Sign in to follow this  
Elefan

A statement wish list!!

Me again!

I know that all of our children are individuals and therefore any statement for school would/should reflect this, but I thought it would be helpful for a topic to be started that people could post idea's or must-have's for any statement!! I know this would be immensly helpful to parents like myself to refer to, whom may cross this bridge in the future.

For example, I read in another post written by Helen (under the Grammer schools topic) that a good idea may be to factor in that the child has extra time for each exam they sit.

Over to you all now to build the topic!!

Thanks,

Elefan

PS: If any of you are feeling brave enough to post 'sample' statements, then please do so under this topic.

Edited by Elefan

Sound advice, as ever, Nellie! Thank you.

Looking forward to hearing some examples and idea's for a 'complete' wishlist.

It would help parents like myself to perhaps identify 'needs' that are there in our child, but had not thought of, or realised that it should be specified. Totally understand the requirement for the statement to be evidenced. Thanks for pointing it out though. :)

Working the system is sound advice, though much determination (as opposed to fight! :D) is needed all too often!! Still wish the appropriate departments could be more forthcoming in their assistance.

Elefan