Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

what we all need to do is bring heavy raincoats and umbrellas then it will be sunny all day!! and we can "cheat" mother nature by ditching them in the back of my car :lol: hopfully we can trick it into being dry and sunny. :lol:

Have fun everyone in Greenwich! Is that pronounced 'Green witch'?

Eva

Just popped in for a minute, just got home we have one of those in Sydney and we pronounce it 'Grenn itch' curious how the pronounce it over there too. :)

Ah, you've obviously not been behind us when DH is driving Warren :lol:

so he gets the caravan sideways on exiting corners then :lol:

Well im in Portsmouth this friday so im staying in a hotel in croydon rather than drive all the way up north friday night just to come back in the morning. Ive spent most this morning phoning different hotels asking about thier carpark security arrangements as most claim "secure" car parking. Thier definition of "secure" differs from mine!! :lol:

Sorry guys but I'm not going to be able to make it on saturday I'm having a rough time with this pregnancy lark and can't face walking around all day. :( Sorry again guys. Have a fab time and there's always next time.

Edited by kellyanne

im staying in a hotel in croydon

So that's Kellyanne and Warren off the list .... :whistle:

(seriously Warren, you do know what to expect from Croydon, don't you? :unsure:)

So that's Kellyanne and Warren off the list .... :whistle:

(seriously Warren, you do know what to expect from Croydon, don't you? :unsure:)

Oi, what's wrong with Croydon?? :shame::P

I used to live there - I thought it was a great place.. :D:thumbs: Can't tell you much about the hotel carparks though.

K x

KA >:D<<'> >:D< :(

I'm starting to think about what to pack for the weekend....

Jeans.........spare jeans for when first jeans get soaked through...... Top.......spare top for when first top gets soaked through............ Shoes.... ditto..... :lol:

Canoe - life raft - inflatable lilo......... wellies............. thermals...............

I need a bigger bag............. :lol::rolleyes:

whats wrong with croydon Mumble??? :huh: Cant be that bad?? i could bring kevlar vest?? or do i need the kevlar helmet too?? :ninja:

Possibly. Wasn't Alex who got 'removed' from Big Brother because of her 'gangsta' threats from Croydon .... :unsure::fight:

KA >:D<<'> >:D< :(

I'm starting to think about what to pack for the weekend....

Jeans.........spare jeans for when first jeans get soaked through...... Top.......spare top for when first top gets soaked through............ Shoes.... ditto..... :lol:

Canoe - life raft - inflatable lilo......... wellies............. thermals...............

I need a bigger bag............. :lol::rolleyes:

Ditto.......X 5 :wacko:

whats wrong with croydon Mumble??? :huh: Cant be that bad?? i could bring kevlar vest?? or do i need the kevlar helmet too?? :ninja:

Fret not Warren, it can't be any worse than Sheppey where we stayed last year :)

This year we will be in our van, slap bang in the middle of a boggy field and will sink without a trace :(

Croydon, dry land, and a private loo would be heaven :tearful:

Canoe - life raft -

oi thats my department :lol:

You been watching that london flood movie???? at least the Burnt out Wreck might float!!

Possibly. Wasn't Alex who got 'removed' from Big Brother because of her 'gangsta' threats from Croydon .... :unsure::fight:

shes all mouth!! :lol: She'd poo herself if she met a real gangster!! She can be sorted out with some duck tape across her mouth :lol:

Me and hub both grew up nearby and we've always pronounced it 'Grin-idge'. Give my regards to the old place. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

mmm the weather is highly dependant on the cloud systems associated with the occluded front and trough circled in red on this surface analysis forcast for sat lunch: Weatherpic I shall look for satellite imagery later to get idea of cloud cover.

Hi,

I haven't been around much lately as I've had sooo much else to do. Just realised the meet up is this Saturday, so I was wondering where and when everyone was going to meet up (I'm being lazy as I don't want to scroll back through the last 13 pages!!) Are people splitting into smaller groups straight away?

Hi,

I haven't been around much lately as I've had sooo much else to do. Just realised the meet up is this Saturday, so I was wondering where and when everyone was going to meet up (I'm being lazy as I don't want to scroll back through the last 13 pages!!) Are people splitting into smaller groups straight away?

Hi Michelle, :)

We're meeting at 11:30 on Saturday 12th July at the bow of the BOW (Burnt Out Wreck) - The same place as last year. The people currently coming are:

Baggy

Baggy (Mr)

Baguette 1

Baguette 2

Baguette 3

Bard

Bid

DMB

Hev

Kathryn

llisa32

Mumble

NickiSmith

Pearl

Pearl's JP

Sallya

Sallya's ickle ones

SG

SG's Mum

SG's Friend Robin

Smiley

Smiley's Friend L

Soraya

Tally

Warren if he escapes Croydon

We plan to go to the park for a picnic and may split up later. However, the weather is not looking great, and if Pearl's praying to the picnic angel doesn't work, we may need to take cover, inwhich case the National Maritime Museum and/or Observatory have been suggested as they are both free so we can pop in and out depending on the weather and the NMM at least has a cafe.

***N.B. Canoes are optional for this meetup. Wellies are not. ***

Just a thought - dunno how we do this, if enough people have others mobile numbers, but if it is absolutely deluging at the meet-up time, there is a St**bucks coffee place very near the ship (you should be able to see it) where people could meet and decide on a plan.

We are setting off first thing in the morning, and as usual, totally disorganised.

We've realised today that we havn't even bought a gas bottle yet :oops: which sort of scuppers our plans for cooking and heating :rolleyes:

I thought I'd pop online to check forum before starting the ironing, packing blah blah blah.........and whoosh, hours have passed :ph34r:

Don't know how much time I'll have to pop on forum before then (who am I kidding, I'll be on it at least another sixteen times :lol: ) so I'll say bye for now and see you all Saturday.

I've got a couple of mobile numbers, so I'll ring someone when we get the Greenwich Park and try to find you all.

Hope someone recognises me now I'm dark haired :unsure: We'll be the group of peeps looking half starved and cold muttering obscenities about caravans :whistle:

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I'll be thinking of you all while me and my sis-in-law crack open another bottle and watch the rain hammering against the windows from the comfort of my home :devil: (not that I'm jealous or bitter that I can't go :ph34r: )

Flo' X

Just a thought - dunno how we do this, if enough people have others mobile numbers, but if it is absolutely deluging at the meet-up time, there is a St**bucks coffee place very near the ship (you should be able to see it) where people could meet and decide on a plan.

Good plan (not anything to do with my obsession with Lattes :whistle: ).

If it's chucking it down - me and my lot will be there, i think most peeps have my mowbli - if not, PM me if you want it. :)

:dance:

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be joining you this year. Hopefully the weather will be as good this year as it was last. This afternoon was lovely and sunny - so with any luck it will stay till the end of the weekend at least!

Sorry not to see you this year, Michelle. I have clear visions of you pushing a pushchair cross country to the observatory.

I'll be there and I'll be bringing my son (11). We'll probably get there between 1 and 2 as he has a drama class beforehand. So if anyone can pm me a mobile number or two that would be great. Then we can find you. :)

K x

I really really wish I could come but unfortunately I can't. Have fun everyone - am really jealous. Hope to see you all some time.

Hope you all have a great time, was really intending coming, especially to meet Hev/Soyora :thumbs: But DS in a strange place at the moment so cant risk it, littlies would have loved it. Enid