col

year 5 transition AR coming up

Not looking forward to it as this past year, relationships with the school hasn't been good. Haven't been to the school in a very long time so haven't meet the staff in her new class. Got her reports on Saturday and not happy as some aspects of her speech has actually gotten worse.

Have had a few moments where i just wanted to pull her out especially a couple of months ago. She was getting upset as they have RE assemblies and i don't know how it came about but she found out that us (parents) are not religious and with her unique way of seeing things couldn't handle the RE at school.

So i spoke to the family support officer who said that she mention it to the school, and put it this way it went pear shape from there. Got a phonecall from both her class teacher and the head teacher who were both very negative.

Got asked if she didn't like numeracy and literacy would i take her out of that as well?

Also the classroom teacher wasn't happy that i brought up the HW with the family officer. DD1 has been given the same homework nearly every friday. They get given the same sheet each friday with the same set questions and asked to fill them in, in reqards to her weekend. Her weekends hardly changes and she was fed up with seeing the same sheet, DD2 wants to sack all the teachers at DD1 school and give DD1 hers. DD2 has got a temper on her and one weekend i found out that she actually chucked DD1 HW in the bin.

I've been given a form to fill out, as the parents part and i just don't want to write anything. It's a special school.

I just wish that i could wave a magic wand and transfer her to another school now (well september 08) It's the school that i do want her to go to for september 09. Will have a fight on my hands anyway. But her school now, i just don't think it's fully meeting her needs.

The head teacher on the phone said that she couldn't do the christms play then and pulled her out. So had to explain it to her, she was upset but she still didn't want to do RE. But when it got closer to the nativity she was fine as she got to do colouring in and read books.

Personally i was glad as i gone through 2 of the play in the previous years and was bored to tears. Plus had my lovely son and ended up missing sections as i had to take him out od the hall a few times.

The school also does grace but she turns her back and faces the wall. Thought the school was non demonation but it's christian based.

The head teacher on the phone said that she couldn't do the christms play then and pulled her out. So had to explain it to her, she was upset but she still didn't want to do RE. But when it got closer to the nativity she was fine as she got to do colouring in and read books.

Personally i was glad as i gone through 2 of the play in the previous years and was bored to tears. Plus had my lovely son and ended up missing sections as i had to take him out od the hall a few times.

The school also does grace but she turns her back and faces the wall. Thought the school was non demonation but it's christian based.

My son was punished for not saying grace in a non denominational school...he was sent out to the head to 'explain' why he wouldn't pray. It ended up with him getting so angry about it he would shout out....'it's not GOD it's evolution' and 'If there is GOD who made man in his own image, was he disabled too?'

It didn't go down well! :rolleyes: