Sign in to follow this  
hedders

my hubby is stressing me out about choice of school

feeling really stressed my dd starts school in september my hubby wants her to go to her older sister school and i dont, i believe both dd may have sen and this school havent been any good for older dd as they rather label her lazy or slow learner and the senco is ######, however my dd attends a nursery attached to our local school and have applied for her to go there which has been accepted there are lots of children with sen and teaching is good and hubby has thrown a complete wobbly with me so i have also applied for her sister school and sent the form back but have been told it will now be classed as a late entry.

I told hubby tonight he has stormed off calling me names saying that he will contact the admissions department tomorrow and sort a school out for her and im not having a say.

He doesnt like my choice of school as "common" children go there and from working class families he turning into a snob and just likes a good name with a good area for school like older dd school

Oh my goodnes, what a difficult situation, think you and OH really do need to sit down and talk and weigh up all the pro's and con's of both school.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

I don't want to be the middle man in an argument between husband & wife :unsure: , but I have to say that The Boy goes to a special school & I would heartily recommend it. Only you know your DD, but if you think she would benefit from going to a particular school then I reckon you are probably right.

When The Boy started he hardly spoke & had no concept of numbers, letters etc etc.

He now says tons more, we get unprompted speech (unheard of before), he knows his numbers, he knows all the alphabet, he can write his name, his behaviour has improved, he's showing interest in using the loo.......... I could go on and on - it's all positive.

It is hard, no-one wants their child to go to a "special" school, but for us I am 100% sure it was the right choice for our Boy.