di30

Petition/Regarding carer's allowance

Done!

As a carer of two (mum and monkey) it would make a huge difference. I also know of several families with more than one child with an ASD or other diagnosis.

Although I don't get carers allowance, I have signed, as I think you should be allowed to recieve it for more than one person you care for.

Just about to sign this - I didn't realise this either - I also didn't know it stopped once you have a pension - my mum only put a claim in last year (she looks after the children while we're at work since they were little and my asd daughter is 14 now) and only had it for a couple of months before they reduced it to �0.87/per week - because she reached 60 and they claim married couple's pension.

Take care,

Jb

Reading this just reminded me of a scenario that my dh came across when he drove for the local social services.A couple had fosterd a young lad with learning disabilities from the age of 8.When they reached pension age the powers that be decided that because they were now pensionable age the money they recieved for fostering the young lad was now classe as earned income hence after a lot of soul searching ther was no way they were going to manage financilally so the young lad in question who was then 18 went int to one of these shared houses with live in support which funnily enough the field dh now works in and i think the same lad is in one of the houses that he covers..The couple were devaststed as was the young lad as he d been with them 10 years.

lynn

signed as someone who does care for more than one disabled person and PLEASE can I cross post this onto other forums and groups?

Cat