Mumble

Greenwich Meetup

I havn't got a clue at the mo how we are getting there, when we are getting there, where we are staying, if we are staying...and if we will actually make it at all :wacko:

have we set a date yet?

Oh, Oh, I remember this bit...

IT'S A SATURDAY HEV!!

It's on 12th July

Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::clap::thumbs::D:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I've got actual working brain cells and everything this year - the daft one is back, be afraid - be very afraid....... :partytime:

I'm bringing friend L (same as last time - 'coz she is lovely and she is my friend, yes she is.. >:D<<'> ) and NikkiSmith (who is the nutcase who runs the group wiv me :D and also lurvely, and also me fwiend, yes she is... )

I wont have M though - i would like to bring him along - maybe we could arrange something nearer to me, further on in the summer??? (- tell y'eees what, i'll bung a post up for me groups summer hols fundays and see who'd like to tag along)

:dance:

Edited by smiley

Guest Lya of the Nox
I've got actual working brain cells and everything this year - the daft one is back, be afraid - be very afraid....... :partytime:

:dance:

ahh 2 of us

oops a daisy :band:

oh smiley i really liked your mate,glad shes coming

yeah i really wasent myself last year,i was a bit shy cos i didnt know people that well,dont wory though i know you all now so i will be more talkative :o;)

yeah i really wasent myself last year,i was a bit shy cos i didnt know people that well,dont wory though i know you all now so i will be more talkative :o;)

:o:o

:lol:

Looking forward to it: by then I'll have finished work and will be so chilled out :dance::dance::dance:

K x

i know you all now so i will be more talkative :o;)

I think that I'm really busy on the 12th - on a different continent. :whistle::P

dont matter what continent you in mumble,you will still hear me :dance::dance:

I know. Searches internet for mega-earplugs... :whistle::P

i can bring earplugs if you want :lol: Ive got loads and loads of the disposable foam ones in stock!!

I will be a civilian by then!! YEY!!!! :lol: i will be a normal person again!!

I should be nice and destressed by then too!!

Will have my mum with me too this year. Very randomly just booked 2 tickets for a West End show at 7.30pm. Was only meaning to look at Phantom but it had sold out. Will let you lot try and guess what for. Will give you a little help and rule out Joseph too. That is also booked solid. Didnt even know a show existed for what were now booked to see. Now need to book transport & accomidation. Will book to stay at the West End YHA in the next couple of days. Still too early for train tickets.

Didnt even know a show existed for what were now booked to see.

Old man river dance... it's a cross between river dance and the al jolson story... it's awful apparently, can you imagine 'Mammy' with him standing to attention and his legs going like the clappers? Where's the emotion in that?

Or could it be 'The Rocky Bilboa Picture Show?... it's a cross between 'Rocky Bilboa' and The Rocky Horror Picture Show... Sly needs very little make-up these days... of course, since meatloaf lost all the weight the 'Eddie' part has been trimmed... 'Meatloaf' is now appearing as 'Biltong' by the way...

Or could it be 'Joseph and his amazing technicolor yawn?' It's a cross between 'Joseph' and 'We are the Champions - the story of Queen' - the latter being enough to make anybody sick...

OR... Jesus Christ, Supercalifragalisticexpialidotious... you can work that one out for yourselves, surely :rolleyes: ...

I just made myself laugh with that last one - and i'm a tough audience! Perhaps i just need a lie down..... nnight...godbleeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've heard one of the songs in the last one is great.

Jesus Christ, Super-nanny,

Helping children be good to Daddy,

Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ,

Are you as good, as they say you are?...

I'm afraid you've not got it yet BD. Need to fit men on stilts and volcanos in there too. ;)

The Top one Mumble. You know me well. :D

What's my prize? :unsure:

You are right that I like the Lion King as well. Not sure what I would think of a stage production of that. That said people I know who have seen it like it.

Me too. I've had others say they really liked the stage production, but I'm not sure...

Well, enjoy the hairy feet.... :lol:

THE LORD OF THE RINGS STAGE SHOW???????????

What the -

Three novels covering, what, about 1500 pages? Set piece battles with a cast of thousands attacking from all points of the compass?? Giant TREES marching on middle earth??? Flaming volcanoes, bottomless pits and giant spiders????

All of that, in two and a half hours with a 30 minute interval?

Erm....... do they have a bit in the middle where they do an 'under the sea' fantasy with ultra-violet lights and pupetteers? Do they do the 'bench' scene (It's behind you... it's behind you!... and what is it?... it's an ORC... and where is it... it's behind you behind you!)...

Is it a musical?

Oh, Frodo beware

There's an orc in those trees

Don't go over there

Or your ring he will sieze...

:lol:

I'll be interested to see how they manage to squeeze all the story in. Reading reviews though it does help a lot to have a good knowledge of the story otherwise apparantly it is easy to get lost. I think it is more or less a musical with acting bits thrown in from what I've been reading. Here are some YouTube clips, they're a mix of adverts and songs.

Gollum vs Smegol - To take the ring or not.

The Road Goes On

The Final Battle

The London version is slightly shortened. Originally it had 2 intervals. Apparently now instead of a second interval a load of Orks invade the audience. It will certainly be interesting.

EDIT: Here is a song list for what is on the CD that has been produced with the productions songs. It might give you an idea of what is and isn't included. Some how I doubt dear old Tom (Mr Bombadil) makes it. :(

1. Prologue ('Lasto I Lamath')

2. The Road Goes On

3. Saruman

4. The Cat And The Moon

5. Flight To The Ford

6. The Song Of Hope

7. Star Of E�rendil

8. Lament For Moria

9. The Golden Wood

10. Lothl�rien

11. The Siege Of The City Of Kings

12. Now And For Always

13. Gollum/Sm�agol

14. The Song Of Hope (Duet)

15. Wonder

16. The Final Battle

17. Epilogue (Farewells)

18. Finale.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Anyone coming from west sussex? Maybe we could meet and travel up together?

I've pm'd you

bard where you been? ive been thinking about you for a couple of days wondering where you got to!

Went to York with my history-obsessed boy for a week!

It was harder than last time, because he is as enthusiastic as he always was but his legs are 6" longer than mine, so he kept leaving me behind, scuttling along breathless. He also made lists of everything he wanted to see, so I was having to cope with around 4 activities a day, plus ghost walk tours in the evenings. :wacko:

Clifford's Tower has many steps to the top of the keep. as we are members of EH, admission was free so he kept zooming to the top of the keep, and we went round the city walls daily.

Let's not talk about how high up the top of York Minster Tower is.... :unsure:

I feel fitter, but I need a holiday...with a hammock and a tall glass of something.

yes i thought you been away somewhere,i thought of your son when i went to history museum and wondered if he liked museums as well?

I feel fitter, but I need a holiday...with a hammock and a tall glass of something.

I think my mum would agree with you on this comment. Rather than round York I've had her all round the North walking. Has been great fun though. 9 days over the last fortnight I've managed to get out and about. Have some more photos to upload at some stage, but here is a list of some of the places I visited: Caldron Snout and Maizebeck Force (Teesdale); High Force and Low Force (Teesdale); Ashgill Force and Garrigill (South Tyne); Cragside (Northumberland) [Went round the house and on a couple of short walks]; Keld (Swaledale); Blindburn (Cheviots) [This ended up as Peat Bogging]; & Bamburgh (Northumberland) [Had a short stroll down the beach].

It was nice to be able to get out and about. Did very well with the weather too. Only day we got wet was when I went to Caldron Snout. Other than that went through terrible weather to get places but managed to avoid it where we walked. On a couple of days the rain started just after we got back to the car.

Or could it be 'Joseph and his amazing technicolor yawn?' It's a cross between 'Joseph' and 'We are the Champions - the story of Queen' - the latter being enough to make anybody sick...

:lol::lol:

Oi! I'm a Queen fan. And I would highly recommend "Joseph" and "We Will Rock You" - having seen both.

I'd be really interested to know what you think of Lord of the Rings, David. I'm quite curious to see how they do it on stage. I'd like to go but have a few reservations about it: the films were so good I don't see how anyone could better them.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a fan, but I do like Queen. And I love 'Joseph' too :rolleyes: Bill used to know all the words to the songs and used to sing them all the time when he was little... He had such a lovely voice too! Now he sounds like he's got a permenent cold and his voice has lowered several octaves but keeps slipping upwards and going sqeeky! :lol:

Flo' X

I've been away for a while - just wondered what the numbers were now - looks like a lot of people going this year! At least some of us should remember which hill to climb this time! I hope so anyway!

Edited by MichelleW

just wondered what the numbers were now - looks like a lot of people going this year!

Lots! :gather: :gather: :gather: Does that help? :unsure::lol: More than the park regulations actually allow you to have so we're going to have to disguise ourselves as two separate groups :ph34r: :ph34r: ...

At least some of us should remember which hill to climb this time!

You'll be find so long as you don't follow Kathryn ... :whistle::devil: If fact, I've found the perfect T-shirt for Kathryn to wear this year. :P

I'm starting to wonder about what colour tootsies to have this year!

(Last year very dark chocolate brown. I'm thinking purple with little flowers this year! :wub: )

Kellyanne will be wearing something capacious :devil:

Boho :dance:

Last time I saw Kellyanne, she had a small, very happy boy snuggled upon her chest.

And I thought what a perfect design for a mummy...any future wife is going to have some tough childhood memories to compete against! :devil:

Guest Lya of the Nox
I'm starting to wonder about what colour tootsies to have this year!

(Last year very dark chocolate brown. I'm thinking purple with little flowers this year! :wub: )

ahh yes kellyanne lol >:D<<'>

i will be in a very large brown sack, this water retention is a ######, so no playing darts at lya lol

colour toes already

:whistle: