smiley

Flippin' LEA....

Have you spoken to LEA person, Smiley?

Are they looking for another school, or sticking with the current one? If it is the former, you may well end up with the school you want. If it is the latter, you do need to force them to re-write the Statement, and contacting your MP may be the best way.

If you have no luck with someone coming round, I can come and see you one afternoon next week. Just e-mail me.

I agree - you need to check with ipsea whether accepting the Review Report constitutes an amendment. I have a feeling it doesn't. I know this LEA are reluctant to re-write Statements, and when they do they often just tack a paragraph on the end.

Hi Smiley, I am so sorry that you are going through this.

As you know I have had 'dealings' with this particular LEA man myself in the past, and had much the same response as you. I feel for you.

I too am in a similar place in that L isn't progressing (gone from a 1b to 1a in 3 years!), but cannot appeal/try to get him in another school because the LEA won't amend the statement, and the school take the line that he IS progressing :wallbash: Stuck with the status quo until something quite big gets bashed against a brick wall shattering it.

I unfortunately have no words of advice. I wish I did. I just want you to know that you're not alone.

J xx

Thanks J >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Kazz - don't be daft - they are refusing to talk to me *can't think why...?!' :wallbash:

Refusing to talk to school - refusing to talk to anyone - or answer emails - or do much of anything productive.......

(you going to the talk thingy next week?)

I've had my meltdown - feeling much stronger now - i have such amazing support form you all, and some truly wonderful friends in the real world too! >:D<<'>

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.............just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...........

*Dory from Finding Nemo!!* keeps going around my head.

They won the battle - but ain't gunna win the war................... :devil:

Smiley keep at it you'll get there in the end its good to hear you getting back into fighting mode >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry to hear they're still refusing to talk to you can you try asking your MP to mediate for you ?? :whistle: *I'm already booked in to my MP's next surgery as a precaution for after our panel meeting* ;)

Smiley, you keep going girl!!!! If I can do it, YOU can do it.

You CAN do it.

Flora XXXXXXXXXXXXX

>>they are refusing to talk to me *can't think why...?!'

Refusing to talk to school - refusing to talk to anyone - or answer emails - or do much of anything productive.......>>

I think it may be time for a letter to your MP. Include a brief summary of the lead-up (his age, dx, current school not coping, emergency review), that emergency review recommended change of placement, but X weeks later the LEA has failed to tell you what they are doing about this. LEA has failed to respond to x phone calls (give dates), x e-mails (give dates), etc. That you are becoming increasingly frustrated that you are not being involved in finding a suitable school for your son and that the current situation is not satisfactory for your son or the current school.

My MP got a very quick response from the LEA, and he did not let them get away with waffle. Don't tell the LEA you are writing to your MP. The less time they have to make stuff up the better!

>>(you going to the talk thingy next week?)>>

No, I'm not.

Hope you can get some help from IPSEA, the NAS or your MP - or all three. Please do let us know what the advice is. I have a friend who is in a similar situation. Good luck.

Jellyfish..................pmsl! :lol:

Thanks guys >:D<<'>

I'm organising a day for someone to come around and go through it all with me.....help with letters..................phone peeps for me.................etc.............. :notworthy::notworthy:

Write to your mp asap the lea are taking the mickey.

:ninja: get them told :ninja:

*ickle update*

I have a couple of choices - but none of them preddy!

And i have an IPS who knows their biscuits :notworthy:

Have legal help :notworthy:

The will to fight is back - thank you for getting me there again >:D<<'> :wub:

The way to get a SENDIST appeal if they are refusing to amend the statement in this situation is to ask for a re-assessment.

This is like asking for the statutory assessment in the first place. If they refuse, you have the right of appeal again. Good luck.

PS. My MP's letter sorted everything within a week - 8/9 grand a year's worth of extra support that they'd refused for months and months. So very worth doing.

*ickle update*

Go for it! :ninja::ninja:

>:D<<'>

K x

*ickle update*

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>