angel77

Totally ashamed and outraged.

Having just been for a meal(well attempted meal) with my sister and her children. My little girl, 3yrs, with autism and mobility difficulties did really well, I walked her round about 20 times whilst we were ordering the drinks. It was a large party. Then when we went to sit down to order our meal she had to sit in her major buggy. She was not really happy but I needed to order and I was tired after walking her round so much. We were in the far corner of the place. She was crying so we tried to get her a drink from the bar and some crisps to distract her when a member of staff came to me and asked if I could walk her outside. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I was so embarrassed but equaly outraged that someone could ask me to take my daughter outside :(

I wanted to leave straight away but my Mother went running for a manager and explained the situation and she asked if she could speak to me I agreed to speak to her outside as I was so embarrassed at all of the other people staring at us. :wallbash:

I just told her I had never been so humiliated in my life and that I would not have anyone treat my daughter like that and thats where you leave your dog, outside. :shame: The manager could not believe a member of staff had asked me to take her outside and just could not apologize enough, she said she agreed it was totally wrong. She asked me to take her back inside and rejoin the party but I couldn't. We had our other children too and she said that it wouldn't compensate but would I accept some vouchers. I accepted the vouchers for my other children, which was pretty good. �100. and my sister and her family who stayed was to get her meal free.

But you really can't put a price on acceptence can you?

Angel.

Incredible! I hope that member of staff got severely reprimanded :angry:

Well done for standing up for your daughter, hope you get to use those vouchers for a more relaxing meal soon,

A x

Thats a real shame, i think that manager did well though and it may mean someone will get some training and hopefully some understanding too.

nic

The one who told you to go outside - and all the others who may have thought you should are ignorant selfish people. I hope the manager will do something about it.

Thank you all,

Its the hidden disability issue! She looks normal, even more so now she's walking better, then she kicks up a fuss other people can't handle it. They don't need to be so intolerable though, she wasn't that bad! She can certainly throw a better wobble than that.

Angel.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Hi, really felt for you when I read your post. My youngest ds is 6 now and I still occasionally use the buggy but when you described about how it went, trying to take your little one out for a meal with family it took me back 3 years. I've been to so many family things like that with O in the major buggy crying and they can be so stressful. What a horrible ignorant member of staff. I hope they were disciplined and have actually learnt something from it.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Elun xxx

I work in a restaurant myself and l cant believe what you went through. Tonight we had a family in with a girl who l think was autistic, we were full and were asking people to wait in the bar for a table, well the girl visibly panicked and got upset as there wasent a table, she really didnt want to go in the bar and was screaming and getting really upset, well because of Nick l recognised that she was prob autistic and we put them to the top of the list straight away and they had a table in minuites. The mum was so gratefull as she was embarresed about the fuss her daughter was making. I cant believe what happened to you, we have lots of special needs kids in and they are all welcome, but you would not believe the reaction of other diners, some of them really huff and puff and ask to be moved if they a seated next to them!!!some members of the general public are really not very nice. :shame::shame::shame:

Thank you all,

Its the hidden disability issue! She looks normal, even more so now she's walking better, then she kicks up a fuss other people can't handle it. They don't need to be so intolerable though, she wasn't that bad! She can certainly throw a better wobble than that.

Angel.

Your daughter is NORMAL, it's others who have the issues/problems!

Good for you! >:D<<'>

I hope the member of staff got the sack!! Sorry, but I do. :devil::devil::devil:

The manager seemed to be pretty understanding though - but too little too late.

Well done Angel on sticking up for your girl despite the onlookers >:D<<'>

Hello there, this is our first post, My husband and I have just had our 3yr old son Dx'd, we also have a 17week old son.

Would just like to say that I wish i had a pound for every drink we have had to leave as my husband got back from the bar....

At times i wish we all (family) had Tshirts with "Yes, he's noisy, Yes he Autistic, No i don't care what you think!" on them. :fight:

I know of one mum who used to hand out a buisness card explaining the problem to sour faced staring people....

1 nice thing that happened (although i nearly died with embarrassment - My Hubby liked it though) - we were in Asda before Xmas and my 3yr old sang full volume a whole rendition of "deck the halls with bells of Holly" - Barney style. Everybody in two isles stopped.. some were staring at my hubby and I with disgrace written all over their faces, from the far end of the next isle, 1 man put down his basket and gave my son a proper, arms out wide, standing ovation. My son didn't get it, but it made the two of us feel just that little bit better... - who ever you were, thank you. :clap:

Truly Scrumptious

1 nice thing that happened (although i nearly died with embarrassment - My Hubby liked it though) - we were in Asda before Xmas and my 3yr old sang full volume a whole rendition of "deck the halls with bells of Holly" - Barney style. Everybody in two isles stopped.. some were staring at my hubby and I with disgrace written all over their faces, from the far end of the next isle, 1 man put down his basket and gave my son a proper, arms out wide, standing ovation. My son didn't get it, but it made the two of us feel just that little bit better... - who ever you were, thank you. :clap:

Oh that is so nice, it made me smile! It's heart-warming when strangers just accept our quirky wee people exactly as they are, isn't it?

Welcome to the forum and I love the name, by the way. DD adores Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang.

The fact your daughter has a major buggy should have alerted people to the fact that they might have to be a bit more tolerant for one hour of their conventional little lives. Shame on them. Glad the manager was proactive though. >:D<<'>

Welcome to the forum Toots!

"At times i wish we all (family) had Tshirts with "Yes, he's noisy, Yes he Autistic, No i don't care what you think!" on them"

now, that's a Tshirt I want!!!

"At times i wish we all (family) had Tshirts with "Yes, he's noisy, Yes he Autistic, No i don't care what you think!" on them"

now, that's a Tshirt I want!!!

I would definately wear a tshirt like that too, although I will need a " yes she has autism, No I don't care what you think" on it.

Shall we make some?