Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

just an update from school meeting i had....

hi

just following on from the other thread id made about positive news and school meeting.

well i went to it and some from from parent partnership/sons social worker/salt/senco/2 teachers.

it lasted an hour and a half and bottom line was he would not get a statement-even if they appyled as hes doing incredibally wel in all subjects in fact coming top of his group in many.which i can belive as just lately hes had times tables to do and i stood there stunned as he reeled them off to me without no help...........hes good with numbers and memory like that.

hes only on a iep as other people are involved and hes not on one for an education point of veiw.

it really is good news. :thumbs:

i also got my chance to point out all the trouble im having to which they did understand,i came away feeling bit jaded but other sugestions was made to how more help can be given as in like time table used to cover coming out of door -into car ect before i pick him up.... and more aware of the changes and noise trouble.......and help with moving into year 3 ect and everyone informed of my sons difficulties ect...........

notes were taken from all people there so i felt on a whole it went well..........as i felt they did listen to me.....i have to add this primary is autistic provision.........id moved him from another to this one at the start of year 1 as the other school were awful and not listening one bit-have to add that was pre dx but all problems were still there its just they didnt want to know.

so in all i felt it was usefull and more usefull by the fact i took other people along with me as i belive they took more notice.

so thats where im up too at moment

also have lady who came out to home with more ideas to help at home,and ive got another camhs appointment through for march...............in which i want to tell them about the not leaving the house stuff and anger problems -as hes become quite abusive towards myself.......and very argumentative all the time over everything.

thanks for reading

rq xxx

Glad it went well - it makes a massive differance when you feel you have been heard - all sounds positive - good for you RQ :thumbs:

Luv Witsend.

Hi Rainbowqueen,

It's good to hear the meeting went well and you felt as though people were listening and taking on board what you said. I hope it tramslates into some definite action to help your son.

K x