Bagpuss

EuroDisney

Hi All :D

Hoping to go to EuroDisney in June....got the site near Paris booked, and stop over sites in the UK. Just the ferry to sort out :thumbs:

I've been on the ED site, and was abit :o:o:o at the entrance tickets price. We are a family of 5.

We really wanted to get a two day pass, and it seems it will cost us hundreds, and that's the prices up until April, I'm sure they will rise after that. I'm not sure we will be able to afford two days :(

Anyone give us any tips for our trip? PM if you need too. I hadn't realised there were two parks, EuroDisney and Walt Disney Studios.....which one is the best?

How ASD friendly have you found ED and in terms of physical disability too, as DD uses a wheelchair for days out?

Thankyou >:D<<'>

bagpuss,

it has been a few years since i last went there, but i loved it.

We stayed in the onsite hotels and i found them reasonable considering that covers the cost of the entry to both parks. we stayed 2 nights and had 3 day entry

we had great breakfasts in the park ate things like burgers in the afternoon and went for dinner at night.

(breakfasts were also included in the price)

The park is well laid out the maps you get are great, at 5 years old my daughter found it easy to find things.

you can get fast passes to plan your activities better, and you can organise priority passes for disability, they are very considerate.

It is very busy, very tiring, and you still wont manage to do it all in a couple of days so think about the favourite things you want to see.

At 5 years old it was the castle and princess things hayley wanted to see. now she would want more of the action things.

there are characters walking about which can frighten some people but they back off quickly if the child does not like it.

i would love to go back.

enjoy yourself

nic

Went to disney florida a couple of months ago. So the help and advice i got given for that should be the same for paris. Go to guest services in side the park and explain about your child's difficulties.

I brought a paed letter but they didn't really look at it.

got given a guest assistance card. They stamped it with a stamp that say's alternative route. So that we were able to go in the fast pass way, exit way or the disabled sign way. And a stamp that says my son's major was a wheelchair. And they put a tag round the chair.

Sometimes though it may be easier to go in the main waiting line.

It was a life saver.

Didn't do any of the meet the characters as the lines were too long.

Baggy,

when i was at paris, the pass also got kids priority to meet the characters, it may have changed but it did seem to work. took me a while to work it out.

nic

Nic m never thought of trying that with the characters.

Bagpuss, you have to report back to say if it worked with meeting the characters.

Although with the battle i think i might be about to face, we won't be going back in a loooonnnnggg time as all our money will be gone on prepairing for a trubunial.

Haven't been, but from what I've heard Euro Disney is better at catering for kids with special needs than the Orlando one (which is where we're going this year).

One of my kids from school went with his family before Xmas, and I know they had a guest assistance pass... which,judging from the piccies he brought in to show me, also enabled him to meet all the characters. I'll ask his mum when I see her next.

Also, a holiday company run by Richard Branson, begins with a V, are doing the park tickets for Orlando cheaper than anywhere else, so it may be worth having a look online at their Euro prices.

Guest Lya of the Nox

we went afore diag

the only thing i would say is forget you are British

they dont queue and push and shove lots, in the end meggz walked around with geo as a security blanket, cos it was safest that way

he also had to look menacing a few times

have a great time

i want to go

I took Ben to eurodisney in december. First of all you need to know that it's THE most UN ASD friendly place on the planet! It's a sensory stimulating nightmare. I don't think that should put you off going though; we had a lovely time and just sort of 'went with the flow'.

One thing you do need to do before going is learn the layout by checking out maps etc or you could end up walking around in a daze, which is what I would have done if we hadn't gone with a friend and her son who go every year and know their way round.

another tip; accept that it's going to be crowded and if you're going on the rides there will be long ques even if you do have a pass or fast track ticket.

Try to eat when it isn't lunch time or dinner time! We had our meals out of kilter in order to avoid having to wait for a table.

Some of the rides do fast track tickets. Next to the rides are machines where you get a ticket which gives you a time to come back when you can go in a fast que (they don't all have this facility, just the busy ones).

Not sure about any sort of fast track stamp for disabilities, but I'm certain I read somewhere that they do this. We didn't get this because Ben doesn't qualify as he doesn't need DLA.

There are two parks.... the Disney park and disney studios. There are 'must see' attractions in both so it's up to you which one you chose and whether you go to both or not. Depends how much time you have.

Hope you have a lovely time. We went on the eurostar which was so easy and goes right to the park.

Flora X

Lya, that was exactly my experience too.

we went prior to diagnosis, but i did notice the other children using the priorit passes well Hayley noticed and asked why they got to go in front!

The lack of polite queues really annoyed me but this was more the buses back to the hotel.

Flora, my local support worker gave me a letter stating Hayley had A/S so that she could use it in America, and she said she has given it to many people to get the priority pass, so you maybe should look into that if you ever want to go again.

nic

re taking katie this year,dont know when,steve just wouldnt enjoy it all but katie will love it,mum and dad are having steve that week,they are taking him away

Hi

We have been several times, including our 25th wedding anniversary with autistic 16 year old son!

My main advice is to eat lunch as early as you can manage. The cafes and restaurants become full very quickly and it can be a real nightmare.

The weather is a bit unpredictable and everytime we have been it has rained,make sure you have suitable coats and footwear.

Take a look at this website, www.dlp.info, its full of everything you need to know.

Have a brilliant time, we hope to visit again in December.

Lorainexxx

I think they have a picnic area outside the parks and are not keen on you bringing food and drink in. The priority passes made the trip SO much easier for us. Ds would get really uptight in queues and very ritualistic, lots of counting etc before moving. He also didn't get why people didn't queue to see characters so I flashed his pass and all other children were moved aside for ds to meet Stitch. It also gets you into a set area for parades so you are away from pushing crowds and the characters do spend that bit more time with you. You need to get a pass for each of the parks, we just took Dla form as evidence and there was no problem.

Carrie