pearl

One placement down, three to go!

JP finished his first 6 months placement on Fri. They did a little presentation for him, he got a card with some lovely things written in by his colleagues, & presents, one of which was a joke book! (He is notorious for his corny jokes!)

Very moving - he's clearly made a good impression & will be missed.

So its goodbye Legal Services, hello Neighbourhood Renewal. He's been round the new office & knows where he's sitting etc. He's doing a straight swap with one of the other apprentices. Really, really hope he likes it as much & the people are as nice. :pray:

Hi Pearl,

Hope the next experience is just as good and he builds on the confidence and skills he's gained.

I really hope when it's L's turn to get out into the world, she'll also be well supported like your son has been so far. I've really gained hope from reading your positive posts over the last few months.

Go JP! :thumbs:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

UPDATE:

Well his first day went well. He's in another building 100 yds down the road, & a bit nearer the sandwich shop :thumbs:

Kind of, same work, different place, different peeps. Again, they seem a nice bunch.

I was expecting him to be a bit stressy, but he was fine :thumbs:

Wow, that's amazing, hasn't he made great progress and hasn't that six months flown by!! :thumbs::notworthy: Hope he enjoys this one as much. It's good news that he's nearer the sandwich shop, that has to be a bonus. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~

Sorry Pearl, missed your original post. Surely it can't be 6 months already..... :o

What a lovely send off JP got, and sounds like his new placement is starting off well :thumbs:

Long may it continue :D It's lovely to hear about his progress!

What does neighbourhood renewal do in practice?

I was wondering that :) I was trying to come up with some witty remark to Pearl's original post, but failed :lol: Well done to JP :first::thumbs:

Can't believe it's been 6 months already!

Can he renew my neighbours please? :lol:

Glad the new bunch are OK. I would find it stressful even if they were. He's obviously coping really well, which is brilliant news!

Well, not that I'd know from JP :rolleyes: but I checked it out on the councils website, & its about financial help to peeps living in deprived areas of the city, grants to upgrade central heating etc.

I like your thinking Tally :thumbs: could do with renewing mine too.