Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

cahms-any ideas please?

we re currenlty awaiting decision for reassessment via cahms, our lad is 12. Ive started to keep a diary, senco wants to do a supporting report, and ed pysch is going t o see at school. Any ideas of anything else we could do to prepare for battle!? He s so very low at moment too, this is extract from diary, anyone used similar? Is this sort of thing that ll help our cause? Or make me look more neurotic than I feel other sthink I am!

Thanks!

Lisa

J went straight to friends from school for tea, came home 1900 ish, bit upset and weepy, said doesn?t feel well, feels sick and very tired, then had a few rants(not really rants, just continuos conversation ) about worrying about going to the school gym, worrying about getting sweeper bus home, then what would happen if he didn?t go,etc,etc,etc.

Tried to find out if its because he doesn?t want to go to school, says he does cos lkikes his friends he has got, but not the rest of the kids that pick on him.

Bless him, laid on couch cuddled next to me, seems so much younger than 12 at times.

stayed off school,very relaxed day, spent on Rune Scape! Sure he could?ve gone to school, but because was so relaxed we talked, I asked if he makes the noises at school, ie whistling, said he hums because it ?relaxes? him whe n its noisy on school bus,etc

Late to sleep 2230-2300, probably as he slept in this amVery tired and upset tonight,said hates high school,missess primary, cant understand why the kids that were nice to him and his friend at primary are being so mean now, I tried to expalin that in part its because they want to fit in too, he said thjey all call him freak, and he doesnt know why. Just keep trying to keep him upbeat and tell him how fantastic he is. He should not have to feel like this at 12, very low,its unfair

Said at dinnertime one kid picking on him and dinner lady said you must promise me you ll tell year head.

Also said today, he does find it easier to look at noses/neck of people he doesnt "trust" rather than direct eye contact which he doesnt like.

High point tho, 2 house points in science fortrying hard, first hes had since nov! really chuffed, made a big fuss of him.

Said we dont think should go to gym tomorrow, needs a quiet night, hasnt had any"down " time all week, needs that or everything just

escalates.

Hi you're not neurotic at all just a concerned and worried parent.

The diary is a good idea it's is highlighting what your son is finding difficult especially in social situations and school. I would keep going with the diary. I know it can be tiring filling in a diary but it's a really good thing to do as it will give CAHMS somethignt o take into consideration of how your son is struggling.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lisa,

This secondary school thing seems to be quite common for our children, find it hard to cope with etc. I hope the re assessment give you some answers and hopefully a dx so that you can begin to get more support for your son in school.

The odd day here and there to allow our children to relax and re charge their batteries does no harm, so pleased don't feel guilty about it, after all the enormous efforts our children have to put in to get through the day can leave them exhausted which in turn makes things harder to cope with.

Clare x x x

Good luck with getting someone to read your diary - not trying to be negative, but I kept a diary of my son's behaviour for over a year and even though CAMHS have documented the fact that I have kept a diary no one will actually look at it! :wallbash:

I've used a diary successfully, but I've used it to quote and remind myself of events for statements and in meetings. It does seem so draining writing it, but I'd say keep going and maybe keep for a short period. I've felt quite postitive looking back over a period in the diary. It's given me confidence and has also helped identiy other issues and find solutions. Sometimes it's hard to find a pattern as our children are usually not able to articulate what they mean. Good luck with everything,

Sue

Edited by sueeltringham