Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

Yay! :thumbs:

Save me from Chaz n Dave, Baggy - PLEASE!

Edit coz i was not yayyying at Pearl not coming! We crossed posts! >:D<<'>

Edited by smiley

:lol::lol: Sorry Smiley, that edit reason made me laugh.

Don't think DH will let me go AWOL........maybe I could send him and kiddiewinks to buy an icecream and do a runner :devil:

Well, it wouldn't be a runner exactly, more a sort of very fast out of breath walk :ph34r:

'Oh, dear husband............Smiley just sent me a text.............forgot to tell her / give her something...............will be back in ten minutes..............honest............'

:whistle: :whistle:

:lol:

OR, we can spike his ice cream.......... :devil:

We are NOT seeing chaz n Dave, so don't even think about it young lady........................... :shame:

Oh, is baddad not going then?? :devil::lol:

Im still thinking of driving :lol: will see about trying to get my girlfriend to come!! She is not keen on trains and doesnt like it when i drive above 50mph. :lol:

Must dash shes in bath

Im still thinking of driving :lol: will see about trying to get my girlfriend to come!! She is not keen on trains and doesnt like it when i drive above 50mph. :lol:

Must dash shes in bath

i thought you was out looking at castles today warren?!!!

I'm bringing my two Baggy, glad you asked cos I was getting a bit worrid about noone else bringing littlies; but I think I'll go down by myself so you two ladies can travel in peace!!

Sallya, dont be silly, I dont mind a bit of noise, of course you must come with us, will be going from Brighton to London Bridge, I will PM you with train times

'Oh, dear husband............Smiley just sent me a text.............forgot to tell her / give her something...............will be back in ten minutes..............honest............'

:whistle: :whistle:

:lol:

OR, we can spike his ice cream.......... :devil:

:thumbs::devil:

I wouldn't get past the "dear husband" bit before alarm bells began ringing in his head :lol:

Plus he's already wondering who will be available to discuss the off side rule with......I've told him the majority of peeps going are female, so he's not a happy bunny :devil:

:whistle:

Edited by Bagpuss

I'm bringing my two Baggy, glad you asked cos I was getting a bit worrid about noone else bringing littlies; but I think I'll go down by myself so you two ladies can travel in peace!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

:thumbs::devil:

I wouldn't get past the "dear husband" bit before alarm bells began ringing in his head :lol:

Plus he's already wondering who will be available to discuss the off side rule with......I've told him the majority of peeps going are female, so he's not a happy bunny :devil:

:whistle:

yeah and its not as if you can class big head as a male eh? :clap::lol:

Sallya, dont be silly, I dont mind a bit of noise, of course you must come with us, will be going from Brighton to London Bridge, I will PM you with train times

Ditto.

Remember what I do for a living?

The more the merrier...or louder at least!

The skyline will be pretty different this year - Greenwich Wheel. Just thought I should post this so anyone who didn't know about it or had problems (or kiddies who might have problems) with a big wheel has some prior warning. It's fairly close to where we picniced last year and as it's just opened (it was late opening) it could be quite busy in the area.

Wow! That looks amazing! Dunno if i'd be brave enough to have a go though.........i'm a bit iffy about heights!

Thanks for the pre-warning Mumble. >:D<<'> I can imagine my son freaking out over it.

BTW - i was having a lookie at the Greenwich site the other day......... there's a Jazz n Bear festival on............... two days after i leave! :crying::rolleyes::lol:

BTW - i was having a lookie at the Greenwich site the other day......... there's a Jazz n Bear festival on............... two days after i leave! :crying::rolleyes::lol:

Now I got in trouble last time I picked up on a typo, but BD's away so I should be safe .... :whistle: A Jazz and bear festival??? Hmmm, has Smiley been on the alcohicol? :drunk::lol: We're not meeting at the zoo (or in Berlin - they have bears I think) you know!! :lol::P

See, I just thought it was some weird festival I was too ancient to have heard about :lol:

And what is it with all these wheels? Manchester is getting another one as well!

And what is it with all these wheels? Manchester is getting another one as well!

We Londoners are trend-setters :lol: :lol:

(Or else it's all a conspiracy and the London Eye has hypnotic effects built into its design so anyone who catches sight of it gets the urge to erect another wheel elsewhere :ph34r:)

Magic Castle

We went to see the harry potter film castle after lunch :lol:

Ooh we went there last year :thumbs:

We have a photo of JP on the very spot where Harry had his first quidditch lesson!

i think this meet will be great!! We need to have a Sun Dance so it dont rain!! :lol:

I shall bring my coat that way it will stay dry!!!

I used to always wear a coat rain or sunny but work colleagues made me change :lol: And ive found if i have a coat with me it is sunny and if i dont have the coat it rains!! :lol:

One week to go :dance: Very excited now :D:eat::gather:

We need to have a Sun Dance so it dont rain!! :lol:

No need - it never rains in the South :lol: The Northern meet, however ... :whistle:

I know it's really late in the day but would there be room for a small spiky one?

I've got next weekend free and might be able to make it. The only things really stopping me are travelling (I suppose if I'd got off my bony ass and sorted somthing out earlier then it wouldn't be a problem but that's the problem when you've got a bony ass and you don't know what you're doing) and the ever constant threat of rain.

If not then can I put my name down for the meet-up after that (honestly, one of these days I will make it to London - I can't wait to see the pearly kings and queens, see my reflection in the gold paved streets etc. :devil:)

Edited by TheNeil

I know it's really late in the day

Not really, it's just after two - that may be late in the North, what with the limited hours of daylight, but down here we have much more 'day' left yet :devil:

but would there be room for a small spiky one?

There's a hedgehog coming? :unsure:

I can't wait to see the pearly kings and queens, see my reflection in the gold paved streets etc. :devil:)

Nor can I.

Not really, it's just after two - that may be late in the North, what with the limited hours of daylight, but down here we have much more 'day' left yet :devil:

It's not exactly late up here but the daylight 'zone' is currently 11:00am til 3:00pm so I treasure few brief hours when I can actually see things and not have to fumble about in the dark trying to find a candle and a match. Roll on winter when it's dark all the time.

I am confused by the lack of perly kings and queens and pavements made of gold - surely these things are on every street corner (along with, what I believe is called 'an ole Joanna' - can't wait to find out what one of those is. Is it something to eat?)

There's a hedgehog coming? :unsure:

Nor can I.

Now I'm confused. I thought it was at 11:30 :unsure:

Edit: Nevermind I understand now :thumbs:

Edited by ScienceGeek

Now I'm confused. I thought it was at 11:30 :unsure:

Edit: Nevermind I understand now :thumbs:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - sorry, that made me giggle. :devil:

Just so everyone is sure - the meet up is at 11:30am at the bow of the Burnt Out Wreck formally known as the Cutty Sark. That's the end pointing towards the river. There are benches shaped like boats nearby, and we will be meeting there. As this is the South, it will be daylight. And no hedgehogs are coming (the squirrels would just terrorise them :lol:)

this time next week we will all be together :clap::clap: well i will be laying on bards fabby picnic blanket whilst bihead runs and fetches my coffees all day :thumbs:

ive just thought,bigheads been a bit quiet on this thread :blink: bighead you coming to greenwich for our date or not?i know im meant to play hard to get but thats not my style,i like to be direct and to the point ;)

looking at carparks online as i have new car :lol:

Is grenwich a nice area of london?? last time i lived in london i got robbed twice and burgled twice an that was on edgware road.

Greenwich is a lot nicer than Edgware, but it isn't far from some places which aren't so nice. Parking will be VERY limited and EXTREMELY expensive. You may well be better parking up at a train station and taking the train for the last bit.