Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

OK, I feel mighty silly starting this thread in January but others have asked for it, and forward planning is always good. :D

Last year, on July 14th (Bastille Day) 31 of us (kiddies included) stormed Greenwich Park (in a very quiet and civilised manner of course :P). With only a few tears and tantrums (from the adults), sand in the toes and the sandwiches, trees to get stuck in (are we inviting BD this year? :unsure:) and a lovely picnic (excluding the dried slugs . . . you know who you are :sick:) I think it went pretty well.

So the proposal is for a re-run around the same time, hoping the weather will be as good. I'm thinking July the 12th (it's a Saturday, Hev!! :P), though I'm well aware that peeps (me included) have no idea what they are doing around then, so I don't want to be making firm dates yet - just possibles, if you're interested and want to keep that time free. :)

Two meetup times didn't work so well, so I think we go for one of about 11:30am, but peeps can meet earlier in smaller groups if they wish. And the same place? The bow (that's the pointy end) of the BOW (Burnt Out Wreck - Cutty Sark for people who didn't follow the whole saga of our 'landmark' burning down before the meetup last year :rolleyes:). I suggest the same place, because we can't possibly jinx it twice - can we? :unsure: Then walking from there as a group to the Park and we can picnic in one bigger or several smaller groups depending on what peeps want to do. :gather:

Then later a wander around the market or the observatory or the bookshops or whatever different groups fancy?

And then afterwards - choccy beer anyone? :cheers::drunk:

And this year I'm assigning roles starting with:

Kathryn - navigator!! :P

So, I know this is far too early, but just wanted to put the feelers out - is this a good idea, would people be interested, was that time of the year OK before, is it OK this year?

And are we inviting BD? :devil: :devil:

Oh definitely! we had such a good time last year, and the boys took it very well. This time I think I can leave half the baggage behind - I'll just bring pushchair and food but no kids!! :devil:

I think it would be good to have another meet up before then - maybe easter holidays? If anyone is interested?

Guest Lya of the Nox

me me me me me me :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

so now you will change the date and not make it public lol

x

so now you will change the date and not make it public lol

Nah, we need you to bring the squirrel food! :eat:

I'm definitely up for it! I have put it in my diary already :thumbs: Plus it doesn't take that long to get there from Woolwich, which is where my mum lives.

You could come by boat - that would be really easy (and quieter than trains/tubes/DLR). The boat stops where we meet.

And this year I'm assigning roles starting with:

Kathryn - navigator!! :P

:lol::shame:

I'll put it in my diary now: hopefully I can persuade son to come too this time. :)

K x

You can count me in. I'll be bringing Ben (ds2), possibly even dd!! Bill won't want to come.

Hopefully nothing will occur to prevent me and at least two out of 3 of my darlings.

Flozza

Me too :clap:

(And hopefully, not mid-nervous breakdown like last time........... I had lost the plot, my marbles and the majority of my sanity at that point :crying::hypno::( )

Those that met the more bouncy me in Herne....... I'll be back... :bounce: .... Mwahahahahahahahaaaaaa! :D

I will also be monkey-free that weekend.

:partytime:

(And hopefully, not mid-nervous breakdown like last time........... I had lost the plot, my marbles and the majority of my sanity at that point :crying::hypno::( )

i will also try to be less reserved and talk a bit more :D

i will also try to be less reserved and talk a bit more :D

I've just remembered, I'm visiting Frang in Australia just on that one day. We'll listen out for you! :P

I'm up for it. Really enjoyed last year. May try and overnight as well. Will book somewhere (and transport) once we have a firm date. Will also try and convince my brother to come too (though I think this unlikely) as I think he would enjoy it.

I definitely think the middle of summer is the best time for an outdoor meet, although you never can guarantee the weather.

Same place sounds good to me, that way I have half a chance of finding it!

Pah - do it again???

I've never met such a bunch of ne'er do wells - I'd rather chew maggots than face that again! :lol::lol::whistle:

seriously.... Not very good with long term planning, but chances are a bit nearer the time we'll add our names to the list :)

I'd rather chew maggots

Doesn't this belong in the thrifty thread?

Coming soon, Baddad's pauper version of the Atkins diet.

You too can watch the weight drop off.

You ought to come to Greenwich, think of all the foraging.

oh im so glad you are coming pearl and jp,obviously im glad everyone else is going as well but ive heard so much about jp,its nce to put names to faces isent it

not sure if i will be kid free,im gonna get suzie girl to come this year as well :thumbs:

:thumbs: yes it is nice to put faces to names, it will be sooo weird for us as you lot have all done it before & we are newbies. Really looking forward to meeting you, will both Steve & Katie be there too?

i dont know because they dont get on travelling together,i used to feel mean if we went out seperate but now one does something with nick or mum and dad while i take the other one out,its so less stress that way

you will love greenwich,best park ive been to,and ive dossed down on many a park bench :lol:

Oh well maybe we'll meet one of em.

meeting me is traumatic enough pearl,3 of us at once would be too much,i cant put you through the trauma :lol:

And I am really going to make the effort to come along and try to be very very brave !!!!

Clare x x x

yeah come on clare,i want to meet you as well,you dont need to be brave,i promise to hold your hand :ph34r::ph34r:

meeting me is traumatic enough pearl,3 of us at once would be too much,i cant put you through the trauma :lol:

Wait til you meet JP, if you think you're talkative .... :lol:

I've never met such a bunch of ne'er do wells - I'd rather chew maggots than face that again! :lol::lol::whistle:

Ermmmmmmm, ex-squeeze me young man - we wern't the ones terrorizing young children by sticking them up a tree....

:P

Wait til you meet JP, if you think you're talkative .... :lol:

Pearl - i've met her, and more than once! She is lurvely, garguss, friendly.... but she don't shut up! :lol:>:D<<'>

that is so true smiley,katie never even looked at a tree until that day,since baddad put her on the highest branch of the highest tree she has been obsessed ever since!!

Pearl - i've met her, and more than once! She is lurvely, garguss, friendly.... but she don't shut up! :lol:>:D<<'>

I AM FRIENDLY PEARL,I GRAB COMPLETE STRANGERS IN THE STREET JUST TO HAVE A CHAT,SOME PEOPLE CALL IT WEIRD,I CALL IT FRIENDLY........ :ph34r:

I've just remembered, I'm visiting Frang in Australia just on that one day. We'll listen out for you! :P

Awww. thanks Mumble :thumbs::D Yes we have a great location and the bubbly at the ready

:cheers:

Its about time we had an Aussie meet-up afterall its always spring/summer here :D

xx

Oooh, how exciting - lots of people and lots of chocolate.

Seriously Pearl, JP cannot be more nattery than Hev!!! :rolleyes: Really, it's not possible!!

I AM FRIENDLY PEARL,I GRAB COMPLETE STRANGERS IN THE STREET JUST TO HAVE A CHAT,SOME PEOPLE CALL IT WEIRD,I CALL IT FRIENDLY........ :ph34r:

Yes, then she slurs... 'ave yer got any spare change, mister?'.....

Still... we all have to earn a crust, don't we?

Trouble is she spends it all on Kebabs, Fags and Gin...

It's the kids I feel sorry for :o:lol::whistle: