bren

hi

hi ....its taken me a while to post i am mum to twin boys age 14 both with aspergers .....at the moment i am fighting the LEA as one of my boys was permantly excluded from his special school back in dec and there is no provision for him at all ...so at the moment we have no help x

Hi Bren :)

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Fighting with the LEA? Really?? That's unheard of round here! :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure you'll find lots of good background advice in the 'education thread', and anything specific just ask - chances are someone here will have had something similar crop up or at least be able to make an 'educated guess' (ouch - sorry - just realised there's an awful pun in there... and in inverted commas too!

L&P

BD :D

Welcome Bren, I thought l had it bad with one 14 year old with aspergers and going through puberty, but two!!!! my heart goes out to you. Good luck with your fight, lots of us have got our boxing gloves on fighting the LEA so you will not be alone >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have a 14 yr old with Aspergers and we have had our school issues too :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Your not alone and please do keep posting!

Angel.

Hi bren, I have a 14 year old with AS too, there seem to be quite a few of us, must be a popular age. Obviously not much was on telly in 1992, or something like that. Welcome anyway. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hi Bren, welcome to the forum >:D<<'> I also have a 14 year old AS but a girl! Think oxgirl is right about the tv either that or there was something funny in the water back then!

>:D<<'> Welcome Bren >:D<<'>

thank you to everyone for their welcome ......update for me is i have been on to my local area news they are coming in an hour to interview us i did tell the LEA yesterday they would wish they had never heard of me lol god i'm scared

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope the interview goes well.Karen.

well they have been and done the interview my son with all his rabbits should be on air tomorrow eveing at 6

Hi Bren and welcome. I also have a 13 year old with ASD. Guess what - We're hainvg big probs with school as well at the moment. C has been of since last week with no school work to do, no correspodance from school, unaswered phone calls and no date that he is going to return! It's been a nightmare and I'm sure i'm not over the worst of it yet! I know exactly how you feel, but you should get some support from here, i know i have! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Hello Bren and welcome to the forum, I have a AS son who is almost 13 and has been out of school since October.

This is a great forum, I am so pleased you found us.

:thumbs: Clare x x x

Hi Bren,

Welcome to the forum :)

My son is 18 now and out of the education system thankfully..........it was a nightmare for us too :(

Annie

xx

Hi Bren

Totally a big warm welcome, this place is mad but fun and defo loads of advice about school issues, like you, we are too in the last year of primary and they want him to start secondary mainstream and wait for him to fail, when that happens they may make plans to give him something else???? what I dont know because quite simply there is nothing in our area, no ASD units in Mainstream, they are clumped together in the special needs room for 1/2 hour a week, the rest of the time in a large building in a large classroom with children doing work 4yrs above him.

I have the same fight this week as I did last term trying to get my boy into school when I know very well its causing him to be stressed so he has only managed a couple of sessions, but thats all that I can do, keep trying because the LEA are letting children get to this stage before they act.

I hope your story highlights the difficulties that the Education System is and you have found a place as we know what the real picture is as our children are living the nightmare.

JsMum

hello bren >:D<<'> good on you for going on the news :thumbs:

well as for my lea :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: we have all had our share of battles so you are not alone >:D<<'>