Sign in to follow this  
Suze

It,s gettin on me wick!

Sorry ...........its one of my peeves :whistle: ............but I have a thing about adverts..........some I love and get very excited over(the hundreds of bouncy balls bouncing down the road in the sunshine :thumbs: is a goodun).

........Anyway some adverts are really getting on me wotsits at the moment, they should be banned and not be allowed.I hate the new one for a mens spray doedorant...........he turns into this chocolate man with a horrid weird face :tearful: ..........don,t like it one bit very creepy...........then a weird woman on the tube bites his bum.........THEN!............he gets his arm pulled off!...........I mean come on whats that all about :angry: it ,s a horrid advert and scares young kids I,m sure.

.............Also really hate the j*ffa cake advert where the two catty women are having a brew and her friends on the phonetrapped down a well asking for help!!!......................and they don,t believe her!..............horrid women .............

.............and the advert for m*ltesers that has the silly woman on playing with ornaments and she breaks one !!................I mean not all women are stupid halfwits!!......................who thinks these adverts up for goodness sake

............................................anyway its been a long day I,ve had way too much coffee and I feel a sugar rush coming on!.........so must go :blink:

..........................but there is one advert that should be shown more often :whistle: .............the man in his lovely apartment fresh from the shower naked apart from his fluffy towel :wub: .....with a packet of bubbly chocolate in his seaty mitts :rolleyes: .................he says something about it melting in the mouth makes the flavour more intense.........whay hey....................works for me I,ve been eating it all day :sick:

Edited by Suze

I'm just gunna sit back and watch the mods have a fit over naming things :eat1:

:lol:

I quite laike the bubbly one - and the after shave one - and the other nakid man one................... :whistle::o:lol:

I really don't like the one with the chocolate man, I still don't get it even though people have explained it to me. :wallbash:

There was recently an advert on paramount comedy for al murray and lee evans. They both made really horrible noises that made my ears hurt.

If do not like adverts,get a sky+ box/sky sub.,record whatever programmes want,and skip through adverts,it's great.

Not sure if Virgins box does the same as it's got a built in hard drive.

Oooooh Suze, I'm so glad you said this because the chocolate man advert really freaks me out too. The worst bit is when he's with the two women in the cinema and they're eating his ears :sick:

On the up side, I do like the bank advert one's with what's his name.... 'brand new customers only' :D He's so funny even though you wanna slap him :lol:

Flozza XX

I find all these ads pathetic - there are no restrictions for young viewers and parents can't always trust that its okay. One ad with a picture of a male on a card jumping up and down with a full frontal wobbling in your face it was an animation but I got straight on the phone and coplained. :unsure::rolleyes: even my daughter covered her face. :angry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFziCySvUQw...feature=related

Check this one we have in Aussie. After 9.30pm some may find it humorous but not at 4pm. What is it teaching our daughters.

The chocolate one is nothing compared to this. imo

I find this really offensive at 5pm in the afternoon. What applies to movies should apply to ads.

On the up side, I do like the bank advert one's with what's his name.... 'brand new customers only' :D He's so funny even though you wanna slap him :lol:

Flozza XX

Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh talking of BANK adverts my absolute most hated ad of the mo (and definitely one of the front runners for 'ever')

is a bank one with an imbecilic rhyme 'one day I was taking my fish for a walk'...

No doubt some ad agency got paid THOUSANDS for that when in fact the sad little (even accepting that he is grossly overpaid, I think the 'sad little' would still apply because he must be morally and intellectually bankrupt) exec who dreamt it up should be dragged into the nearest street and flogged as an example to any one else who thinks 'winging it' is acceptable. :angry::angry::angry:

he's probably the same bloke who wrote my second most hated of recent times (ousted from poll position by the above, on the basis that it's shown more often) which involved a moronic 'rap' about rain falling out of someones mouth... i think it may have been about a mobile phone company, but I was too busy projectile vomiting all over the screen to actually take it in...

Think I'd best stick to auntie beeb... i can't take all the stress :lol:

I,m so glad I,m not the only one who gets incensed by these flippin adverts.Must say at this point that the products they are all selling :thumbs: are absolutely perfect :whistle: its the ads that aggravate :wallbash:

.....................my son has a new catch phrase (shouted in :rolleyes:a high pitched voice with lots of exaggerated arm movements :wub: )......

................"You,ve got to switch"!!................which comes from some annoying advert :angry:

................nowsorry to change the thread totally but another thing that is REALLY.........poking me wigwam is the MTV series MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN............the american version does,nt seem so bad as they always seem to celebrate big style over there , but they,ve started a home edition :angry:

................if you,ve not seen it please checked it out :o ...............unbelievable!.............its based on a kids 16th birthday these kids are spoilt brat types who send a shudder through me , its horrid compulsive veiwing :sick: ...........they expect a huge pressie usually a car...............a top entertaining/pop star....(one spoilt git had Cascada perform .........only to ask where was kanye west :hypno: )...........must go and lie down another sugar rush comin on.............

Sorry ...........its one of my peeves :whistle: ............but I have a thing about adverts..........some I love and get very excited over(the hundreds of bouncy balls bouncing down the road in the sunshine :thumbs: is a goodun).

........Anyway some adverts are really getting on me wotsits at the moment, they should be banned and not be allowed.I hate the new one for a mens spray doedorant...........he turns into this chocolate man with a horrid weird face :tearful: ..........don,t like it one bit very creepy...........then a weird woman on the tube bites his bum.........THEN!............he gets his arm pulled off!...........I mean come on whats that all about :angry: it ,s a horrid advert and scares young kids I,m sure.

.............Also really hate the j*ffa cake advert where the two catty women are having a brew and her friends on the phonetrapped down a well asking for help!!!......................and they don,t believe her!..............horrid women .............

.............and the advert for m*ltesers that has the silly woman on playing with ornaments and she breaks one !!................I mean not all women are stupid halfwits!!......................who thinks these adverts up for goodness sake

............................................anyway its been a long day I,ve had way too much coffee and I feel a sugar rush coming on!.........so must go :blink:

..........................but there is one advert that should be shown more often :whistle: .............the man in his lovely apartment fresh from the shower naked apart from his fluffy towel :wub: .....with a packet of bubbly chocolate in his seaty mitts :rolleyes: .................he says something about it melting in the mouth makes the flavour more intense.........whay hey....................works for me I,ve been eating it all day :sick:

i havent seen any of them adverts :tearful:

I can't remember the last time I saw an advert for the particular brand of deodrant mentioned above (it happens to be the one I use but I can assure you not due to its advertising I like the smell of one of the particular ones and it is the only one I have yet found that I do like - happens to be named after somewhere I like to visit too but that isn't why I decided to use it) that I liked. They really get on my wick. The banks adverts with the slogon 'there is another way' also I am getting sick of. Other banks aren't as silly as they make out. Most car adverts are also a bit rubbish. What is it with showing us a load of CG stuff. Surely the idea is we admire the car. Instead you think they have to use CGI to try and make it look good. Boy must it be rubbish. The ones for a phone company that is only one colour of the spectrum (boring) that they put on the start of films at the cinema I go to also get old really quickly.

Now to counter it with some ones I do like. The old cylinderical chocolate toffee filled sweets advert with the elephant was a classic. The older one of the Christmas 'Holidays are Coming' adverts with the trucks lighting up everywhere they go through. I also think that the adverts for a bank name after a place beginning with a H are fun. I like the songs and think they are fun. A certain brew knows how to make good adverts too. Would never drink it but love one for potential use in science lessons (edited to remove branding). You know the rythm of life is a terrible thing. Another I used to like but can't remember what it was for was the young girl infront of a truck along with the song search for the hero inside yourself. The new Think! advert with the motocyclist and all the warnings (in all sorts of places) about the hazards coming up I thought was cleaver and more thought provoking than their usual shock and awe tactics. The old adverts could mostly go on the dislike list. Finally the various food adverts from both JS and M+S are rather good. They even manage to make things that I couldn't stand to eat look tempting. That change quickly if I tasted any of it though. Fish, yuck! (I'm a bit fussy when it comes to food though not as bad as my bro and no where near as bad as some children I know.)

Its fascinating the reaction of people to adverts in the way it affects their mood and demeanor. I did read a book about self hypnosis that suggested when we got up in the morning it was the world around us first think that determined our mood for the rest of the day.

It suggested that if this was negatives moods that we should be aware of it and therefore control it better and reading these posts seems to suggest it does happen but can we control it?

Had to dig this old thread out as I saw the best advert in the whole wide world today :groupwave:

....................its for a juice type syrup that you add to milk (I think), and it rhymes with musha :thumbs:

...............anyhow back to the ad..........it features lots of different pussy cats all using gym equipment and the lead cat is singing a song.............had me in stitches :notworthy: ..............totally hilarious

..........................now back to ads that give me the wobbles :rolleyes: ..............the one with the big fish hook that hooks people in the mouth...I think it is to promote giving up smoking.............the one with the fatty goo :sick: ............oozing out of a cigarette to display how it hardens your arteries is yuckky too

..........................and the one for mistreated donkeys/horses in foreign countries has me in floods of tears :crying: ............they use a shot of one poor animal stumbling over carrying a heavy load......................there are some others for charities that affect me deeply too, the very famous childs charity gets me each time I see it. :crying:

..............these ad people get me every time..............