Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

I'm afraid I won't be joining you all for drinks

A, I can't drink at the moment

and

B, It's my 30th on the 15th and the 12th is the best night my family can all get together for a meal

I will still come to greenwich but will have to leave earlier than planned

Edited by kellyanne

Is everyone staying at the same hotel?

Don't think so. Poor hotel wouldn't know what had hit it :lol:

I'll pm you details of mine if you want somewhere near Euston.

Wheres Euston in relation to Greenwich? :unsure: I'm a lost cause :lol: Does it mean alot of tubes and things, because I've still not recovered from being mooned at by an old lady wearing no knickers last time I was at a London Tube station..........will probably need something with parking too.

We were thinking about a travel lodge in/at/on Docklands, that we've stayed at before, because we will need a couple of family rooms me thinks, although at the mo DS is refusing to come and meet "random people off the internet" :lol: and has asked if he can stay with a mate :rolleyes: , so may well just be DH, me and the girlies.

I was hoping if everyone was staying at the same hotel, I could farm a couple of the kiddies out into other peeps rooms :devil:

Bagpuss, ou could try reminding him that he's met one of the "random people off the internet" at least in the past though I'm not sure it will help. Personally I think he's summed up us lot pretty well there though. :whistle::devil: At least I can be quite random at times. It would be nice to see you all again but I must admit I'm not sure I'd have appreciated the idea at his age (it's not too distant that I can't remember it. :)) Looking forward to seeing you again soon. All the best, David.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Euston is nowhere near Greenwich but its "my" station & hotel just 5 mins from it. I'm hoping to get advice from some suvverners on best way to get to Greenwich. It'll be JP's first time on the tube but I'm guessing he'll love it as its so logical :thumbs:

We're staying at a Hotel in Greenwich (that's me, NikkiSmith & my friend L)...........will PM ya'

:D

Can you accommodate a couple of little Baggies? :whistle:

Bagpuss, ou could try reminding him that he's met one of the "random people off the internet" at least in the past though I'm not sure it will help. Personally I think he's summed up us lot pretty well there though. :whistle::devil: At least I can be quite random at times. It would be nice to see you all again but I must admit I'm not sure I'd have appreciated the idea at his age (it's not too distant that I can't remember it. :)) Looking forward to seeing you again soon. All the best, David.

He's met most peeps from previous meet up David, but you know what he's like :rolleyes: I took him to GP recently convinced he was short tongued, because I just couldn't understand his grunting anymore..........GP diagnosed typical teenager mumbling :lol::lol:

I may well be evil mum though and force him to come and mingle :devil:

i might force steve to mingle as well,maybe steve and your boy could grunt together and form a conversation :lol: no,hes already told me hes not coming,he likes baddad from some posts hes read but he said he finds people who meet on the internet creepy with no life :o lovely boy ive got eh?!!!!

i might force steve to mingle as well,maybe steve and your boy could grunt together and form a conversation :lol: no,hes already told me hes not coming,he likes baddad from some posts hes read but he said he finds people who meet on the internet creepy with no life :o lovely boy ive got eh?!!!!

It's when telling kids they must never meet people of the internet then you go and tell them that I do thats rather interesting. Why do I always have to be so open and honest. I should just lie and tell them it's a bad idea. Actually one asked me something as they'd overheard I was meeting with a group of online friends. They seemed to accept my explaination that I doubted anyone on here would be trying to meetup to cause bother and the number of us who meetup and how we do it makes it safer. Have been told at mainstream that I'm too open. Silly me when one of the girls asked if I'd ever had sex replied no instead of it's none of your business. That lead to one of the other support going on about how she'd have to mother me to check they didn't give me grief because of it. I often think talking about your own experiences can help kids understand.

We meet in public, as a large group.

We are adults, so if something does upset or bother us, we are confident enough to walk away, and knowledgeable enough to deal with unwanted attention.

We've only shared information we are comfortable about, so few of us know each others surnames or actual addresses.

It's not really any different to going to a conference that you've booked, not knowing anyone, and I do that on a fairly regular basis. Or a pop concert, which I haven't done for a coupe of decades!

That's what I told my daughter.

I often think talking about your own experiences can help kids understand.

It's not the kids that you really need to worry about, it's their parents with the cricket bats in one hand and a complaint in the other.

I even have to be careful about Father Christmas and the Tooth fairy. :whistle:

We meet in public, as a large group.

We are adults, so if something does upset or bother us, we are confident enough to walk away, and knowledgeable enough to deal with unwanted attention.

We've only shared information we are comfortable about, so few of us know each others surnames or actual addresses.

It's not really any different to going to a conference that you've booked, not knowing anyone, and I do that on a fairly regular basis. Or a pop concert, which I haven't done for a coupe of decades!

That's what I told my daughter.

I'll try and remember that for next time I'm asked. Typically it was at the autistic school and I think they knew I was clutching at straws a bit. Saying that you felt there wouldn't be any problems doesn't really help. Was my own silly thought for getting them on the topic though. I did manage to get them to accept what I said sounded sensible though. Just should remember kids listen to adult conversations. Not that I can remember how it came up at all now. I think others were talking about internet dating or something. I think one of them was doing that and the rest said they'd never meet anyone off the net. I said I was somewhere in the middle and tried to explain why I felt safe with everyone on here. Group size, etc... Didn't think to talk about what you've said Bard. :rolleyes:

wait til you've got children of your very own. Your thinking gets much faster, if not more truthful!

Children often never think that anything bad will ever happen to them, or if it does, then they will be able to kung fu the enemy like in the movies. So you have to be able to give them clear, good reasons that make sense.

We're all booked in at the travel lodge, so fingers crossed, DH, myself and the girlies will be there, maybe minus DS.

Any idea of time as yet? We will be travelling down on the Saturday, from the North East, so may have to meet up at the Park later on with you all, rather than at burnt out ship beforehand. You can never judge the traffic, so don't want to assume we will make it down in time.

Is the plan to do the same as last year and spend the day at the park with a picnic? That'd be fine for us if so.

See you all soon :D

Is the plan to do the same as last year and spend the day at the park with a picnic? That'd be fine for us if so.

Yup, that's the plan, as far as I know. :)

K x

Oh Hev, Nick said exactly the same thing only he added " the people could be really dodgy and dont blame me if something happens, im going fishing thanks" Our boys really make me laugh sometimes!! Cant wait to meet everyone, we should have a right laugh!!

Years ago, when I first joined the forum, Auriel was 14 and gave me a stern lecture for making friends with Helen: 'For all you know, mother, she's a 20 stone trucker from Glasgow!!' :o:lol:

Helen, if you're lurking out there, do you remember that? :lol:>:D<<'>

Boho :o

Years ago, when I first joined the forum, Auriel was 14 and gave me a stern lecture for making friends with Helen: 'For all you know, mother, she's a 20 stone trucker from Glasgow!!' :o:lol:

Helen, if you're lurking out there, do you remember that? :lol:>:D<<'>

Boho :o

He actually suggested that I could very well have been a "40st trucker from Glasgow" :blink:

Much love to you and yours pal xx >:D<<'>

Sorry, my inner control freak is emerging ....

will there be anywhere we can buy food to eat outside at Greenwich, cos if there isnt theres a supermarket near our hotel. I'd rather travel light though & buy there if poss. We can't do burger vans tho as grease makes JP :sick: and that would not create a good first impression :lol:

Oh & he cant be doing with mayo in sandwiches either :rolleyes:

Sorry, my inner control freak is emerging ....

will there be anywhere we can buy food to eat outside at Greenwich, cos if there isnt theres a supermarket near our hotel. I'd rather travel light though & buy there if poss. We can't do burger vans tho as grease makes JP :sick: and that would not create a good first impression :lol:

Oh & he cant be doing with mayo in sandwiches either :rolleyes:

I'd love to pack a picnic for three or four, so give me a list of what you'd like and I'll come up with the goods.

I LOVE making up picnic baskets, with all the little bits and bobs.

Or should I just read the picnic chapter from Wind in the Willows?

' coldtonguecoldhamcoldbeefpickledgherkinssaladfrenchrollscresssandwichespottedmea

tgingerbeerlemonadesodawater...'

Edited by Bard

He actually suggested that I could very well have been a "40st trucker from Glasgow" :blink:

Whereas we all know you're from Dundee. ;)

Hi there, Helen! :D>:D<<'>

K x

I'd love to pack a picnic for three or four, so give me a list of what you'd like and I'll come up with the goods.

I LOVE making up picnic baskets, with all the little bits and bobs.

Or should I just read the picnic chapter from Wind in the Willows?

' coldtonguecoldhamcoldbeefpickledgherkinssaladfrenchrollscresssandwichespottedmea

tgingerbeerlemonadesodawater...'

What a little sweetheart you are >:D<<'>

But I really, really wasnt hinting, honnist!

However, if you really do want to, we are pretty fuss free - just nothing greasy or mayo-y :thumbs:

And we could bring non perishable extras mebbe?

*wonders if jaffa cakes are non perishable* :unsure:

:lol::clap:

Bidx

Well I'm going to be there :unsure: (hiding behind/up a tree, probably, and trying not to freak out - I've had the "do you think this is a good idea at the moment Mumble?" speech, to which the answer is yes, these are people who understand me >:D<<'> ).

11:30am, Saturday 12th July, on the boat shaped benches near the Bow (the pointy end nearest the river) of the Burnt Out Wreck :)

I'll be there! So will NikkiSmith & my mate L.

And we've got the whoooooole weekend freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :clap::D

:dance:

Just realised it's only three weeks away! :o

Whatcha wearing Bid?? :dance:

I will be in my normal, kick the cupboard n see what falls out ensemble.... :rolleyes::lol: