Sign in to follow this  
KateBall

DLA

Got the DLA form in the post today to reapply before June. I have kept copies of all my last applications so surely if the same stuff applied as it did then and I use the same sort of language I should be ok shouldn't I?? :tearful: If anything I should be able to add that ds needs more protecting from himself as he is getting older (those are words the recent SALT said to me). I suppose I should take nothing for granted. He is probably aspergers. He is currently on middle rate care. Does this sound about right to you?

Our youngest dd's is due for renewal this year too, and I'm dreading it. I would imagine, that if you were awarded it previously, and nothing has changed, then you shouldn't encounter any probs. Good luck >:D<<'>

When l renewed our DLA l just put down what l had put previously, l added a few extra problems that we have with Nick and l got it again ok, so l wouldnt worry too much, you should be fine.

ive not long renewed reeces i was dreading it but used info from old form and added a few more things and it was fine

love donnaxxxx

KateBall - Got ours on Saturday - re-read last time's and I can't see that much has changed so will be repeating most of it - good luck and have a large :wine: or :wine: :wine:

I got my renewal form too, I can't believe it has been nearly a year. I didn't realise that you have to renew it every year? It's such a long, boring form, I am dreading it. But es, I too am going to look at what I wrote last year. Good luck everyone!

Hi all. :thumbs:

Just like to wish you well with the DLA applications/renewals. :thumbs:

All the very best and yes if nothing has changed then its handy to go from the last form, and yet if the situation has got worse then its well worth adding this information, like I did with my son's on a supersession/review then he went from low to high rate, and awarded from 2006 as it was backdated from then until 2013, good luck all. :D

Di.

I think it is unusual to have to renew after just a year. I've just got medium rate care for DS2 and that is for 4 years I think. I've just got forms to renew DS1's - and he has had it for 3 years and medium rate care and low rate mobility. I guess that maybe it depends on whether there is a definite diagnosis of ASD as to whether it needs renewing earlier. I'm not sure about why some people can get DLA for a much longer period than others.

Hi Mine has just come today to renew before July. It is already stressing me out lol, I don't have much time as it is! I don't think I have any notes from last time so I hope I remember everything. (matthew would have had his for 2 years by July) hoping that it will be longer next time! also it says send back as soon as possible, with no date so am not sure what they mean by this this!

Well, mine runs out June I think, and I got the forms just before Christmas, then got a reminder just after Christmas, but no set deadline. So I did start to worry when they sent the reminder! I thought that the longer I left it, the more time I would have to think about what I need to write. I also wanted J's new school to have more time to get to understand his difficulties, just in case the DLA people contact them. And also J hasn't seen his paediatrician for over a year!

Hi - while we're on the subject, does anyone know if when you're reapplying you have to give names of professionals etc to 'back you up' like you do when you first apply? When I first applied son was seeing SALT, Cons paed, OT and Physio etc etc, but now he doesn't see anyone. :unsure:

Cheers - Luv Witsend.

Hi

We recently reapplied for M's DLA renewal. I just put the school contacts down. M goes to an asd school. I copied most of the form from previously, however added in his current problems with things.

Forbsay

Last time we renewed El's DLA after the initial first two years, I stated in the darn forms that his asd and other sn's were not going to go away....so on the renewal we were told that the claim was now valid until 2014, El's 12th birthday!

.....However, I had to have a reconsideration appeal done on the amounts awarded as we (me and El's consultant agreed the medium rate of care and low mobility were wrong, we were finally awarded high rate care and high rate mobility until 2018 when he turns 16!!!! (and it was backdated several months!) :clap:

Good Luck, Kate!

Edited by ellisisamazing