Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

Yes, family coming too hopefully. DH never misses an opportunity to wander round London, he loves it.

I told DS last night we were off to Greenwich again in July.

He said he'd rather stay with his nana, and he doesn't like meeting "random" people off the internet :lol: I've told him not to worry, and that he won't have to talk to anyone, like last year, but he says.....but what if they say hello :lol::lol:

Just to clarify, DS is NT, it's the girlies that are on the spectrum :whistle:

after a quick look at the thread, I've got a pretty comprehensive idea of what food we'll be having, but no idea of when it'll be! Are there dates yet, or are we working backwards from most important things first?

We are talking of saturday July 12th at the moment. Mumble is having to be overly organised because some of the N.T. members wanted her to be. Nothing like planning in advance. Hey. :P Haven't arranged a time to meet though. Meeting place however is the bow of the BOW. (Contrary to BDs thread we don't mean Hev.)

Guest Lya of the Nox

well i though it was just me and cakes

but meggzie is making noises about seeing someone again that she thought was great :whistle:

and was that a yes to all the cakes then :eat1: :eat1: :eat1:

lol

Well, it looks like me and Kellyanne might come :o:o:clap:

But be warned, unless we can swap shifts, we'll have been working the night before :ph34r::devil:

Boho :dance:

Date and time:

I'm thinking July the 12th (it's a Saturday, Hev!! :P) . . .

Two meetup times didn't work so well, so I think we go for one of about 11:30am, but peeps can meet earlier in smaller groups if they wish. And the same place? The bow (that's the pointy end) of the BOW (Burnt Out Wreck - Cutty Sark for people who didn't follow the whole saga of our 'landmark' burning down before the meetup last year :rolleyes:).

BUT - these are only suggestions - this is far too early even for a super organised AS peep to be making definate plans! :rolleyes:

Date and time:

BUT - these are only suggestions - this is far too early even for a super organised AS peep to be making definate plans! :rolleyes:

I'll not book the hotel yet then :)

An early decision on the date would help to keep costs down for those of us who have a distance to travel. I can't remember when cheap fairs become available but it would be nice for it to be fixed by then. Personally not decided if I'm doing the same as last time or finding somewhere to overnight (no I don't mean the sleeper traini to Scotland though now I've mentioned it I may see what it costs. If it's cheaper than a hotel it would get me closer to home. Will certainly try and find some way to stay later. Out of interest when did it all rap up last time?

We left when the food ran out :lol:

Joking aside, we left earlier than most, because we'd planned to go on the London Eye, although when we got there it was impossible.

Don't stay on Isle of Sheppey....they have furry little creatures roaming around under the vans.

An early decision would be good, but July is still 6 months away.

I need at least 4 weeks' notice to book the time off work.

Advance train tickets have to be booked at least a month in advance.

Hotels are not likely to be booked up months in advance.

I reckon we need to confirm the dates by mid-May.

What does everyone else think?

Nooooo....it's on my JD calendar....I can't go and scribble it out.....that would be like defacing the lovely man himself, so for that reason alone, we HAVE to HAVE it on the 12th July :P

It's set in stone didn't you know? Mumble's suggestions are the law. ;) (Going to regret saying this aren't I?) Not to mention I've written it down in permanent ink so it must mean it's permanent. ;) (For some reason only had a permanent pen in my room. Wrote it down on a scrap of paper so I remembered to write it up on our calendar.)

Joking aside I didn't mean decide right now but if we come to a fixed decision sooner than later people can plan around it. Would help to get rid of some of the uncertainty about whether an event is going ahead or not. Sometimes we seem to get stuck on the planning side forever. I'd perhaps have said by Faster as can then book as soon as tickets are available. Also plan to look at flights which to get cheap require booking a bit earlier than trains. If they cost about the same it would seriously reduce my travel time.

I can't remember when cheap fairs become available but it would be nice for it to be fixed by then. Personally not decided if I'm doing the same as last time or finding somewhere to overnight (no I don't mean the sleeper traini to Scotland though now I've mentioned it I may see what it costs.

3 or 4 months in advance depending on the TOC. When you find out about the Caladonian Sleeper can you let me know - I've wanted to go on that for so long - not useful for me for Greenwich, but maybe for my next 'adventure'!! :D

It's set in stone didn't you know? Mumble's suggestions are the law. ;) (Going to regret saying this aren't I?)

Good thing I know what set in stone means now :D Law, huh :huh: I could have some fun with this :devil:

Joking aside, I have absolutly no idea what's happening July time yet. My sis may well be leaving the country sometime around then so until I know what's happening, I can't make any firm commitments.

May for a decision sounds good - if I make it back off the mountain in one piece . . .

Ending last time - well Kathryn and I took groups of people up the wrong hill, so anyone unfit and over 40 ended up in one of the multiple hospitals in the area and those who did make it were kind of left to our own devices!!! We never did do the choccy beer - maybe if some people are making a special trip we could have an optional extra in the evening for people who want to stay? :wine::gather::drunk:

so anyone unfit and over 40 ended up in one of the multiple hospitals in the area

And very nice it was too, no-one bothered me for days. Had a lovely snooze.

Bard the geriatric. I'll bring my wheelbarrow next time, and BD can work off some of the extra pounds he's put on over Christmas. Maybe a double wheelbarrow/buggy for me and pearl. We could have a little tray for chocolate beer and jaffa cakes.

Edited by Bard

I'll bring my wheelbarrow next time, and BD can work off some of the extra pounds he's put on over Christmas. Maybe a double wheelbarrow/buggy for me and pearl. We could have a little tray for chocolate beer and jaffa cakes.

Can I borrow it once we've got you to the top to come down the hill in - now that would be fun - I could combine all my childhood years of wanting to make a go-kart into one terrifying 20 second ride! :lol: :lol:

Now, are you bringing your grandfather clock with you this year?

Can I borrow it once we've got you to the top to come down the hill in - now that would be fun - I could combine all my childhood years of wanting to make a go-kart into one terrifying 20 second ride! :lol: :lol:

Now, are you bringing your grandfather clock with you this year?

Didn't you know the clip at the start of antiques road show is of Bard's car. They thought she was heading to the show when really she was just making an early start vo meet up at Greenwich.

Talking of Grandfather clocks that is one thing I'll have vo buy when I have my own place. Forget about trends I'll happily have all that nice old wooden furniture no one seems to want at the moment.

As for having fun on hills an emergency blanket makes a great grass toboggan. Just make sure you still have a spare. Plus make sure to avoid any rocks they hurt. I know from experience.

Didn't you know the clip at the start of antiques road show is of Bard's car. They thought she was heading to the show when really she was just making an early start vo meet up at Greenwich.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're not supposed to make me laugh, I'm trying to get sleepy, not more awake! :bounce: :bounce:

As for having fun on hills an emergency blanket makes a great grass toboggan. Just make sure you still have a spare. Plus make sure to avoid any rocks they hurt. I know from experience.

Well we know not to expect any food in your picnic hamper! This sounds like it could be a very fun meetup - I did feel we didn't make full use of the opportunities the hills afforded last year :lol::devil:

Picnic hamper. I'd have problems fitting in there at the moment. For some reason I thought I'd need a load of hard boiled eggs (and I don't even eat them) and hessian (sp?) sacks. Can't think why. Though personaly my moneys on Hev. I think she'd do anything to beat BD. ;)

Edit: I'd have gone for raw eggs but they don't travel well. I think BD and Hev have to be partners for the 3 legged race and wheel barrow race. No cheating and using that real wheel barrow though mind you.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Don't stay on Isle of Sheppey....they have furry little creatures roaming around under the vans.

Baggy :shame: Don't talk about Bads like that ;):o:lol:

I will be bringing matey L from the last time (she is a lurker... :ph34r: ) and probably NikkiSmith. :clap:

Nooooo....it's on my JD calendar....I can't go and scribble it out.....that would be like defacing the lovely man himself, so for that reason alone, we HAVE to HAVE it on the 12th July :P

and mines on my baddad calendar :lol::thumbs: (i sneaked some piccies of him at the meet and made him into a calendar)and im definately not scribbling on him either :D

No the sleeper doesn't run on Saturdays. No fair! :(

http://www.seat61.com/CaledonianSleepers.htm

I will have to go on it at some point though. Probably will go all the way to Fort William. Then I can ride back in the day light. That is meant to be a lovely bit of line. The bit onward from Fort William to the coast certainly is. Especially when steam hauled. Just check the windows are shut or you end up with a carriage full of steam each time you pass through a tunnel. Just wish I could do it on the footplate now. :)

EDIT: Perhaps we could find a group of us and do the tallest mountain in Scotland whilst at it. :)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

and mines on my baddad calendar :lol::thumbs: (i sneaked some piccies of him at the meet and made him into a calendar)and im definately not scribbling on him either :D

Are you planning on selling them on the forum? I'd buy one :thumbs:

No the sleeper doesn't run on Saturdays. No fair! :(

http://www.seat61.com/CaledonianSleepers.htm

I will have to go on it at some point though. Probably will go all the way to Fort William. Then I can ride back in the day light. That is meant to be a lovely bit of line. The bit onward from Fort William to the coast certainly is. Especially when steam hauled. Just check the windows are shut or you end up with a carriage full of steam each time you pass through a tunnel. Just wish I could do it on the footplate now. :)

EDIT: Perhaps we could find a group of us and do the tallest mountain in Scotland whilst at it. :)

Yes, yes, yes!!!! :bounce: :bounce: We can do Munro bagging as a forum!! Let's go, let's go!!!

Any other takers? :unsure:

i def want too gooooooooo sounds like it will be fun....

might get lost though as not good at directions but also need to know well in advance as need to get time off work...

love donnaxxxxxxx

What is choccy beer please? It sounds ver nice.

Meantime Chocolate beer is brewed at Greenwich Brewery. The brewery isn't open to the public, but I'm guessing the pubs in Greenwich would probably sell it :cheers:

Ahhhh, see... if you didn't spend all your money on gin & kebabs you could have bought the OFFICIAL one.

It has all the shirt off beefcake ones, like this:

June 2008... on the beach

And even one or two where THE SPEEDOS come off...

Unfortunately, with this one they caught me breathing out...

July 2008... the full monty

L&P

BD :D

Ahhhh, see... if you didn't spend all your money on gin & kebabs you could have bought the OFFICIAL one.

well you werent complaining last night was you,when you shared my gin and kebab....... :devil::devil: its your turn to buy next time

well you werent complaining last night was you,when you shared my gin and kebab....... :devil::devil: its your turn to buy next time

T'was like that spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp (hev was the tramp BTW)

If only it could have been spaghetti & meatballs instead of a large Donar...

Mind you, not sure I'd want hev getting her lips around my spaghetti! She doesn't leave much for Mr Manners! You want chilli sauce with that? :clap::o

We ended up with a golden cocker spaniel due to my fond memories of this film. It was mad as fish, murdered next doors baby bunnies, pooh'd all over the house for years, and had rock hard ears from them constantly flopping into things..........that film has alot to answer for! :P

im coming to this meetingits going to be so much fun!!!

:clap: :clap: - Though I'm not running up the stairs this time - I'm getting old!! :lol: :lol:

Sliding down the hills sounds fun though!! :whistle: :whistle:

Months of discussing at work with Kellyanne what we will wear :clap:

She was muttering something about about wearing a little skirt that just covers her bum!! :o:ph34r::lol:

That should keep us going until it's time to discuss what to wear for this year's Nun's Christmas Partay (the social hightlight of the year at work)!! :lol:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid