love them :wub::wub::wub:

Talking of musicians with ASDs, Craig Nichol, the singer of the Vines was diagnosed with Aspergers a few years back.

The Vines

Ooh I liked that one. I like listening to stuff I've not heard before, I just click on a link here now when I'm on the pooter!

Another nostalgia trip from me now. It is 1970 bleargh, early on a beautiful summers morning. I am in my bedroom getting ready for school. I am doing my "O" levels (as they were called in prehistoric times) and I am going in for an exam.

Lady Eleanor

Sounds a bit wobbly here but best I could find

Mmm, nice .... I saw Lindisfarne live too :thumbs:

Someone I'm v into at the moment:

Kate Rusby

Spoilt for choice on Youtube. Saw her live last year.

A bit of an aberration that song with Ronan Keating though :unsure:

The Vines

:) Thank you...

I did a bit of searching around re david Byrne earlier, and rather than just being 'suspect aspie' he himself endorses the idea...

A bit odd (no pun intended) but he feels he 'cured' himself through his musical career but that he was aspergers as a child/adolescent...

Leaving aside the 'cure' vs 'coping strategies' debate, i found a lovely quote about a sign he has hanging on his workroom door:

There is a small paper sign stuck to the door of Byrne's studio. The writing is childish and the sentiment anti-social: "Do not enter my personal space, you are not welcome since your presence interferes with my lifestyle and gives me a headache."

Sound like anyone you know? :lol:

So, another interesting personality (syd)

And a good old noisy one... loooooooooove that chopped up hammond almost as much as i love LCD's Juno hoover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU2BBE686HY

(sorry about the 'vid' the official one's a bit '15' rated)

L&P

SV - did you mention the shins at some point, then? REALLY?? :lol:

:oops: and i forgot about that shins quote at the bottom of the page too :lol:

Now if we have to talk about Syd Barrett then we have to have this one.....shame they missed the sound effects off the end but this is pure genius :notworthy:

I didnt like that Ayesha song BD :shame:

Ooh, I enjoyed Muse.

Their live shows are amazing! I wasn't a huge fan before seeing them, liked a few songs but not madly keen, after the show I wanted every CD!