Sign in to follow this  
brooke

changes

Since January when my son went back to school after the christmas hols he has been included in some more lessons within the main school, he is in an arc at the moment so doesnt go to many classes within mainsteam. This seems to have had a huge effect on my sons behaviour :tearful:

He is constanly hyper for one, he isnt sleeping - he woke at midnight on fri and was up for the rest of the day till 7pm :o He regularly wakes at 2am for the day. How on earth he manages on so little sleep i do not know! He is getting worked up over very minor things and has even punched me becuase i said he couldnt play monoply at bedtime. He hasnt hit me for a year :crying: He is also hurting his brothers all the time and having meltdowns a lot.

This is the only change he has had so i am sure that this is whats bothering him as he isnt able to communicate well and doesnt seem to know if something is upsetting him.

Im not sure why im telling everyone except i know you will all understand. Im feeling quite sad really. Then i feel selfish because i know its hard for me but it must be very difficult for him too having to get used to a new routine. I will be having a reveiw meeting soon with his school where i will be mentioning this but im not sure if i want them to drop the extra lessons in mainstream as he seems to like them when he is there and its the whole point of the arc getting him used to mainstream.

Im just dreading this weeks holiday - there is no way i can take him out as i have the younger two as well and when ds1 is going through a tough patch its impossible to manage them outside. So we will be stuck in for the most part :crying:

Sorry for complaining i just needed to tell someone :(

Oh Brooke - sending you lots of hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Is it possible for you to go and see his school before the review meeting?

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Take care

The sleepless nights must be tough on you too, Brooke.

Just sending more >:D<<'> >:D<<'> your way and hoping that the half term break is better than you're expecting. You know where we are if you need to scream...!

K x

thanks guys >:D<<'> Im lucky that dh helps alot when he wakes in the night as i just cannot go back to sleep downstairs and he can so we take it in turns. The hyperactivity is the hardest though you literally cannot let him be on his own for even 1 minute as he could do harm to himself or his brothers :unsure: its exhausting. Ive just stuffed myself with food and feel terrible now :crying:

Im really feeling sorry for myself today :shame:

Loads of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

C is the same and its definitly started since the xmas hols. I have put a very strict routine of what we are doing and when for this half term but I am dreading it. I hate staying in but am too exhusted to go out as not sure what will happen and am too worried to try.

Good luck hope today has gone okay.

Allie x

The lack of sleep will surely have an effect on his ability to cope; maybe if you could have his sleep sorted then he may cope better after being in the mainstream classes. Has he had any prescriptions for medication to help him sleep? Have you ever tried melatonin?

Anyway, it's just a thought and may be completely irrelevent. I know with my boys if they haven't had enough sleep their coping abilities are eroded.

Flora >:D<<'>

Thanks >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Flora - He has melatonin and his pead has just increased it so hopefully this will help.

My dh has called work and explained the situation, so he has taken the week off which will help enormously. He realised yesterday when he was off that it was impossible to leave him on his own for even a minute and i cant be in two places at once!

We decided to go to my mams today (40miles away) for a few days as we thought it would give us more options of things to do but we have had to come home. We were too scared of him wrecking her house, within a few minutes he had ripped wallpaper off the walls and she has just decorated. Still it got us out for the day and we went for a walk.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> So sorry to hear it hasn't got any easier yet.

Hopefully with DH's help things will be a little better for you.

Good luck with the rest of the week.

Allie x

I can totally sympathise Brooke, the DS is the same. Any change and he is awful and angry and confused, things have to be told in advance or he has a meltdown!

If it's any help we don't get any sleep either with the DS, he even slept in my bed the other night as he was "scared of nasty dreams" he hadn't even gone to sleep to have any :lol:

We are under people for his sleep at the moment, the melatonin worked for a short while then stopped, so now we have done out this room, painted the walls a calming green, and kept toys to a minimum and persevered with the green lamp (he screamed for a solid week over it)with the main light off and the door ajar so light gets in. Also left the radio on very quietly and given him a hot water bottle and a warm bath before bed.

thanks >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

things havnt improved at all. I dont know how much more we can take :tearful: i know its not his fault but he just seems out of control. He has reverted back by what seems like 2yrs. He used to bite the skin on his fingers till it bled when he was 3 and he has started doing this again, i want to help him but all he seems to enjoy is destroying things. I have taken him out by himself and tried to spend some quality time with him i just hope he settles down soon or i will have to ring his pead :crying: Not that she will do much :wallbash: Sorry again for the moan :unsure: