Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

I weighed myself this morning and was 13st 8lb :whistle: Mostly I need to sort my eating out though as I've had an IBS attack practically every day for the last month :sick: Diet and stress have been the main causes of it. I'll weigh every Sunday I think. :thumbs:

I get a lot of IBS problems when i eat choc i think it must be the dairy!! Im stuck i have been the same weight for ages now :( i tried hard last week exercising and diet but lost nothing :o Still as long as it stays off then i dont mind too much but i would idealy like to lose another stone!

Well done everyone else >:D<<'>

Done really well today, have just put in all the food into my online food tracker and am on track food wise today. Did 1hr in the gym this afternoon plus I walked to uni and back which is 1hr in walking :thumbs: Having grilled chicken, new potatoes and salad for dinner tonight :D

Well done SG. :thumbs:

Brooke, I'm the same as you. I only have two more pounds to go and I just can't shift them, but, like you, I'm not putting back on. I'm just so disappointed when I get on the scales and see it the same. Ho hum.

~ Mel ~

Dear body,

Stop it with the hunger signals already. I only fed you 45mins ago, you can't be hungry again, not now. No I won't feed you everything in sight, you will wait until dinner time now. If you are good and stop it you may get a little something nice for pudding, ok?

From your annoyed owner,

SG

PS. You have had plenty of water so no excuses! :rolleyes:

Keep going Forbsay, you'll get back on track soon. >:D<<'>

I've been incredibly disciplined, pretty much obsessive about dieting for a couple of months now. I've denied myself everything, am constantly hungry and always thinking about food, but I can't seem to move any more. Just two measly little pounds and I'd be content with that, but no matter now little I eat and how much I run, doesn't seem to be making any difference anymore. I'm fed up with constantly depriving myself and feeling hard done by, it's getting very waring now but even if I decide I'm going to treat myself to a little something nice, I've got to the point where I just can't do it now and then I feel even more fed up.

~ Mel ~

Good work SG. :thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy: Keep it up. >:D<<'>

I'm hovering tantalizingly just above my target weight, one day it seems to say I've hit it, then I get off the scales and get on again and I've suddenly put on half a pound in about ten seconds! Stooooooooooopid scales! :wallbash:

~ Mel ~

Well done, SG :thumbs::clap:

I've lost about a stone since September, but I was hoping for more as I've been out running 3 times a week.

I've only got 6 days before the 10-mile race (help!!!!! :pray:) but I'll have to keep the running up afterwards or I shall start to resemble a rather large balloon :whistle:

well i lost 20 pounds on ww but stopped going for 4 weeks and put it all back on again!!im starting again tomorrow though :clap:

Ahem. I got my 3 stone sticker at Slimming World this week. I'm a very happy person these days. I've probably got another stone to go, so hoping to get rid of that for the end of the year.

I have been to the gym everyday this week and feeling very smug, I drop Nick off at the station at 8 and l am in the gym by 8.15. Been doing ww for 6 weeks and only lost 2lb, our leader said l have to get my metabolic rate up to see if it helps, fingers crossed for weigh in on Monday

I am so fed up, put on 1lb!!!!!!! I really have been sticking to my diet and going to the gym everyday, what do l have to do to loose weight!! :wallbash::wallbash:

I am so fed up, put on 1lb!!!!!!! I really have been sticking to my diet and going to the gym everyday, what do l have to do to loose weight!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Hiya, You might need more protein in your diet. When your exercising a lot your body needs the protein for muscle devlopment, if there isn't sufficient balance of protein and carbs in your diet then your metabolism will lower and you'll lose muscle mass instead of fat. If you up the protein and watch your carbs then this should help.

Flora

ps... I'm not an expert, but I had a similar problem and this is what someone told me to do and it worked!

Hi Flora, yes l think you could be right, although l stick to WW l do eat quite a few of the WW bars and crisps!!!! I will cut down on the carbs and see what happens

Well done SG. :thumbs::notworthy::notworthy:

I've hit my target now, I weigh the same as I did twenty years ago and I'm really pleased. Finding it a bit hard to stop and treat myself now though.

Soraya, I was like you too. I was eating a very low calorie diet and snacking on pretzels between meals. They're very low in fat and calories, but I just couldn't shift any weight at all. I switched to eating fruit as snacks instead and the weight started dropping off. Now I have very low fat rice pudding with banana or berries as a snack and I'm still losing weight, so it must be more to do with the carbs rather than the actual calories, strange as it seems. Good luck. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

well guys, i think i can help you choose the right foods for your diet. I suggest to go for organic foods it is more suitable to prefer to, i guess.

I can't afford organic at the moment, would love to. We can only just about afford fruit and veg anyway.

On a more positive note have lost 5.5lbs this week :o Not sure how that happened but not complaining :lol:

thats great SG! I have just had a look back through the thread and wanted to say how much it helped me lose the weight i have lost about another 6lb since i was last on here! I could still do with losing about 1st but im in my healthy weight range now which is great! We should def start this thread back up again it was so helpful :)

Edited by brooke

thats great SG! I have just had a look back through the thread and wanted to say how much it helped me lose the weight i have lost about another 6lb since i was last on here! I could still do with losing about 1st but im in my healthy weight range now which is great! We should def start this thread back up again it was so helpful :)

I need to look back through the 18 (!) pages of this thread to see waht you did, but if it works...I'm in! :thumbs: