Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

Flippin' heck me'dear! That was a bit dramatic!!

>:D<<'>

Yeah i thought it was going to spin as the back end weaved. Id have been upset if i'd bashed it as Ive only had the car 1 week :lol:

Getting a quote for new boot lid tomorrow. Not contacted insurance company yet. Think it might be too expensive to do otherwise though. Anyone know where to get a cheep Daihatsu Charade boot door?

If its an older car (over 4 years) and your mechanically minded then i would almost certainly do the work yourself using a door sourced through a breakers yard or one of the parts companys that do off the shelf second hand bits. A bit of online research on forums and e*** auction site might even yeild you a door in the right colour. a quick look on the popular internet auction site shows several charades listed as being for spares so may be what you need.

Glad you enjoyed LOTR, David. Look forward to hearing more. L and I can't decide whether to go and see it.

It was nice to meet your mum - and to discover she went to the school my son is about to go to - amazing coincidence! I hope she's recovered from her jog up the hill to the Observatory. :o:)

K x

David, so lovely to meet you and your mum again and so pleased the show was fantastic....I thought it might be :)

Hope to see you in York too.

DH had to carry our youngest DD up the hill past the Observatory back to the car park....her legs had completely given up by then.

Yeah i thought it was going to spin as the back end weaved. Id have been upset if i'd bashed it as Ive only had the car 1 week :lol:

If its an older car (over 4 years) and your mechanically minded then i would almost certainly do the work yourself using a door sourced through a breakers yard or one of the parts companys that do off the shelf second hand bits. A bit of online research on forums and e*** auction site might even yeild you a door in the right colour. a quick look on the popular internet auction site shows several charades listed as being for spares so may be what you need.

It's an 04 car. Have used the various internet sites to try and locate one through a breakers yard. Only one that has contacted me so far has a boot that is also damaged. Have noticed an email too so will see if that is for a different company. A new one with glass would be �600 including fitting so not as bad as we feared but still quite expensive. Not declared the accident to the insurance company at the moment as it happened on private property I'm not sure if I need to. Will think about parking on steep wet grass banks in the future though.

Glad you enjoyed LOTR, David. Look forward to hearing more. L and I can't decide whether to go and see it.

It was nice to meet your mum - and to discover she went to the school my son is about to go to - amazing coincidence! I hope she's recovered from her jog up the hill to the Observatory. :o:)

K x

It is worth seeing!!! Me and mum would go again if we could. It finishes really soon though so we couldn't manage to get there again. I think it might even be this week. It is by far the best stage show either of us have ever seen by some margin. Gollum desending head first towards the stage at the start of act 2 been one of the highlights. It was all exceptionally well thought out and presented. Still plan on expanding comments a bit more but presently at school so shouldn't concentrate too much on here. Have 4 kids at the moment to look after and one Y10 work experience student. All happy at the moment as have free choice on the computers. So I decided to have free choice too. ;)