Sign in to follow this  
llisa32

Do I have any rights??

Hiya - just wondered if any of you can let me know, or point me in the direction of any websites??

I really want to see the school test papers that J took before Xmas - he's 8.

They've been marked, and now I would like to review the types of questions etc that he struggled with so that with the Ed pychs help we can work out how best to help him going fwd.

School currently refusing to let me see them - can they actually just do that??

You can certainly see all his school records. You have to ask in writing and the school have 15 days to hide all the incriminating evidence find and photocopy the required documentation.

I always worked on the basis of all work, including formative tests, being open documents and I thought this was the norm - maybe not :unsure:

I can't see any reason why they won't let you see these papers, other than they have something to hide! Whether that's indicitative of something sinister, or just that they aren't proud of their admin/filing and may have misplaced it, who knows?

I would ask for this information in the FOI act, as already suggested.

flora

Yep - and I spoke to the Ed Psch today and apprently they are allowed to not let me see them!

I'm pretty stunned to be honest

But...she does want to see them and is going to request them when she goes in next week - she'll then update me afterwards

I feel like I'm being the worlds most pesky mum at moment - christ knows what they are all saying bout me behind my back! :wallbash:

I feel like I'm being the worlds most pesky mum at moment - christ knows what they are all saying bout me behind my back! :wallbash:

It's called the 'awkward club'... a very exclusive membership!!! Welcome aboard :notworthy:

Flozza X

Lisa, have you asked the freedom of information officer, when i checked this out the worker from our council was very helpful to me.

It is worth a try, the other workers may not be able to do it without you formally requesting it.

nic