Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

Children out of school team...

Hi,

Just had the people from COOS round to see Connor and introduce him to his allocated Mentor, who is supposed to be supported him in getting back to school. It went really well, no rushing, or pushing, just understanding. Our mentor will now be coming twice a week and will try to build a relationship with Connor, do some school work (at home) together, do fun stuff, go for a hot chocolate, walk the dogs etc and help make a daily timetable/routine (of course I already have one but they think it could change a bit). Eventually she will gradually take him to school for the odd hour etc with a very slow build up to possible return. They want this to happen pending the outcome of the statement.

Connor was fairly co-operative, but then again he always is when there is a meeting etc., he is so passive and conforming able to mask his anxiety etc. They have gone now and as expected he not at all happy, no melt down as yet, but lots of signs and scotting around the lougne which he does when he's stressed.

For me its a positive start as I do so worry about his education and the fact he won't leave the house without much prompting and lots stress. So it will be help for me.....for Connor I am not so sure, but we have got to at least try.

Clare x x x