Bagpuss

Anyone booked their holiday for this year?

We haven't booked anything, but we'd like to go to Scotland this year, we thought about Edinburgh as well. Jay would like to spend all day on a rocky beach lifting stones and picking up crabs, he'd be in heaven. We like castles too.

~ Mel ~

My lad is a massive Dr Who fan, and thanks to a recent episode featuring Shakespeare, he would like to see David Tenant playing Hamlet in Stratford later this year. I managed to get a couple of tickets for July so we will take our summer holiday in the Stratford area. We have a cottage booked in Henley-in-Arden.

It's all new and unfamiliar to us. It looks a great area. Anyone here got any suggestions for must-see places to visit?

MB

Ooh you lucky thing! Shakespeare and David Tennant combined :wub:

Theres loads of Shakespeare related stuff round there of course, but you are also near enough to visit Warwick Castle.

Fishing in France again!! Nick is so happy sitting by a lake with a fishing rod in his hand!! I would love to go on a beach holiday, but he would hate it!! I dont really mind, last year we had a lovley cottage by the lake, the weather was perfect and l read 10 books in 2 weeks!!

:thumbs: ..............gosh you peeps are all so brave, Eygpt, America, I,d be so scared myself of going to Eygypt........worrying about the food :hypno: ........do you have to eat camel and deep fried scorpion :ph34r: ...............

were going on a farm holiday to devon again.We stay in a converted barn and a beautiful farm which has lots of rare breed animals.The kids love it :thumbs: .We tend to do the same stuff every year, go to hope cove a fab little beach (so ds can build dams and stop water flow with the help of several younger children he commandeers and bosssies around, the parents don,t seem to mind as they are off their hands for several hours lol), we crab fish at salcombe,and laugh at the surfers at Bantham....theres always some middle aged dude who thinks he,s riding the surf than gets caught in a wipe out :clap: ..........can,t wait fot summer

We are off to Haven - Primrose Valley in May half term. 4 nights only which is a much as I can manage in a caravan with my two boys!!!!!!

Boys are looking forward to it................ I will have to psyche myself up to cope!!!!! But as long as they are happy and have a good time it will be worth it :unsure:

My lad is a massive Dr Who fan, and thanks to a recent episode featuring Shakespeare, he would like to see David Tenant playing Hamlet in Stratford later this year. I managed to get a couple of tickets for July so we will take our summer holiday in the Stratford area. We have a cottage booked in Henley-in-Arden.

Ooh David Tennant playing Hamlet - my idea of heaven. :wub::wub: I'm hoping to go too, round about September/October - haven't booked yet.

K x

This thread appears to be merging with the positive thread...

Patrick Stewart as Macbeth still lingers in the memory.

Kathryn i shall have a wee think for you about where to go, obviously the castle and the parliament buildings (old and new) worth a visit.

You will be spoiled for choice with shows during the fringe (if you have time between your own shows)

The royal mile is quite beautiful, and Edinburgh has a Christmas shop! There are some lovely shops, the buldings are beautiful, the zoo is fab.

You are a short journey to Glasgow and Stirling.

Nic

Our plans for June may well be changing :ph34r:

I've been determined to get youngest dd to EuroDisney whilst she fit and able but have been unable to find an affordable way of doing it ....but I "think" I may have found a solution.....watch this space :whistle:

I'm saying nowt at the mo, because I'll sound completely off my rocker :lol:

Kathryn i shall have a wee think for you about where to go, obviously the castle and the parliament buildings (old and new) worth a visit.

You will be spoiled for choice with shows during the fringe (if you have time between your own shows)

The royal mile is quite beautiful, and Edinburgh has a Christmas shop! There are some lovely shops, the buldings are beautiful, the zoo is fab.

You are a short journey to Glasgow and Stirling.

Nic

Thanks Nic! :)

K x

Got another caravan today :whistle::lol:

So Cornwall is cancelled for June, and we are off to a site near Paris, to visit EuroDisney, all being well.......and that plan is subject to change at any given moment :ph34r:

Thats great news I hope you can make it bagpuss. She would love it. We took o when he was 3 and he loved it ! I will say one thing though i had absolutly no clue on how to read the french road maps its the most complecated thing ive ever looked at :lol:

Hmmm...

Getting a bit tired of you know where Bognor now, but the trouble with there just being the two of us is self catering holiday homes (rather than half board rooms' ) gets a bit expensive... we end up paying for accommodation for six+ !

So - having seen some ads for one of you know who's rivals thought we'd have a looksee at Brean Sands in Zummerzet...

On the plus side it's self catering, so can do as we please and no worries re GF/DF, and there's loads of nice places in the area for days out...

On the downside, don't know much about the park etc at all.

Anyone Been??

Any info greatly appreciated - PM if 'naming names!'

L&P

BD :D

Hope you have a nice time at EuroDisney, Bagpuss, even though it means you will miss out on my cake. Must have been a real hard decision :lol:

Am a bit scared at the thought of baddad being so close to my house :ph34r:

Edited by Tally

You don't escape that easily Tally.......I'll be seeing you in July hopefully, and you know how I like to hug everyone......he he he........and they'll be no wild cat of bodmin to protect you :devil::lol:

Wayhay!

Booked up for a week at Breane, and realised we had a spare bed and the cost didn't change if we took a third... so now have Ben's very best buddy from skool coming with us for the week! :thumbs::thumbs:

Ben is sooooooooooooooooo excited. Him and mate were getting told off at skool all day for not shutting up about it :oops::thumbs:

It's Ben's final year in primary, and keeping things together with best mate might not be an easy task after they leave, so i am really really pleased they will get this opportunity :tearful: ...

we're gonna go to wookey hole and hunt the witch!

we're gonna go to cheddar and eat 'em out of cheese!

we're gonna go to weston and walk twenty miles for a paddle!

we're gonna go to Longleat and annoy the lions!

we're gonna go to the theme park and ride the helter skelter!

And with one day travelling there and one day travelling back BOY are we gonna be busy!

If it rain's, were stuffed :(:lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD (and ben and best mate LJ) :D

Hope you have a wonderful time BD. I love that part of the country. We stayed at a cottage near Bath a couple of years back, and had planned to go to Wookey Caves. There was so much to do in that part of the country, and really close to the Cotswolds too, which we love. But dd only coped with a couple of nights, so didn't get there in the end. Be lovely for Ben to have a mate along won't it :thumbs:

Blimey - you lot are organised! :notworthy:

I might be brave this year :unsure:

The little man used to hate going to places he doesn't know......... but i may give it a try and see.

I'm a bournemouth gal originally :D - and we usually go to family there - so i'll stick with that and see if there's a good family park place (rocky, i think????).

Guest Lya of the Nox

ooh i like Bournemouth

now i have got big man to agree to a break, not my bones afore you allll start lol !!!! :fight:

we will go new forest, and we will be taking on of meggz mates, so they can have a room on their own, and she has company

so i mite get to Bournemouth

and go on steam train, and have cream tea at swanage :):)

and a rest cos NO cooking

:):)