Sign in to follow this  
witsend

Need to get son to dentist

Hi - any advice appreciated here am getting desperate. Eldest son (13) has lost 3 'baby' teeth recently which is good 'cos his teethe were getting overcrowded, but now has a 'wobbly' tooth which I think is an adult one! :o From the little he has let me see I think the tooth may also have a hole in it and he needs to see a dentist asap. Trouble is he won't go! Last time he went he had to have a filling - it was dreadful - he refused for ages but was actually there in the dentist chair so eventually had it done, he was very angry and upset afterwards and said next time if that happens he will get up and leave the dentist and will not have any more treatment ever again.

He is poor at brushing his teeth thought I stand with him now and make him do it every day/night.

Now I'm stuck he just refuses to go to the dentist and I am desperatetly worried about him loosing a tooth which can probs be saved. Even if I got him there I can't imagine him letting them treat him - he is terrifed and likely to have a meltdown.

Don't know what to do - help!!!!!!

Luv Witsend.

Hi Witsend our dentist referred my boy to a SN dentist which fortunately is local to us..Its run by our local Primary Care Trust so it may be worth ringing the PCT direct and explaining the situation to them? HTH Dee :)

Edited by Deedee