need fashion help

Guest Lya of the Nox

we have a ball to go to

tux job for him

hellllpppppp

i have no self confidence at the mo, and am struggling to kno who i am

i kno i need to try and look more "normal!"

but what do you wear to a ball

am pursing the online place but am such a short ar4se i will drown in some dresses, and does it really have to be long???

Don't worry cinders, I'm sure there are plenty of forum fairy god-mothers about to advise and make sure you shall go to the ball...

L&P

BD (behaving) :D

Mmmm...

Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in an evening skirt and top, rather than an evening dress??

What about a garjuss beaded, sequined top over a satin, flat-fronted ankle-length skirt?? Then fabby sparkley high-heel sandles or shoes depending on the time of year?

I would recommend a fitted top and skirt as these are more flattering than loose/gathered things. A scoop or deep v neck-line also flatters. If you are 'big oop top' , a halter-neck is flattering. Plus, always go darker and plain on the bottom half as again this flatters most.

OR, you could go for a plain top and evening skirt, with fabby sparkley jewellery, shoes and evening bag??

Shops: Monsoon, J.Lewis...

Let us know what you get!

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Lya,

I love clothes shopping.

If you are going to try things on, make a day of it.

book a personal shopper, most shops provide this free.

you get to sit in a room and they bring things you will like and other things they think will look good on you.

They will advise on shoes etc.

There is no need to buy, you get the chance to do it in a less stressful enviroment and you get to try on things you would never normally look at.

The most important thing is get your foundations right! buy some good underwear and even the most simple dress can look fantastic.

If you are short a cocktail length dress would be nice, or a ballerina length.

Lots of girlies are really dressing up now to go out and i love it.

I love getting all glam.

You should get some fabby dresses in the sales but to be honest even shops like new look are doing quite fancy dresses.

Now what colour would you normally wear?

What kind of shoes do you wear on a night out, can you walk in heels?

Is it a long time you will be there?

When is it?

nic

I am a short*rse too, & if it wasn't for Principles Petite would have to go nekkid.

Sorry if this is advertising mods but there is a woman in need here.

Hi Lya,

If this is going to be a one off and you don't want to splash out, I've a very nice 3/4 length beaded number you could borrow I am 5ft 3 and a bit, but have big boobs LOL

Think Bid has given some brilliant advice and those frocks on Sally's link are to die for.

Good Luck Hunny, my only advice is don't try to be something your not, ie don't wear six inch heels and a boob tube if its not what your used to wearing.

Clare x x x

Hi Lya

Visit some of the bridal stores they are trained to tee up the perfect dress for your body shape height and personality. Notice as your looking which colour makes you feel happy and confident. Different colours affect our moods iykwim. If the Sales lady is pushy go to another store. The pushy one's will tell you anything looks good just to make sales targets :( so listen to your instincts. Flip through some magazines first to guage whats in fashion. A tip I learned look at the expensive designers stores and then find its absolute copy for a fifth of the price. Same with shoes my daughter and I have fun we go and try on the $900. aussie dollar shoes just to play :) then find its absolute copy for under/over one hundred dollars. :thumbs:

The other important question is long or 3/4 length. How formal is the formal ? You need to find this out.

If you dont go too sparkly on the outfit I find the necklace earrings and sparkly thin strappy sandals and pretty nail polish looks stunning - I love really plain dresses as hair and makeup shoes jewellery dress it up.

If cold there are some gorgeous shawls to pop over your shoulders with beads - colour co-ordinated to match the dress. Soft pastels look pretty if you have a tan. Get a professional to do you make up, visit a beauty salon and a new hairstyle awwww pretty. Have fun....... :) lucky you. :dance:

Frang xx :D

Guest Lya of the Nox

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

you are all brill, it is nice to ask peeps who truly understand

meggz told me off tho, about not being me :crying:

have conned persuaded big man to take me and meggz and a mate to blu*wat*r

for a look,

off to straighten my hair nows

ooh my hair is long enough to straighten lol

ta agains

x