Mumble

The Screaming Thread

Mumble >:D<<'> >:D< You OK hun?

Ish. Psych says I'm in shock - that's useful to know but I'd rather he did something about it. Just would like not to feel totally terrified and lost (tried looking at the A-Z but that didn't help :unsure:) for a moment or two and for someone (preferably hunky man in the swimming pool :wub: :wub: :P - see haven't lost my sense of humour :lol:) to give me a hug, make a plan for me so I don't have to do the thinking, and make me feel 'normal' rather than medicated coping - sorry I didn't talk to you at Greenwich - by the time you'd circumnavigated Nelson's Column via the Houses of Parliament and St Paul's Cathedral (:devil:) I was starting to feel less 'I can cope' :tearful: :tearful:

Grrr! It is Tuesday already, why am I still exhausted from the weekend. Get over it brain. I'm too tired to concentrate on anything right now, so glad I don't need to go anywhere today so peopled out right now. :whistle:

Mumble >:D<<'>

Don't worry - it was lovely enough just to see you. :)

Have some >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< 's.

Try not to worry about making a plan.

Go for a swim - and find the hunky one! :clap:

I was told i had post-traumatic-stress, i thought the Doc was bonkers, but when i read up on it - it made perfect sense. Still confused the heck out of me when it was suggested :wacko:

Just be gentle with yourself, and accept that, for today at least, you need to stop and relax.

>:D<<'>

SG >:D<<'>

Feeling very low today.

S & I are never off work together but she was on strike today so we were supposed to be spending it together. She cleaned her flat & baked a cake.

Then yesterday I came down with a horrible streaming cold, & when I saw the rain pouring down today just knew I wasnt fit to go. Absolutely gutted, we hardly ever get time together these days.

I'm tired of these low level infections I'm getting all the time, its high summer fgs & I feel like I normally do mid winter :tearful:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Pearl >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It might be high Summer, but the weather certainly isn't. Having been unable to entice hunky male swimmer :wub: to keep me warm, I took a hot water bottle to bed a few days ago, so it is cold. Could you also have a touch of hay-fever? :unsure:

Nah, its def a cold Mumblie, my 2nd in a month. Think my resistance low due to stress, cope mentally quite well but comes out in niggling ailments. Nearly put heating on today! Anyhoo reading about your adventure certainly put things in perspective ... >:D<<'>

GRRR!! *insert expletive* Psychs :angry: Psych said he would call me this week to say about going to see him over at the PCAT. Guess what, he didn't bother. Surprised much? not really. I can't believe just how much these people have mucked me around :wallbash: Trying to sort out dyslexia tuition, psych, revision, coursework, looking for a new flat. I want to hide now, and I feel very stressed and like I need to throw or bash things. :crying::angry:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Smiley >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thank you Mumblie >:D<<'> >:D<

If you're cuddling a duck that's a good thing! If you're not cuddling a duck, this might cheer you up :)

:D

I want to dance with the ickle animals :clap: pure, smiley, silly-happy-dippy stuff. I love it :D Fank you >:D<<'>

Monkey's just had a dance around the lounge - he likes too. :)

I've woken up this morning feeling like utter cr*p. My throat hurts, my ears hurt, my head really hurts :tearful: , everything's all achy and goosebumpy. Even the bottom of my feet feel tender. :huh:

Yuck

I'm arm-less. :(

And I can't get me bliddy duvet in its cover one handed - I was so chuffed at doing the sheets and pillows in 'inventive' ways I'm now stuck with no bed covers.

I'm cheesed off, my husband gave up smoking last november and in the last few months has started again :wallbash: It upsets me :tearful: he did so well

My arm hurts, I feel really shivery and tired and I keep being sick :sick::tearful: :tearful:

Could you tell your hall manager how you are feeling? With whats been happening lately they might want to ring NHS direct just to be on the safe side >:D<<'>

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just caught sight of myself in the mirror...

I seem to have caught the sun today...

My head looks like a dirt great wrinkled beekroot!

Aggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

And to anyone who said 'but your head always looks like a dirt great wrinkled beekroot' yah boo and sucks! :P

:D

Arrrrghh! That is pretty much it. :wallbash: I'm so fed up of having to chase people up about things, it is a waste of time and energy that I have very little of at the moment. Why can't people just do what they say they will? :unsure:

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Just spent all morning prizing my 2 boys apart - six weeks of fighting to come :hypno:

Oh Joy :tearful:

OMG :o

I've just come back from the hair dressers because for some reason I decided I needed a fringe (after growing my fringe out for the past year :angry: ) and I look like Myra Hindley. She's also given me quite the wrong colour of red for my skin tone :tearful: Thank goodness it's not a permanent colour. I'm angry because it's a mixture of the hair dressers fault and my own. She did my hair lovely a couple of months ago, but today she was clearly in a bad mood. We were looking at the colour chart on the wall and I accidently pulled it off and she was not happy and sort of snarled at me. I was so flumoxed that when she showed me a choice of 3 colours I just picked any one because I couldn't think straight.

After the colour I described the type of fringe I wanted (the type that you can sort of sweep aside and doesn't hang like 'bangs' on your forehead)... well I don't know if something got lost in the translation (she's French and I'm a geordie... but we seemed to manage the last time I was there!) or if she was getting her revenge for me pulling the colour chart off the wall, but I have what can only be described as a 'school girl fringe' (the kind that lies like a dead weight on your face and isn't going anywhere!) which doesn't even go with the rest of my hair style :(

I'm so upset and angry :tearful:

Sorry you had a bad time Flora. My daughter recently had a bad time at the hairdressers too. Usually she has a friend who is a hairdresser do it. Many of her friends have become hair dressers.

My daughter said that the lady that took the initial enquiry was really snappy, and she figured this woman was the boss, anyhow when she got home she was in tears as her hair was beautiful and long layers and she just wanted it thinned out, well it was the worst cut we had ever seen. What we put it down to is the girl that cut her hair was really anxious or angry with this snappy boss and it showed in the quality of the hair cut.

I dont think you ever get a good cut when they are super busy or extremely tired like the end of the week.

But it is upsetting as you have to wait for it to grow out before you can repair the damage they do. :(

xx

I've washed it and dried it... and it doesn't look as bad as it did.... (I have naturally curly hair if I leave it to dry naturally... but she'd blow dried it with a diffuser thingy and it had gone all fluffy.... NOT a good look... and as I won't use straighteners anymore by the time I got home I looked like a wild woman (not really Myra Hindley... more a cave woman look... but a cave woman with a fringe :sick:

It's still not great. Actually rang them and spoke to the French woman...she was very apologetic... she's going to ring me tomorrow to discuss what to do.

Flora

Flo >:D<<'>

how come you don't use straighteners? I couldnt survive without mine.

Loathing humanity today. Shopping in town & I just couldnt stand the crowds. GETOUTOFMYWAYANDSTOPHOLDINGMEUP!!!!!!

And I'm missing Baggy :(

Flo >:D<<'>

how come you don't use straighteners? I couldnt survive without mine.

Pearl, I love my straighteners but because I used them all the time and for so long my hair had got to the stage where I could snap the ends off :lol: I had a couple of inches cut a while back and promised myself to get through the summer without using the straighteners to give my hair a chance to recover. However, after today's fiasco after I'd washed my hair again I used the straighteners on the horrible fringe and that made it look better!

I noticed the crowds today too Pearl... is it because the school's are off now? I drove into Oxford and it was more like a Saturday afternoon than a Thursday morning!

Flora

Ooh, scary. I try & ration them & always use a protective spray, Tr*s*mm* cheap & best :thumbs: so far no probs.

Yup, town full of rugrats with mums not much older telling them to f*in shurrup :rolleyes: Its going to be a loooong summer!

Yup, town full of rugrats with mums not much older telling them to f*in shurrup :rolleyes: Its going to be a loooong summer!

Same here Pearl. You should hear what some of the parents say around here, I wouldn't even dare repeat some of it. The thing is the kids are picking up on this language and then repeating it themselves. There was one kid running around on the bus repeating the same swear word over and over and over.. Not exactly setting a good example to them really, then again the parent was also very drunk at 9am... (I could smell the cider).

I have some training at work today and thought the training started at either 9 or 930 so I got here for 9 and the bliddy training doesn't start till 10 so now I am sitting here like billy no mates waiting till 10 o'clock :wallbash:

I have some training at work today and thought the training started at either 9 or 930 so I got here for 9 and the bliddy training doesn't start till 10 so now I am sitting here like billy no mates waiting till 10 o'clock :wallbash:

Post some songs in the music thread :D

xx >:D<<'>

Oooh, hun...I had a rubbish time yesterday! :tearful:

A certain person was all picky if I asked any questions and I ended up feeling really cr*p at TT :(

At least you only have to watch >:D<<'>

See you tonight...PARTAY!! :drunk::partytime:

(I got some fabby flat silver sandals yesterday so I can boogie the night away :dance::clap: )

Boho :dance:

Ever been surrounded by people - and still felt utterly alone??

:tearful:

*Off to slap meself round the face, n snap outa it*

KA >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> smiley >:D<<'>